• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dems DO NOT Support the Troops

ANAV

Reaction score
While the leader of the DNC has no faith in mighty US Military, the Democrat's 2004 presidential hopeful accuses the troops of acts of terror.

Howard Dean said "The idea that the United States is going to win the war in Iraq is just plain wrong," As many of you know, I'm in the military and I know one hell of a lot more than Dean and we can and will win this war.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/12/5/200637.shtml

John Kerry accused the troops of terror " ... And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the - of - the historical customs, religious customs." This does sound like the same borderline acts of treason he committed after Vietnam.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/12/5/162822.shtml

With leaders like this who demoralize the our troops and invigorate the enemy, no wonder the military voted 73% Republican. Lets have some faith for our guys can we?

ANAV said:
While the leader of the DNC has no faith in mighty US Military, the Democrat's 2004 presidential hopeful accuses the troops of acts of terror.

Howard Dean said "The idea that the United States is going to win the war in Iraq is just plain wrong," As many of you know, I'm in the military and I know one hell of a lot more than Dean and we can and will win this war.

John Kerry accused the troops of terror " ... And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the - of - the historical customs, religious customs." This does sound like the same borderline acts of treason he committed after Vietnam.

With leaders like this who demoralize the our troops and invigorate the enemy, no wonder the military voted 73% Republican. Lets have some faith for our guys can we?

I'm sorry that the only way you can feel support from the dems is if they agree with you on every single issue regarding this war in Iraq. I am sorry you are so small minded that it's essentially your way or the highway. So you're 37 years old. How is it that you know more than John Murtha? He had as many years in the military as how old you are. He fought in Vietnam, and he earned himself some impressive decorations. How is it that you know more than he does? It's okay, ANAV, for people to have varying opinions on this war. There are people in the military who believe we cannot win this war. Are you going to call them "non supporters" as well?

Is what John Kerry is saying true? Is there any validity to his statements? If so, it's not treason--it's fact. And what he is saying now isn't what he said during Vietnam. And when he testified on the hill during Vietnam, he was relaying what others had told him--not what he had personally witnessed. Atrocities occurred in Vietnam by American soliders. Are you going to deny that? The Republicans have turned his testimony into what Kerry accused other soldiers of doing. If you verified all the facts you would know that this was not the case AT ALL.

The military voted 73% republican is probably because most of them are enlisted people. I am guessing that the educated officers had less of a % voting for Bush.

If Democrats want to understand why they are seen as unpatriotic, even anti-American, they need only look at their own party leadership. In recent days Al Gore, Howard Dean, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, and even John Murtha have done little more than act as a chorus of traitors, propagandizing for our enemies (as ALWAYS!!!).

This is not a mere matter of Republicans smearing Democrats for disagreeing with them. Democrats are bringing hope to our enemies and demoralizing our troops by lying about them. All Republicans can do is set the record straight and call these Democrats out for the treasonous, lying cowards they are.

The outrageously false smears they have leveled against our troops and against their mission, portraying them as committing acts of terror, as being broken, doomed, and fighting for a lie demonstrates exactly what Republicans are talking about. Every time one of these self-serving partisan cowards calls for America to retreat from the terrorists, it is played all across the Arab media to encourage our enemies. It is treasonous.

And about educated officers, I suspect that most of them have seen Saddam in action and know that he needed to be ousted. These people are not forced to get their information from the same BS liberal media we are, so I suspect, being that Saddam was in fact a genocidal terror-sponsor and a threat to us and all our interests in the region, most of these officers don't have their head up their asses snough to vote against common sense and for a waffling turd like Kerry.

The remaining 24% of them military that didn't vote for Bush was undoubtedly from the huge portion of the military made up by blacks (who overwhelmingly voted for both Kerry AND Gore by over 90%).

Last edited:
aquapub said:
If Democrats want to understand why they are seen as unpatriotic, even anti-American, they need only look at their own party leadership. In recent days Al Gore, Howard Dean, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, and even John Murtha have done little more than act as a chorus of traitors, propagandizing for our enemies (as ALWAYS!!!).

This is not a mere matter of Republicans smearing Democrats for disagreeing with them. Democrats are bringing hope to our enemies and demoralizing our troops by lying about them. All Republicans can do is set the record straight and call these Democrats out for the treasonous, lying cowards they are.

The outrageously false smears they have leveled against our troops and against their mission, portraying them as committing acts of terror, as being broken, doomed, and fighting for a lie demonstrates exactly what Republicans are talking about. Every time one of these self-serving partisan cowards calls for America to retreat from the terrorists, it is played all across the Arab media to encourage our enemies. It is treasonous.

Perhaps they don't feel that fighting a war to cover up a mistake is a really patriotic thing to do.

aquapub said:

:agree Absolutely spot on. Bravo!

And there is no greater lie than to say it is patriotic to support handing over Iraq to terrorists just because the ever-clueless Democrats can't grasp that Saddam (the terror-sponsoring, genocidal maniac who routinely launched missiles at a nuclear power-Israel) was a threat.

Even IF Saddam's STILL UNACCOUNTED FOR WMD weren't just destroyed or moved during the MONTHS UPON MONTHS of public debate about invading, it still wasn't a mistake to topple this huge threat to us and our allies. Pick a reason. There are a multitude of them as to why Saddam was too much of a threat to be left in power.

This BS spin about the whole war being a mistake just because Saddam got rid of his WMDs before we got there doesn't withstand one second of serious scrutiny. Dems are habitual liars about Iraq.

PALEEEEZE!!!!! :roll:

aps,

I'm sorry that the only way you can feel support from the dems is if they agree with you on every single issue regarding this war in Iraq.

IMO, an unwarranted - but understandable - assumption: ANAV didn't address 'every single issue'. ANAV addressed 2 specific issues and 2 specific Dems. But I can see how you would make the statement that you did, in that the thread is somewhat unfortunately titled "Dems DO NOT Support the Troops", suggesting that the charge should apply to all Dems. My point is that it is a mistake (for any of us, not just ANAV or me or you) to extrapolate from Dean and Kerry to all Dems. For example, Lieberman's widely disseminated piece from last weeks WSJ. And certainly Hilary has continued to argue against the Murtha position (so far).

How is it that you know more than John Murtha? He had as many years in the military as how old you are. He fought in Vietnam, and he earned himself some impressive decorations.

After active duty in the Vietnam era, Murtha spent the rest of his time in the reserves. His actual time on active duy may or may not have been equal to or greater than that of ANAV - we don't know how long ANAV has been in, so we can't say. Murtha's reserve duty does count for something, of course, but your suggestion that he 'had as many years in the military as how old you are' is not accurate. And please don't think I'm belittling Murtha's reserve duty, 'cause I'm not. It is simply that, in its totality, nothing compares to being out there every day.

Is what John Kerry is saying true? Is there any validity to his statements?

What is true about his statements this year is the same thing that was true about his statements and his 'medal-tossing' and his 'reporting for duty' remark at the Dem Natl Convention: self-serving and opportunistic attempts to gain partisan advantage and paint himself in a flattering light. Whether or not there is any literal truth to his statement to Bob Scheifer is not known. Kerry's statement is intended, IMO, to have the listener extrapolate from legitimate military activity to a vision of the deliberate terrorizing of women and kids in the dead of night.

What is known is that our military have very strictly defined Rules of Engagement (ROE); these ROE strictly prohibit the kinds of activities alluded to . That is not to say that it has not happened - God knows, if the abuses at Abu Ghraib occured, then other abuses could have occured. Nonetheless, in attempting to plant this vision, Kerry does one thing and one thing only: he tries to hold himself out as being somehow morally superior to the 160,000 odd US military people in Iraq - which is total unadulterated baloney.

aquapub said:
And there is no greater lie than to say it is patriotic to support handing over Iraq to terrorists just because the ever-clueless Democrats can't grasp that Saddam (the terror-sponsoring, genocidal maniac who routinely launched missiles at a nuclear power-Israel) was a threat.

Even IF Saddam's STILL UNACCOUNTED FOR WMD weren't just destroyed or moved during the MONTHS UPON MONTHS of public debate about invading, it still wasn't a mistake to topple this huge threat to us and our allies. Pick a reason. There are a multitude of them as to why Saddam was too much of a threat to be left in power.

This BS spin about the whole war being a mistake just because Saddam got rid of his WMDs before we got there doesn't withstand one second of serious scrutiny. Dems are habitual liars about Iraq.

PALEEEEZE!!!!! :roll:

what a bunch of Crap. Anyone who can write this lying trash is either mentally ill or subject to some serious thinking disorders.

what a bunch of Crap. Anyone who can write this lying trash is either mentally ill or subject to some serious thinking disorders.

Uncalled for. You have posted criticisms previously without resorting such, so I know you are capable of better. How 'bout it?

aquapub said:
Even IF Saddam's STILL UNACCOUNTED FOR WMD weren't just destroyed or moved during the MONTHS UPON MONTHS of public debate about invading, it still wasn't a mistake to topple this huge threat to us and our allies.
Huge threat? Where was this threat? I don't remember Saddam threatening us.

As for Israel, they weren't worried about Saddam either.

To create a bridge between non-support of a war to non-support of the troops is lazy syllogistic logic.

ANAV said:

THere are people that believe that this war on a terrorist organization cannot be won in the fashion they are waging it. The governement has done more by derailing the way in which terrorists are funded. Plus a clear defaninition of what is a terrorist and what is an insurgant are at issue in Iraq. If we leave (which we'll do over time) and the country falls to civil war then that is their responsibility and there is nothing we can do about it. Ww can't choose sideds in a civil war. And Al Quadia doesn't have the capability to take over a country let alone run it. So the fear of a terrorist take over of Iraq is just another fear tactic.

I find it ironic that Democrats are being labeled traitors, and Republicans are being hailed as patriotic (Libby, Rove).

Treason has to be an act, not an opinion. If you want to call Democrats traitors, that's your opinion, but if you really believe that they are treasonous for voicing their positions on Iraq, then I'd say you'd probably rather be living in some sort of Stalinist state.

These dems are not attacking the troops, they are attacking the Republican leadership. Simply because 73% of the troops voted republican does not mean that they are the same thing as the Republican leadership. So while you may call a lot of what the Democrats say about the war spin, I say your interpretation of what they are really saying equally despicable spin.

aps,

Forgot one other point that I wanted to make about Kerry's comments...

Kerry: And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not--

Schieffer: Yeah.

Kerry: --Iraqis should be doing that.

Note that Kerry isn't against this per se; he just thinks Iraqis should be doing it.

Source.

dragonslayer said:
This is your second post today accusing someone of mental problems. Can you give us your credentials please?

YNKYH8R said:
And Al Quadia doesn't have the capability to take over a country let alone run it. So the fear of a terrorist take over of Iraq is just another fear tactic.
Source please.

Mikkel said:
I find it ironic that Democrats are being labeled traitors, and Republicans are being hailed as patriotic (Libby, Rove).

Treason has to be an act, not an opinion. If you want to call Democrats traitors, that's your opinion, but if you really believe that they are treasonous for voicing their positions on Iraq, then I'd say you'd probably rather be living in some sort of Stalinist state.

These dems are not attacking the troops, they are attacking the Republican leadership. Simply because 73% of the troops voted republican does not mean that they are the same thing as the Republican leadership. So while you may call a lot of what the Democrats say about the war spin, I say your interpretation of what they are really saying equally despicable spin.
That is because Republicans will "defend" freedom but don't want you to practice them. Seeing the GOp and their supporters (even here) go nuts when someone says "I don't support this war" is amusing. They forget when you og to war you take the country with you and if the country doesn't stand behind the war....well then it's pretty much over.

dragonslayer said:
[MOD MODE]
This is not debate.
This is not appropriate.
If you find that you can no longer control your urges and are overwhelmingly compelled to drift from the thread subject and begin discussing your personal feelings for yor fellow posters, please use the Basement. The Basement is the space specifically set aside for the exploration of your personal feelings for fellow board members. Get as touchy-feely as you like down there, but not here.

Sincerely,
SWM
[/MOD MODE]

aps said:
I'm sorry that the only way you can feel support from the dems is if they agree with you on every single issue regarding this war in Iraq. I am sorry you are so small minded that it's essentially your way or the highway. So you're 37 years old. How is it that you know more than John Murtha? He had as many years in the military as how old you are. He fought in Vietnam, and he earned himself some impressive decorations. How is it that you know more than he does? It's okay, ANAV, for people to have varying opinions on this war. There are people in the military who believe we cannot win this war. Are you going to call them "non supporters" as well?

Is what John Kerry is saying true? Is there any validity to his statements? If so, it's not treason--it's fact. And what he is saying now isn't what he said during Vietnam. And when he testified on the hill during Vietnam, he was relaying what others had told him--not what he had personally witnessed. Atrocities occurred in Vietnam by American soliders. Are you going to deny that? The Republicans have turned his testimony into what Kerry accused other soldiers of doing. If you verified all the facts you would know that this was not the case AT ALL.

The military voted 73% republican is probably because most of them are enlisted people. I am guessing that the educated officers had less of a % voting for Bush.

And I am sorry your support of the troops consists of comparing them to terrorist. I know a lot of guys in the military. And I can tell you for a fact. They don't want nor need that kind of support. If your going to make these comparisons or support those that do then NO you are not supporting the troops no matter how much you might want to delude yourself that you are. Making blanket statements depicting the military is absurd. But the dems have been doing this throughout. I have heard refrences to Nazis, stormtroopers, and terrorist all in describing our military. IMO if your supporting the people that say this crap, your aginst our troops not for them.

Calm2Chaos said:
And I am sorry your support of the troops consists of comparing them to terrorist. I know a lot of guys in the military. And I can tell you for a fact. They don't want nor need that kind of support. If your going to make these comparisons or support those that do then NO you are not supporting the troops no matter how much you might want to delude yourself that you are. Making blanket statements depicting the military is absurd. But the dems have been doing this throughout. I have heard refrences to Nazis, stormtroopers, and terrorist all in describing our military. IMO if your supporting the people that say this crap, your aginst our troops not for them.

I don't think anyone here, or any of the politicians in question have ever compared the troops to nazis, stormtroopers, or terrorists. I don't think they are like that at all.

But if they did act like an oppressive occupying force that robbed Iraqis of their freedoms, would you still be opposed to people calling them those names? Would you still defend them? I don't think we should sacrifice America's standards simply to keep morale high.

Blindly criticizing the military is wrong, but so is blindly supporting it.

Funny comment from a blog. Funny, but maybe perceptive in its suggestion of how average folks are looking at the Dems right now...

I was in the line of Dads and kids at Burger King last Saturday when my 10-year-old, who was trying to make sense of my left-wing sister-in-law's ranings at Shabbos dinner the night before, asked me about it. I blurted out unthinkingly (usually I try to be circumspect in public as to avoid a scene), "The Democrats want to end the war now when they can still find somebody to surrender to." To my surprise, the dads around me cracked up. Not very grammatical, but to the point.

Source.

aps said:

I guess I need to apologize for being an uneducated enlisted piece of Republican scum.

[MOD MODE]
These sorts of, "\/\/3 ru|3, 7h3y dr00|," threads have a history to rapidly degenerating.
If you would like the thread to remain open, please continue to keep the debate about the thread subject.
[/MOD MODE]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom