• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems Confront Cartoon Pete Buttigieg After Iowa Caucus

Surrealistik

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Such a perfect summation.

Such a perfect summation.

First it was Hillary.
Next it was Kamala.
Then it was Klobuchar.
Then Biden. Then Warren. Now Buttigieg.

Is there any Democrat running for president that you Sanders supporters won't hate? :lol:

Bernie Bros are determined to give us four more years of an ever-increasing fascist nation.

First it was Hillary.
Next it was Kamala.
Then it was Klobuchar.

Is there any Democrat running for president that you Sanders supporters won't hate? :lol:

Bernie Bros are determined to give us four more years of an ever-increasing fascist nation.

Is this really your takeaway from a satire short that pokes fun at every candidate?

Is this really your takeaway from a satire short that pokes fun at every candidate?

More like 2 minutes 5 seconds of my life that I wasted. :lol:

It's more from the sum total of DP posts by the bigger Bernie fans. We've got threads accusing Buttgieg of being influenced by Russians because one Russian donated. We've got a thread insinuating that the DNC is rigging the primary for Bernie because a Dem organization in Nevada hired someone who left his staff, coupled with attacks on anyone who doesn't have a problem with that as them not caring about election fraud, so on and so forth. CTs that sound very much like the CTs used to defend Trump.

It's getting ****ing ridiculous. It doesn't help Bernie - you can't insult people or CT your way to more support for Bernie - it only helps Trump. America, even including the left in general, is simply not far left enough to love all his ideas. And one cannot virtue-shame and/or virtue-signal people into switching to loving Bernie. The more fierce all that is, the more likely his fans are going to sit at home if he doesn't win, and the more people do that the more likely it is Trump wins. (And, because of how people tend to work, the more likely one is to turn people off Bernie ...even if it shouldn't work that way).

I don't know about your cartoon because I generally don't do the "here, watch this video" thing. But if you're wondering where their comments came from, I'm suggesting it's probably from the vicinity of the things I just said.

You're thinking of the DNC there, turbo.

First it was Hillary.
Next it was Kamala.
Then it was Klobuchar.

Since Sanders’s Supporters — another SS — are chicken**** backstabbers, let them squirm on a contested convention in which a real progress-ive, Sen. Sherrod Brown, is drafted.

let them squirm on a contested convention in which a real progress-ive, Sen. Sherrod Brown, is drafted.

I'll just say it: Not all Sanders supporters are like that. But I have no doubt that if their Dear Leader does not get the nomination which they obviously feel he is entitled to, they may throw another election. :(

Time for Berniebrats to start a turd �� party.

The DNC already started the turd slinging party. The only question is whether or not you gormless centrists are even emotionally equipped to handle it.

It's more from the sum total of DP posts by the bigger Bernie fans. We've got threads accusing Buttgieg of being influenced by Russians because one Russian donated. We've got a thread insinuating that the DNC is rigging the primary for Bernie because a Dem organization in Nevada hired someone who left his staff, coupled with attacks on anyone who doesn't have a problem with that as them not caring about election fraud, so on and so forth. CTs that sound very much like the CTs used to defend Trump.

It's getting ****ing ridiculous. It doesn't help Bernie - you can't insult people or CT your way to more support for Bernie - it only helps Trump. America, even including the left in general, is simply not far left enough to love all his ideas. And one cannot virtue-shame and/or virtue-signal people into switching to loving Bernie. The more fierce all that is, the more likely his fans are going to sit at home if he doesn't win, and the more people do that the more likely it is Trump wins. (And, because of how people tend to work, the more likely one is to turn people off Bernie ...even if it shouldn't work that way).

First of all, if you're not going to comment on the cartoon, why are you here?

Second, this thread isn't about airing out your frankly baseless opinions on Sanders supporters at large after you've gotten indigent about a handful of people on social media, and how your anecdotal experience 'proves' they're a monolithic hivemind of vicious brutes, bullies and conspiracy theorists to the last. If you want to debate with the Bernie supporters that have offended you as to the best way to get people onside, then go do that in the threads you've mentioned.

I'll just say it: Not all Sanders supporters are like that. But I have no doubt that if their Dear Leader does not get the nomination which they obviously feel he is entitled to, they may throw another election. :(

There’s no ‘may’ to these assholes throwing another election.

These stupid mother ****ers love getting played and filleted by trumputins.

I don't know about your cartoon because I generally don't do the "here, watch this video" thing. But if you're wondering where their comments came from, I'm suggesting it's probably from the vicinity of the things I just said.

Applaud. Mr Person is one of the best DP posters. Very lucid and articulate. Well done.

I loved this phrase: "you can't insult people or CT your way to more support for Bernie"

That's exactly what they are doing. Just today another Bernie fan insulted me, and what he called "moderate gibberish." And another one said they don't need moderates to win. A third one said the same a couple of days ago. Big mistake. Oh, edit: I see a fourth one doing it here.

Arrogance alienates potential supports. Arrogance won't pay off. It will only help Trump.

Last edited:
Since Sanders’s Supporters — another SS — are chicken**** backstabbers, let them squirm on a contested convention in which a real progress-ive, Sen. Sherrod Brown, is drafted.

A contested Dem convention would be the kiss of death for any (already slim) possibility of beating Trump.

The DNC already started the turd slinging party. The only question is whether or not you gormless centrists are even emotionally equipped to handle it.

We were progress—ives before your parents were born.

I can’t wait until March 17th, when I can vote against Sanders in the primary. Your ilk owns that.

A contested Dem convention would be the kiss of death for any (already slim) possibility of beating Trump.

Just the opposite. I shouldn’t have to explain that to someone who projects such intelligence.

First of all, if you're not going to comment on the cartoon, why are you here?

You may have failed to noticed that you made an additional comment attacking others for making their comments, and I was responding to your additional comment. If you don't want people to respond to new things you said, why do you say them?

Second, this thread isn't about airing out your frankly baseless opinions on Sanders supporters at large after you've gotten indigent about a handful of people on social media, and how your anecdotal experience 'proves' they're a monolithic hivemind of vicious brutes, bullies and conspiracy theorists to the last. If you want to debate with the Bernie supporters that have offended you as to the best way to get people onside, then go do that in the threads you've mentioned.

You're only further proving my points right here in the comment

I'm not kissing Bernie's ass or laughing at Buttgieg with you, so you get nasty, aggressive, and troll-baity. And as with many Trumpist attacks on the left, you are dishonest in doing so. It is not "a handful of people on social media." It's a lot of people here on DP, elsewhere, all-around. And why go after them in those threads when they're right here in this thread?

Clearly basic reading comprehension isn't your strong point: I said nothing about how I would act, or how I would recommend Bernie supporters act in terms of the general. Personally, I plan to vote Dem no matter what (Bloomberg being a notable exception) and that should be true of all Democrats, but behaving like a child as you clearly are is obviously counterproductive to any goal of retaining party unity and achieving a general victory in November.

To be honest, besides embarrassing yourself, you've made my own point for me better than I could hope to.

"Large faction", like you've actually quantified anything, lol. Get a clue; the only thing you actually have any idea about is how much you don't want Sanders to be nominee. And yeah, if you (and people like you) are going to actively attack and alienate Sanders' base, you shouldn't be surprised if it doesn't turn out.

If you wonder why I didn't respond to you in that thread, it's because all you coughed up was more of the same in response to one of my posts.

Scrolling down your recent posts, the bulk are like that. Someone doesn't immediately agree with what you say about Bernie or against any candidate other than Bernie - right down to conspiracy theories you backed like the one that because a Nevada group hired someone from Buttgieg's staff the fix must be in, and you go full on attack-troll mode.

You aren't entitled to have people slaver over Bernie. You aren't entitled to have everyone believe your pro-Bernie/anti-everyone CTs. And you most certainly are only to stab your cause in the back by behaving in such an offensive fashion towards people who might be willing to listen right up until you demonstrate who you become the moment someone disagrees with you.

PS: it's "indignant". "Indigent" refers to being poor.

Applaud. Mr Person is one of the best DP posters. Very lucid and articulate. Well done.

I loved this phrase: "you can't insult people or CT your way to more support for Bernie"

That's exactly what they are doing. Just today another Bernie fan insulted me, and what he called "moderate gibberish." And another one said they don't need moderates to win. A third one said the same a couple of days ago. Big mistake. Oh, edit: I see a fourth one doing it here.

Arrogance alienates potential supports. Arrogance won't pay off. It will only help Trump.

So you don't see any problem with bursting into a thread via a completely off-topic post that has nothing to do with the OP and smearing all Sanders supporters as CTs and bullies essentially on the basis of how some people acted on social media?

I thought you knew better than to interpret anecdotes as evidence and absolutes, but maybe I was wrong.

We were progress—ives before your parents were born.

I can’t wait until March 17th, when I can vote against Sanders in the primary. Your ilk owns that.

"Wahhh I want to vote against Medicare for all because Bernie Bros were mean to me on the internet"

First it was Hillary.
Next it was Kamala.
Then it was Klobuchar.

No matter how you slice and dice it, the candidates are pitiful. If I were a Democrat today, I would be shaking my head and saying, "What the F@@@! How in the hell did we get these idiots running for president when they couldn't even beat a rug.

I'm happy though. It shows that if any of you people here think that any one of these blithering fools could beat Trump, your group is far more stupid than I gave you credit for and it is a sign you are out of touch with reality.

No matter how you slice and dice it, the candidates are pitiful. If I were a Democrat today, I would be shaking my head and saying, "What the F@@@! How in the hell did we get these idiots running for president when they couldn't even beat a rug.

I'm happy though. It shows that if any of you people here think that any one of these blithering fools could beat Trump, your group is far more stupid than I gave you credit for and it is a sign you are out of touch with reality.

That's exactly what y'all, Trump, and Putin want. It would have never been an issue had we just rallied around Hillary. :shrug:

You may have failed to noticed that you made an additional comment attacking others for making their comments, and I was responding to your additional comment. If you don't want people to respond to new things you said, why do you say them?

How on earth was that an attack? I was asking them honestly and politely how it was that their takeaway from a short that lampoons all the candidates is 'that there's no candidate Bernie supporters won't hate', and that 'Bernie Bros are determined to give us four more years of an ever-increasing fascist nation.' How do you look at this cartoon and come away with such an utterly deranged and non-sequitur conclusion? Dogpiling with yet more off-topic pearl clutching doesn't really address the substance of my question.

You're only further proving my points right here in the comment

I'm not kissing Bernie's ass or laughing at Buttgieg with you, so you get nasty, aggressive, and troll-baity. And as with many Trumpist attacks on the left, you are dishonest in doing so. It is not "a handful of people on social media." It's a lot of people here on DP, elsewhere, all-around. And why go after them in those threads when they're right here in this thread?

If that is how you choose to interpret things, I can't stop you. My point is that you are factually broadbrushing Sanders supporters on the basis of essentially anecdote which is frankly absurd; if you had any kind of scientific quantification or methodical tally of CT pushing Sanders supporters and the like, I might be more inclined to take you seriously.

If you wonder why I didn't respond to you in that thread, it's because all you coughed up was more of the same in response to one of my posts.

Scrolling down your recent posts, the bulk are like that. Someone doesn't immediately agree with what you say about Bernie or against any candidate other than Bernie - right down to conspiracy theories you backed like the one that because a Nevada group hired someone from Buttgieg's staff the fix must be in, and you go full on attack-troll mode.

You aren't entitled to have people slaver over Bernie. You aren't entitled to have everyone believe your pro-Bernie/anti-everyone CTs. And you most certainly are only to stab your cause in the back by behaving in such an offensive fashion towards people who might be willing to listen right up until you demonstrate who you become the moment someone disagrees with you.

First of all, I didn't back any kind of conspiracy theory regarding one of Buttigieg's paid staffers being appointed as the Voter Protection Director for Nevada; I said it was a stupid and absurd choice, particularly in light of the Iowa debacle and 2016, as well as the electoral importance of the primaries being perceived as fair and clean, and that it gives rise to an appearance of conflict of interest which it indisputably does.

Second, I personally tend to counterpunch myself; you must have me confused for someone else. If someone wants to make a disingenuous smear or attack against my candidate of choice, I'm all too happy to challenge it. I don't typically pick fights.

Third, the very idea that I think I'm entitled to have people 'slaver' over Bernie is patently absurd, and as mentioned previously, I don't vest any real stock with CTs regarding Iowa or NV, but nice try.

Finally, with all due respect, it is apparent that you are utterly blinkered as to the directions from which abuse and derision flows; you seem to have a keen eye when it stems from Bernie supporters, but utterly ignore it when it comes from the other direction.

PS: it's "indignant". "Indigent" refers to being poor.

It's actually autocorrect, but yes, the petty pedantism is both noted and expected in lieu of meaningful arguments.

Back
Top Bottom