• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dem's are Winning Both

Wow. I never expected this.

Neither did I.

But when one engages in naked self-dealing (even if not technically illegal) as both Republican Senate candidates did, and tie your political fate to the whims of an uncaring, unconscientious, capricious demagogue like Trump who mismanaged our national response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, people can only tolerate so much.

Yeah, I thought a split was going to be a good performance for the Dems, although it was clear all along that it would be close regardless.

I don't expect many of my wishlist items out of this government, but I do hope that it will function more or less normally. Or at least what I remember as normal. The far left will complain that not enough is being done and the right will complain that too much was given up: in other words, we'll have compromise.

Yeah, I thought a split was going to be a good performance for the Dems, although it was clear all along that it would be close regardless.

I don't expect many of my wishlist items out of this government, but I do hope that it will function more or less normally. Or at least what I remember as normal. The far left will complain that not enough is being done and the right will complain that too much was given up: in other words, we'll have compromise.
It will help Biden get his cabinet approved much easier plus any Supreme Court picks he may pick.

A very important victory. That you need to send a signal to future wannabe authoritarian rulers both in the US and in the rest of the world that the Trump presidency is an abnormality and not the norm. That Republican politicians like Loeffer that said she will object to the electoral vote instead of standing up for democracy needs also to be voted out.

Back
Top Bottom