• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
If Biden stood in front of television cameras and lied his arse off and you knew he was lying, would you vote for him?

If Biden stood in front of television cameras and lied his arse off and you knew he was lying, would you vote for him?

Millions will. Some are on record as believing his sexual accusers and will vote for him anyway.

If he lied as much as trump, no. As it stands the bar is now set very very low thanks to trump so he has a looooong way to go. In fact I would wager if Biden were allowed 4 terms as president, he still wouldn’t lie as much as trump in 1 term.

Doubt that many would consider it a positive feature.....

XURIZ4MRI5ATXMXOCXBDP7QKZE.jpg

......wish I could say the same for republicans. ;)

If he did that, which he doesn't, he'd still lie less than Trump so I would begrudgingly vote for him.

I would heavily criticize him for lying though because I'm not in a cult.

If he did that, which he doesn't, he'd still lie less than Trump so I would begrudgingly vote for him.

I would heavily criticize him for lying though because I'm not in a cult.

well they could put up almost anybody against Trump and it would be very hard to prove that Trump hasn't lied more
more then likely Trump has lied several HUNDREDS of times more
Have a nice day

Obvious baiting aside, we do have a serious issue to contend with.

The sad truth is we are comparing two people for President each with their own take on spin, half-truths, and sometimes outright lying their arses off.

About that notion I keep going on about, history books having to write about this period we are in... It will not be pretty.

The sad truth is we are comparing two people for President each with their own take on spin, half-truths, and sometimes outright lying their arses off.

About that notion I keep going on about, history books having to write about this period we are in... It will not be pretty.

Let me address your baiting comment if I may. If biden told three whopping lies like trump tells to try to get my vote, he doomed himself. If you have to lie cheat or deceive to get a vote, you're not for me.

Let me address your baiting comment if I may. If biden told three whopping lies like trump tells to try to get my vote, he doomed himself. If you have to lie cheat or deceive to get a vote, you're not for me.

The question becomes when has Biden stretched the truth, to put it mildly, in a manner that treads into Trump outright lying his ass off territory?

(I am uncertain that has or has not happened, just because the world of politics today seemingly allows for this sort of foolishness of 'in the bubble' thinking and rhetoric.)

Yeah. I am in this strictly to ruin the MAGA freaks' day.

It's time for the joke of, "How do you know when a politician is lying?".

Fact is, Congress has lower approval numbers than Trump.

Fact is, Congress has lower approval numbers than Trump.

Which is another terrible bit of irony, those guys on average enjoy around 90% reelection rates with incredibly few exceptions to that unwritten rule.

Which is another terrible bit of irony, those guys on average enjoy around 90% reelection rates with incredibly few exceptions to that unwritten rule.

Everyone is happy with the person that represents them. It's those other 500+ that need to go.

I think the bolded part is important. A lot of people just kind of believe whatever their guy says. I would still vote for Biden over Trump if I knew he was lying about things. As a matter of fact, I already believe he is lying about certain things in his platform.

In this election; AbsaByGodLutely.

Everyone is happy with the person that represents them. It's those other 500+ that need to go.

Pretty damn close my friend.

Political parties and/or various movements target vulnerable seats and hope they do so just enough to fly under that 90% reelection rate they enjoy so much and flip just enough seats to change majority. The long term Congressional critters watch who is leading the Senate or House go back and forth while they sit there enjoying being on the hill themselves 20 years, 30 years, some quite a bit more.

The name of that game is of course ridiculous but it tells us quite well of a persistent goal for not just those wanting to hold those seats that are arguably vulnerable for whatever reason but also the other guy fighting to flip that seat.

Something else that just occurred, I've talked several times about the age of these two candidates going at each other in a debate and it just hit me how old some of these people are in Congress.

Bill Pascrell (Dem, NJ.) is 83, has been there since 97'.
Pat Roberts (Rep, KS) is 84, been there since 81' House and then Senate.
Richard Shelby (Rep, AL) is 86, been there since 19' also House and then Senate.
Dianne Feinstein (Dem, CA) is also 86, been there since 92'.
Don Young (Rep, AK) is also 86 nearing 87, been there since 67' in one way or another.

Tell me again about Congressional term limits, you think any of those 5 could accurately describe what the Internet really is? These guys craft policy and law, impacting you and I, and have the modern day understanding of a 6 year old. Every one of them I would be concerned about behind the wheel of a car, but they legislate our nation.

Those "500+" never go anywhere, only a handful as Congress flips left and right and perhaps split... only to repeat.

bwahahahhahhajajjah....they dont care what biden says. They need to vote how they are told by the DNC and just STFU if they dont like what the DNC says. Just look at how they handled Bernie supporters...again the democrats bent them over, raped them of their candidate then Obama gets on TV and tells them to vote for Biden because at the 50000ft level hea far left. And of course Bernie supporters, holding their bungholes will vote as Obama told them.

No, I would not vote for him if he was a liar. Trump is the Pathological liar.

Pretty damn close my friend.

Political parties and/or various movements target vulnerable seats and hope they do so just enough to fly under that 90% reelection rate they enjoy so much and flip just enough seats to change majority. The long term Congressional critters watch who is leading the Senate or House go back and forth while they sit there enjoying being on the hill themselves 20 years, 30 years, some quite a bit more.

The name of that game is of course ridiculous but it tells us quite well of a persistent goal for not just those wanting to hold those seats that are arguably vulnerable for whatever reason but also the other guy fighting to flip that seat.

Something else that just occurred, I've talked several times about the age of these two candidates going at each other in a debate and it just hit me how old some of these people are in Congress.

Bill Pascrell (Dem, NJ.) is 83, has been there since 97'.
Pat Roberts (Rep, KS) is 84, been there since 81' House and then Senate.
Richard Shelby (Rep, AL) is 86, been there since 19' also House and then Senate.
Dianne Feinstein (Dem, CA) is also 86, been there since 92'.
Don Young (Rep, AK) is also 86 nearing 87, been there since 67' in one way or another.

Tell me again about Congressional term limits, you think any of those 5 could accurately describe what the Internet really is? These guys craft policy and law, impacting you and I, and have the modern day understanding of a 6 year old. Every one of them I would be concerned about behind the wheel of a car, but they legislate our nation.

Those "500+" never go anywhere, only a handful as Congress flips left and right and perhaps split... only to repeat.

I think that term limits would have some unforeseen negative consequences. However, I have sometimes wondered if we should forget elections completely for the House and Senate and institute a system similar to jury duty where everyday Americans would be involved in doing their civic duty for set time periods. You would have to meet certain qualifications in order to serve and maybe even get picked by a higher body in order to actually serve in the role, like for a juror being picked from the jury pool to serve on a case. We save on the cost of elections and having to have two homes in order to serve.

With the ever increasing danger of nuclear attacks in the future, I feel it is a bad idea to have all of our federally elected officials all do their work in one basic area (such as DC) where one well timed nuclear detonation could wipe out our entire government in one fell swoop. Using my jury system, or even elected officials as we currently do, and with the technology that we now have, everyone could perform their duties without having to all be in DC at the same time and having to set up second residences there.

Last edited:
Generic "Congress" always has super low approval numbers. Most people like their members of Congress though. That is pretty much true whenever that question is asked.

Doesn't change the fact that Congress has lower approval numbers than Trump. And, what you are saying is that a particular American likes 1% of Congress and doesn't like the other 99%.

I think that term limits would have some unforeseen negative consequences. However, I have sometimes wondered if we should forget elections completely for the House and Senate and institute a system similar to jury duty where everyday Americans would be involved in doing their civic duty for set time periods. You would have to meet certain qualifications in order to serve and maybe even get picked by a higher body in order to actually serve in the role, like for a juror being picked from the jury pool to serve on a case. We save on the cost of elections and having to have two homes in order to serve.

With the ever increasing danger of nuclear attacks in the future, I feel it is a bad idea to have all of our federally elected officials all do their work in one basic area (such as DC) where one well timed nuclear detonation could wipe out our entire government in one fell swoop. Using my jury system, or even elected officials as we currently do, and with the technology that we now have, everyone could perform their duties without having to all be in DC at the same time and having to set up second residences there.

What HIGHER BODY would you trust to choose our leaders?? That higher body would essentially be a dictator.

Back
Top Bottom