• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats, you have one real job...and you are screwing it up

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The most important job Democrats have -- in the view of this ex-Republican -- is to offer up someone who independents and NeverTrumpers can vote for instead of Trump.

Thus far, you are ****ing this up.

Example: the latest cluster **** is the "New Green Deal". Some of the early D contenders have "signed on". Kamala. Cory.

So they are out for this NeverTrumper. Kamala took herself out for me when she said she would eliminate all private health insurance, including that provided by employers.

As much as I've hated Nancy P. in the past, she gained some respect for saying the "New Green Deal" was a "dream deal". IOW, not realistic. She is at least pragmatic.

I will never vote for Trump. I would never normally vote for a Democrat either. But I considered it it as opposition to Trump.

Be careful of letting this pendulum swing too far. You are dangerously close to snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

The most important job Democrats have -- in the view of this ex-Republican -- is to offer up someone who independents and NeverTrumpers can vote for instead of Trump.

Example: the latest cluster **** is the "New Green Deal". Some of the early D contenders have "signed on". Kamala. Cory.

So they are out for this NeverTrumper. Kamala took herself out for me when she said she would eliminate all private health insurance, including that provided by employers.

As much as I've hated Nancy P. in the past, she gained some respect for saying the "New Green Deal" was a "dream deal". IOW, not realistic. She is at least pragmatic.

I will never vote for Trump. I would never normally vote for a Democrat either. But I considered it it as opposition to Trump.

Be careful of letting this pendulum swing too far. You are dangerously close to snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Nah. They're actually not screwing it up. Based on the last mid terms, people put the dems in the house for a reason. They're simply not coming dangerously close to what you're suggesting.

Nah. They're actually not screwing it up. Based on the last mid terms, people put the dems in the house for a reason. They're simply not coming dangerously close to what you're suggesting.

You are comparing some districts vs the electoral college. Not a good wager.

You are comparing some districts vs the electoral college. Not a good wager.

You're actually taking for granted that things that have been merely suggested by one individual will become policy of a candidate and a party. Not a good wager.

You're actually taking for granted that things that have been merely suggested by one individual will become policy of a candidate and a party. Not a good wager.

Kamala has said she signs on with the New Green Deal. I will not vote for her because of it.

Cory Booker has said he signs on with the New Green Deal. I will not vote for him because of it.

If I were a member of the Democratic herd, I wouldn't be all that concerned.

The five or six who have thrown their hat in the ring so far have no chance of getting the nomination. They are nothing but cannon fodder. The Party Elites will decide when to trot out the nominee...and who it is...when they are ready, and it won't be anytime soon. Perhaps in the summer. It'll be clear who that is because the media will be all for the person.

In the meantime, the cannon fodder will spout off with their nonsense and that'll keep the Party plebes occupied. The Party Elites won't let them get too far out of hand.

So just be patient, Airyaman. You'll know who to vote for in due time. The media will tell you.

Kamala has said she signs on with the New Green Deal. I will not vote for her because of it.

Cory Booker has said he signs on with the New Green Deal. I will not vote for him because of it.

Amy or Sherrod

If I were a member of the Democratic herd, I wouldn't be all that concerned.

The five or six who have thrown their hat in the ring so far have no chance of getting the nomination. They are nothing but cannon fodder. The Party Elites will decide when to trot out the nominee...and who it is...when they are ready, and it won't be anytime soon. Perhaps in the summer. It'll be clear who that is because the media will be all for the person.

In the meantime, the cannon fodder will spout off with their nonsense and that'll keep the Party plebes occupied. The Party Elites won't let them get too far out of hand.

So just be patient, Airyaman. You'll know who to vote for in due time. The media will tell you.

I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012 and no one in 2016 (all candidates were horse ****).

What media outlets told me to vote that way?

Ah its early days still, the election is 21 months away. Lets not put the cart before the horse.

Ah its early days still, the election is 21 months away. Lets not put the cart before the horse.

Don't tell me, tell the early candidates.

I think what the Democrats are having is a relatively healthy discussion in the public view that will only amplify during the debates. Pelosi and AOC don't actually hate each other. Its similar to what the GOP went through in 2016 but not quite as bad.

I think what the Democrats are having is a relatively healthy discussion in the public view that will only amplify during the debates. Pelosi and AOC don't actually hate each other. Its similar to what the GOP went through in 2016 but not quite as bad.

I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

I don't discount that AOC's ideas are gaining traction among some, but to be honest, I see the AOC crowd as being as strong as the Trump crowd.

A plurality but no where near a majority.

Perhaps that is enough. It was at least once.

I hope not. I've had enough time being led around by the ideas of a plurality of people.

Its your beef not mine. At this point in the game I am paying little attention to who throws their hat in the ring. The NH primary is still a YEAR. away.

To Airyaman and everyone else freaking the **** out over the Green New Deal, which I guarantee you Airyaman HAS NOT READ, only heard about:

Howzabout you inform yourselves by actually reading it.
Then, after you have, ask yourself what you think the odds are that 100% of it will ever pass.
Then, after you've done that, ask yourself if there is ANYTHING in there (again, predicated on the notion that you actually do READ IT) that makes sense to you.
Then finally, ask yourself if THOSE items have a chance at passage, and if so, would you be okay with any of them.

If the answer to the final question is NO, then you clearly were never going to vote for a Democrat anyway.
So why should Democrats come up with someone who is just "a better Trump" anyway?

No thanks.

Yeah.. I have to say Kamala signing on with the green deal, was pretty surprising for me to see.

It's a little early to go for the end game.

Your suggestion is one obviously from a right wing American and not a liberal, so we will start there.

The right is going to do EVERYTHING it can to get the Democrats to commit early, just as you have posted. Why? So Trump can have free reign at them for two full years.

Nope. That's for a dope.

Right now President Liar has a wide field of enemies from within and without and some waiting in the wings for him to show the lightest weakness so to bring him down. These are Republicans we are talking about. And time is on their side. The longer Trump resists congress, the more likely he will lose it again and say something really, really stupid like "I will be proud to shut down the government."

So, waiting is the better option while the sharks circle the meat, maybe the Republicans will do their work for them...it's not like they haven't eaten their young before.

Across the aisle, he has one woman. Not a nice, house wifey Republican woman, but a seasoned pro at the inner workings of government who is dismantling Trump's entire charade piece by ****ing piece. He's losing to her as he comes across as the angry white guy she poses as a responsible mother, admonishing a child. They would be fools to relent now and lay off. Look, the Republicans harassed that political whore Hilary for four ****ing years...you can't possibly think Democrats have forgotten that. You can't possibly think they won't even the score.

It is to the Democrats advantage to maintain course and speed and proceed with authority in its oversight capacity remaining within the confines of the constitution.

Not only is he in decline now, now we are seeing how much Trump benefited from illegal labor. He saved millions by paying Guatemalans less than a third the going wage rate. Thousands of Guatemalans.

Oops. So much for his "rapists and thieves" sermon, he employed them for decades!

Last edited:

Ahem, they are not "candidates".

Not one of the people now campaigning will become the standard bearer, and they all know it. This called "grooming" in American politics where suddenly nobodies emerge behind dramatic headlines. These people are running to enhance their name recognition, that's all.

See my previous post for an explanation of why the Democrats would be stupid to follow your advice.

In my opinion, that right there eliminates two of the best chances the democratic party had in getting a win in. Kamala more so, than Booker.

So you are a denier and don't believe we need to transition from fossil fuels the sooner the better?

So you are a denier and don't believe we need to transition from fossil fuels the sooner the better?

You can still believe in climate change and also realize that the cost of converting to fully renewable in 10 years is in the trillions of dollars which is far too much given the minimal change it would make on a global scale. If we are on a 10 year plan the only realistic measure we could take that would be feasible with the current technology is nuclear, which makes you wonder if the threat of climate change is so serious why isn't there a bigger push for the cleanest and safest energy source available.

I am not a denier, but I also don't live in a fantasy world that the "New Green Deal" was hatched from.

The OP cited specific candidates who seem eager to support far left concepts. It is, of course, far too early to say whether such a far left candidate will become the DNC POTUS option on the 2020 ballot but the point made by the OP was valid.

That (bolded above) is most of the "Green" part but little of the "New Deal" part. Much of the objection centered around the "New Deal" parts and much of that was based on the (now deleted?) FAQ responses not addressed directly by the general wording of the non-binding resolution put forth by AOC.

Actually all anyone needs to do to beat Trump is support America and its values more than him. Democrats should ponder why they have such a void of candidates in that area but that smug nature of theirs will prevent it every time. I advise they continue with the open borders mantra right up until 2020.

Back
Top Bottom