• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats, you are creating room for Donald Trump

So Trump is your standard for accurately characterizing election results?

:rolleyes:
no, he's the person i use to throw it back in the faces of people who claim he barely lost, when according to his own standards, he lost by a landslide.

I blame the MSM. If the MSM had been covering the democrats half as toughly as they have been covering the republicans, the democratic party wouldn't be so embarrassing. Our nation can't survive without a healthy MSM. Right now, our MSM is so partisan that it is NOT healthy...
What do you mean by tough reporting? Because liberal media outlets have certainly been tough on Republicans, but it didn't make them any less of an embarrassment. I think in general conservative media outlets are just as soft on Republicans as liberal media outlets are on Democrats. Neither Democrat or Republican voters are having their ideas challenged by the media outlets they watch, and that is definitely not a good thing.

Here's a thought for our friends on the left. Have you ever stopped to consider that the irrational positions many of your leaders hold:
  • That the current spike in violent crime has nothing to do with the social justice movement's anti-law-enforcement message.
  • That basic voter identification requirements and voting deadlines are the new Jim Crow.
  • That higher taxes on goods and services aren't going to translate into higher prices for those least equipped to pay more.
  • That teaching CRT is no more than teaching about racism.

... are going to create an opportunity for then candidate Donald Trump to craft a set of campaign messages that make sense and appeal to moderates?
It'll be on those that would vote for him, not his detractors. We already know they would vote for him even if he is in prison during the next election. That'll show the libs!

What do you mean by tough reporting? Because liberal media outlets have certainly been tough on Republicans, but it didn't make them any less of an embarrassment. I think in general conservative media outlets are just as soft on Republicans as liberal media outlets are on Democrats. Neither Democrat or Republican voters are having their ideas challenged by the media outlets they watch, and that is definitely not a good thing.

There is only one true conservative media outlet, Fox News. Fox News doesn't count, cause only people who are already conservative watch them. All the others are in the back seat with the democratic party. If the democratic party isn't held to higher standards, we are in trouble. The democrats have been allowed to run free without any real media oversight.

Don't think you've seen the latest polling on voter IDs.
I'm pretty sure I have.

Here's one:

The new laws go far beyond mere "voter ID" requirements. There is significant support to make it easy to vote; a majority supports making vote-by-mail easier; even a majority of Republicans support early voting.

I.e. the idea that Democrat's position on voting rights is somehow a slam dunk for Republicans has no basis whatsoever.

My point stands. It's a mistake to believe Trump cannot win in 2024 if the public's mood has turned against the Democrats.
Your point is your opinion. Noted.

Donald Trump is the Democrat's fault.
Actually, that's 100% true. The DNC forced Hillary through. If it had been Bernie vs Donald, we would have had 4 years of Sanders.

Which if I'm not mistaken also describes the conventional wisdom on the prospects of Trump becoming President shortly after he announced his candidacy in 2015.
In 2015, his criminal activities were personal and pretty private. Today they are not.

"That's how you're supposed to handle these people," Trump told top officials, according to Bender's reporting. "Crack their skulls!" On multiple occasions inside the White House, Trump reportedly suggested shooting protesters. He also told members of his administration that he wanted the military to "beat the f--- out" of the protesters, CNN said, citing Bender's forthcoming book."

This is the guy that independents will flock to?

Here's a thought for our friends on the left. Have you ever stopped to consider that the irrational positions many of your leaders hold:
  • That the current spike in violent crime has nothing to do with the social justice movement's anti-law-enforcement message.
  • That basic voter identification requirements and voting deadlines are the new Jim Crow.
  • That higher taxes on goods and services aren't going to translate into higher prices for those least equipped to pay more.

... are going to create an opportunity for then candidate Donald Trump to craft a set of campaign messages that make sense and appeal to moderates?
Why can't the GOP come up with a better candidate then?

Yep. The Dems are really showing their true colors! While they may think voters are liking those colors, I don't see it that way. I think they are really messing up.
Did you think that before Biden was elected too? How did that work for ya? Trump lied and you bought it hook line and sinker because it’s hard to admit trump lost and you were wrong?
They have emails showing the GOP knew Trump was lying about fraud and winning. Trump is a master at BS. I’m really surprised anyone cant see through him.

After he explains all his indictments and law suits. I doubt he'll have much time for anything but defending himself.

FYI, If voter ID was the only thing the right was pushing now, there wouldn't be a problem with it. I worry more about the right giving the legislators the power to decide an election as opposed to a duly appointed election official.

If all these new and proposed new laws were on the books in 2020, the 8 million more votes Biden got would have been ignored and we'd be stuck with the liar in chief again.

Why can't the GOP come up with a better candidate then?
Agreed. I have asked that a bunch of times. Compared to Trump, Sarah Palin would have been a better choice.

The republican party is a morally corrupt cult of Trump, period. What a bunch of losers.

The radical far-right started taking over the Republican Party with the Tea Party, and then the birther lies and BS..

The only thing the Democrats did 'wrong' then is they elected Obama as their nominee and then president...

That's what the Trumps and the Greens and the rest of the far, far radical right that has taken over the Republican Party is all about..
Dont pretend otherwise...

Obama had a few flaws in their eyes, he was Black and a Democrat and he put mustard on his hamburgers..

Ever since then the GOP have lost their minds..

Donald Trump is the Democrat's fault.
Of course he is. There is no way an unconventional candidate like Trump would have won if the Democrats weren't so far out of touch with reality and people weren't disgusted with politicians in general.,

Of course he is. There is no way an unconventional candidate like Trump would have won if the Democrats weren't so far out of touch with reality and people weren't disgusted with politicians in general.,
And yet he lost the popular vote twice. Try again. Maybe take a deep look at what the GOP and its voters really are.

Yeah, Donald Trump didn't appeal to the darkest part of the Republican party.

Yeah, Donald Trump didn't appeal to the darkest part of the Republican party.
I won't defend registered Republicans who are bad. Bad people in the Democratic Party found Hillary appealing too or they wouldn't have voted for her.
Please respond by saying that there are fewer bad people who are Democrats. That will be fun.

I won't defend registered Republicans who are bad. Bad people in the Democratic Party found Hillary appealing too or they wouldn't have voted for her.
Please respond by saying that there are fewer bad people who are Democrats. That will be fun.
Read this list carefully and remember that Trump's total statistics are not yet added to the list. They're still piling up.

How much fun is it now?

Johnson(D) 5 years in office. 0 indictments. 0 convictions

Nixon (R) 5+ years in office. 76 indictments. 55 convictions.

Ford (R) 2+ years in office. 1 indictment. 1 conviction.

Carter(D) 4 years in office. 1 indictment. 0 convictions

Reagan(R) 8 years in office. 26 indictments. 16 convictions.

Bush Sr. (R) 4 years in office. 1 indictment. 1 conviction

Clinton (D) 8 years in office. 2 indictments. 1 conviction.

Dubya (R) 8 years in office. 16 indictments. 16 convictions.

Obama (D) 8 years in office. 0 indictments 0 convictions.

Trump (R) 3 years in office. 32 indictments, 6 convictions and counting.

TOTALS: Republicans 152 indictments 95 convictions

Democrats 3 indictments 1 conviction

Last edited:
If these stats are accurate then you are correct, they are bad and I'm not having fun at all. I'm always interested in the truth.
I was referring to millions of voters though and not the leadership.

If these stats are accurate then you are correct, they are bad and I'm not having fun at all. I'm always interested in the truth.
I was referring to millions of voters though and not the leadership.
The list is spot on. A google search will reveal these results. Don't look so good for republicans. The party of crime.

I am not sure anyone has a tabulation on R versus D involving citizens. However, the sh** always flows down hill.

If you want to talk about voters, just take a peek at the Jan. 6th insurrection. 530 people arrested and still going. All instigated by a life long criminal, Trump. As I said, the sh** flows downhill.

The list is spot on. A google search will reveal these results. Don't look so good for republicans. The party of crime.

I am not sure anyone has a tabulation on R versus D involving citizens. However, the sh** always flows down hill.
I agreed with you that it doesn't look good with Republican leaders vs Democratic leaders but I bet you are wrong about voters. Look at a national map that breaks down red counties, blue counties, NOT red states, blue states. The county map looks like a population density map, with Democrats in cities and Republicans in the country. Aren't crime rates much higher in cities?

There is only one true conservative media outlet, Fox News. Fox News doesn't count, cause only people who are already conservative watch them. All the others are in the back seat with the democratic party. If the democratic party isn't held to higher standards, we are in trouble. The democrats have been allowed to run free without any real media oversight.
Would you not consider OAN, Newsmax or Breitbart true conservative media outlets? And I'm not disagreeing that Democrats don't have a lot media oversight, but my point was that Republicans don't really have that either, at least none that conservatives pay any attention to. Yes, plenty of liberal media outlets are very critical of Republicans, but those aren't the media outlets conservatives are watching. They're watching Fox, OAN or whatever, and they're giving Republican politicians a free pass just like CNN, MSNBC, etc are giving Democratic politicians a free pass. Maybe if the media was more critical of their own both parties would be in a better state. Or perhaps viewers should just choose their media outlets more wisely or watch both sides to get a more balanced perspective.

Stop watching Fox News and you’ll be fine.

Some of what you are writing is correct but you are mostly reacting to propaganda intended to make the Democratic Party look as bad as possible.

Let’s take crime as an example.

Please look at the actual data:

The Jim Crow talk about changes to voting laws is definitely an exaggeration, and the Democrats should sidestep discussion of voter identification, but some changes are bad. For instance, the changes in some states are intended to give Republicans the power — the Option — to arbitrarily overturn future elections if they want to.

A lot of the stuff about critical race theory only deals with topics discussed at the college level. K-12 schools aren’t getting critical race theory instruction. It doesn’t apply. There isn’t enough time in a school day to discuss it. And assuming that’s the goal, what difference does it make. Instruction and curriculum is locally controlled to a large extent. It’s a non issue. A talking point intended to get high ratings for Hannity and Tucker Carlson.

Back
Top Bottom