• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats, you are creating room for Donald Trump

Here's a thought for our friends on the left. Have you ever stopped to consider that the irrational positions many of your leaders hold:
  • That the current spike in violent crime has nothing to do with the social justice movement's anti-law-enforcement message.
  • That basic voter identification requirements and voting deadlines are the new Jim Crow.
  • That higher taxes on goods and services aren't going to translate into higher prices for those least equipped to pay more.
  • That teaching CRT is no more than teaching about racism.

... are going to create an opportunity for then candidate Donald Trump to craft a set of campaign messages that make sense and appeal to moderates?
You really think that moderates will choose
*a criminal to fight crime?
*promoter of the big lie to solve voting issues?
*someone who clearly puts rich people ahead of the populace in his tax history?
*someone who is personally a racist?

djt will never hold another political office.

What's a moderate in Trump's GOP? Trump wants to primary them all, and he may be successful
That's my point. If the Trumpers win the primaries in those toss up districts and States they will lose as long as the Dems have a moderate, none progressive candidate. There are lots of nonTrumper Republicans the key is can they win primaries against the Trumpers. I think the Wisconsin, Arizona and Pennsylvania Senate nominees will be good test of that.

You really think that moderates will choose
*a criminal to fight crime?
*promoter of the big lie to solve voting issues?
*someone who clearly puts rich people ahead of the populace in his tax history?
*someone who is personally a racist?

djt will never hold another political office.
I don't want Donald Trump as President again, but only a fool would think a man who has won one Presidential election and barely lost another could not win again.

but only a fool would think a man who has won one Presidential election and barely lost another could not win again.
I would agree with you if it had not been for Trump's behaviour after the election. I think that opened the eyes of a lot of Republicans and they won't go there again.

Here's a thought for our friends on the left. Have you ever stopped to consider that the irrational positions many of your leaders hold:
  • That the current spike in violent crime has nothing to do with the social justice movement's anti-law-enforcement message.
No one said "nothing" to do with it------but hardly the over-riding reason............and you are assuming the "anti" message came from the left.....
  • That basic voter identification requirements and voting deadlines are the new Jim Crow.
voter discouragement IS a type of Jim Crow, or can be described that way............
  • That higher taxes on goods and services aren't going to translate into higher prices for those least equipped to pay more.
No one said otherwise
ditto----no one said otherwise

^^^ typical grab-bag of nonsense.
Rather an ironic comment given that the premise of your thread is a grab bag of nonsense. I am struggling to even understand how you may have thought that straw man argument was a winner.

I would agree with you if it had not been for Trump's behaviour after the election. I think that opened the eyes of a lot of Republicans and they won't go there again.
I think that is the strongest argument for believing Trump doesn't stand a chance in 2024 no matter what the Democrats do. Wish I could believe it, but I think people have short memories.

Rather an ironic comment given that the premise of your thread is a grab bag of nonsense. I am struggling to even understand how you may have thought that straw man argument was a winner.
Your struggles are not my problem.

I don't want Donald Trump as President again, but only a fool would think a man who has won one Presidential election and barely lost another could not win again.
6 million popular votes and 306 Electoral College votes is not barely.

Probably, I'm not convinced of her competence at the highest office. I mean, pretty much anything was better than Trump, but I'd rather we get someone good rather than "slightly better than the other guy".

Biden isn't going to be strong. Sure, he could beat Trump, but the Dems left the door wide open for 2024 with that one. If they go with anyone other than Trump, they can stand a good chance of beating Biden.

He did get, and got in relatively short order:

- A massive final COVID stimulus;
- A deal on 'hard infrastructure' set to pass; and
- The Democrats moving on working on just how much more infrastructure/etc to push for.

Then there are all the other policy initiatives that were promised, ie, a serious vaccine distribution machine whose only main sticking point are dipshit anti-vaxxers and COVID-truthing Trumpers.

I'd say he is being stronger out of the gate than many (myself included) expected, and that it's a bit too early to predict an appearance of weakness by the end of his term. Most Americans aren't going to care about his gaffes if the Democrats deliver on a bunch of things that genuinely improve American life....

Agree, a sensible moderate will be in best position. That's why sleepy Joe won. A Trump run in 2024 will give sleepy a second term. The Reps need to rid themselves of trump.
Not a problem. They will.

My point stands. It's a mistake to believe Trump cannot win in 2024 if the public's mood has turned against the Democrats.
True, and when ifs and buts are candy and nuts we'll all have a Merry Christmas...

... are going to create an opportunity for then candidate Donald Trump to craft a set of campaign messages that make sense and appeal to moderates?
Yeah, you're a fox news watcher alright. Here's a though for you and your buddies on the right. You can't lie that the vote has been stolen and expect to be taken seriously.

Under Trump’s ‘best of all time’ leadership: did the number of illegal immigrants inside the US go down, did the national crime rate go down or did the national debt and/or federal deficit go down?
Not sure the actual number of "illegal immigrants", immigration did continue to rise under Trump, we did detain a lot more folk, including children than before. The crime rate continued it's decades long trend of falling, I think violent crime upticked a bit at the end of his term. Debt/Deficit increased under Trump. He spent quite a bit, and things like his failed China Trade War cost us a lot of money.

Only in so much that the Dems had first put up Hillary and Hillary was so terrible a candidate that she couldn't even beat Trump.
I disagree that Clinton couldn’t beat Trump.

Fact is, Clinton didn’t work as hard as to earn votes as Trump. She didn’t campaign in as many places as Trump, didn’t reach out to working class Americans in the heartlands, didn’t do as many interviews, alienated potential voters, etc..

She foolishly assumed an easy win over an opponent who was only slightly more unpopular than herself and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

True, and when ifs and buts are candy and nuts we'll all have a Merry Christmas...
Which if I'm not mistaken also describes the conventional wisdom on the prospects of Trump becoming President shortly after he announced his candidacy in 2015.

^^^ school yard nonsense.
Awww.. your insults are really causing me shame :)

Hey, how's that Durham report coming? You're about to blow the whole, "deep state" open I hear.. LOL.. you are so adorable :)

Awww.. your insults are really causing me shame :)

Hey, how's that Durham report coming? You're about to blow the whole, "deep state" open I hear.. LOL.. you are so adorable :)
You don't even know whom you're talking to.

He did get, and got in relatively short order:

- A massive final COVID stimulus;
- A deal on 'hard infrastructure' set to pass; and
- The Democrats moving on working on just how much more infrastructure/etc to push for.

Then there are all the other policy initiatives that were promised, ie, a serious vaccine distribution machine whose only main sticking point are dipshit anti-vaxxers and COVID-truthing Trumpers.

I'd say he is being stronger out of the gate than many (myself included) expected, and that it's a bit too early to predict an appearance of weakness by the end of his term. Most Americans aren't going to care about his gaffes if the Democrats deliver on a bunch of things that genuinely improve American life....
If he gets a solid infrastructure bill passed and those plans get people working on roads, bridges and rails, ect, I will be more than pleased with what he was able to do in his term.

Partisanship is blind, especially when it comes to the left. Every time their policies fail they believe it is because they didn't go far enough.

What's your definition of 'barely lost'? He lost the popular vote in 2016.. And even though he said he won the EC in 2016 by a 'landslide' the EC in 2020 was about the same...

Back
Top Bottom