• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats, you are creating room for Donald Trump

NatMorton

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Here's a thought for our friends on the left. Have you ever stopped to consider that the irrational positions many of your leaders hold:
  • That the current spike in violent crime has nothing to do with the social justice movement's anti-law-enforcement message.
  • That basic voter identification requirements and voting deadlines are the new Jim Crow.
  • That higher taxes on goods and services aren't going to translate into higher prices for those least equipped to pay more.
  • That teaching CRT is no more than teaching about racism.

... are going to create an opportunity for then candidate Donald Trump to craft a set of campaign messages that make sense and appeal to moderates?

The demorats do not choose the republicant’s POTUS nominee. Trump could not beat “Sleepy Joe” who campaigned largely from his home, therefore the republicants would be foolish to run Trump again.

Here's a thought for our friends on the left. Have you ever stopped to consider that the irrational positions many of your leaders hold:
  • That the current spike in violent crime has nothing to do with the social justice movement's anti-law-enforcement message.
  • That basic voter identification requirements and voting deadlines are the new Jim Crow.
  • That higher taxes on goods and services aren't going to translate into higher prices for those least equipped to pay more.

... are going to create an opportunity for then candidate Donald Trump to craft a set of campaign messages that make sense and appeal to moderates?
Donald Trump isn’t a moderate. His politics and personal views are far/alt right. Even if members of his staff crafted moderate messages to appeal to a broader range of Americans, Trump would almost certainly refuse to cooperate and even if he did agree, he would very quickly go off script, returning to repeating his Big Lie and divisive, anti American rhetoric.

I tend to agree (not necessarily about Trump but in general), but this is the norm for the Democrats. They simply cannot get out of their own way when it comes to catering to a base. The center is where things are won. Whomever recognizes that will usually win.

• That the current spike in violent crime has nothing to do with the social justice movement's anti-law-enforcement message.=
Have you ever stopped to consider how unimaginably stupid it is to suppose that there is anyone out there for whom the dividing line between "do I commit this murder" and "do I not commit this murder" is "what is the projected funding level for the local PD next year"?

:ROFLMAO:

Apparently not. Pro-tip: it was unimaginably stupid of you to do that.

At any rate, congratulations on creating at least one thread whose sole purpose is not to push racism.

Shame you stumbled into advocating for voter suppression aimed at a predominantly black/democrat voters.

Democrats, in their failing and flailing attempt to be normal have opened the door wide open. It won't be Trump, but Trump-like. Maybe DeSantis or someone not yet on the scene.

Yep, and Kamala Harris would likely have been even worse.
Probably, I'm not convinced of her competence at the highest office. I mean, pretty much anything was better than Trump, but I'd rather we get someone good rather than "slightly better than the other guy".

Biden isn't going to be strong. Sure, he could beat Trump, but the Dems left the door wide open for 2024 with that one. If they go with anyone other than Trump, they can stand a good chance of beating Biden.

I blame the MSM. If the MSM had been covering the democrats half as toughly as they have been covering the republicans, the democratic party wouldn't be so embarrassing. Our nation can't survive without a healthy MSM. Right now, our MSM is so partisan that it is NOT healthy...

Here's a thought for our friends on the left.
Here we go

Have you ever stopped to consider that the irrational positions many of your leaders hold:
That's because... It doesn't.

First, violent crime rates actually FELL in 2020. What rose are a handful of specific crimes, like homicide -- and they didn't rise all that much. In fact, crime rates are still near historic lows. And of course, all those "social justice Democrats" were in charge of those cities when crime rates fell in the 90s and 00s.

US National Homicide Rate By Year.png

Second, homicide rates rising everywhere, including cities and states that aren't on the SWJ/BLM bandwagon. Funny how that works, huh? Seems like a pretty strong suggestion that the issue isn't a result of policies, but of a broader systemic issue.

Third, since I guess they didn't talk about it on Fake Fox News, Democrats are taking the "rise" in crime seriously. IMO it's just security theater, but yes, they're actually talking about how to deal with it.

Fourth, I find it both hilarious and bizarre that so many of the states where crime is "rising" have Republican governors and Republican-majority legislatures. I'm curious, why can't they do anything about rising crime rates? Surely you don't believe that mayors are more powerful than governors. :unsure:

:rolleyes:

There is almost no voter fraud in the US. Almost none of the proposed or passed changes in any way, shape or form reduce fraud. It's obvious they're just trying to disenfranchise minorities and/or poor people.

That's probably why more Americans are more concerned about access to the polls than they are about voter fraud.

The Big Lie may be catnip to the Trumpazoids, but it has little appeal to anyone else in the US.

lol

When Trump gave corporations a massive tax cut, did they reduce their prices? NO. Prices went up last year anyway.

The reality is that the overwhelming majority of Americans WANT to tax corporations and the wealthy more than they are now.

lol... Well, you sort of got that one right.

The actual "Critical Race Theory" is an obscure legal theory, a framework to examine how many laws in the US were profoundly influenced by racism (both in intention and outcomes).

That said, it is obvious that what conservatives oppose now is "teaching kids anything about racism." The fact that most of those who oppose CRT can't define CRT makes it clear that they don't want kids to learn about the history of racism in America.

LOL

Hello? I hate to break this to you, but there is no way Trump is going to appeal to moderates. That ship sailed a long time ago.

And just because a bunch of right-wingnuts think that anyone to the left of Tucker Carlson are Marxist-Leninist radicals intent on turning the US into Panem doesn't mean most of the US shares that view.

I tend to agree (not necessarily about Trump but in general), but this is the norm for the Democrats. They simply cannot get out of their own way when it comes to catering to a base. The center is where things are won. Whomever recognizes that will usually win.
Agree, a sensible moderate will be in best position. That's why sleepy Joe won. A Trump run in 2024 will give sleepy a second term. The Reps need to rid themselves of trump.

The only thing creating room for Donald Trump is the hidebound ignorance and abject stupidity of Trump worshippers.
And since they are now officially a suicide cult, no sympathy here remains.

They Clapped for Death at CPAC

Jesus H. Christ. Put any other common-sense measure in place of vaccination. Pretend this guy is up there boasting about how many more people are disregarding drunk-driving laws these days, and think about what that applause would mean. Celebrating low vaccination rates is actually worse, more selfish and less responsible; drunk drivers kill people, but they don't spread their high BAC level to the other drivers on the road and send them off to kill more people.

Probably, I'm not convinced of her competence at the highest office. I mean, pretty much anything was better than Trump, but I'd rather we get someone good rather than "slightly better than the other guy".

Biden isn't going to be strong. Sure, he could beat Trump, but the Dems left the door wide open for 2024 with that one. If they go with anyone other than Trump, they can stand a good chance of beating Biden.

Under Trump’s ‘best of all time’ leadership: did the number of illegal immigrants inside the US go down, did the national crime rate go down or did the national debt and/or federal deficit go down?

I dunno, it seems there may be a shift away from the further left to the middle left. As much as the GOP want to paint Biden as far left he is anything but and seems to be sticking to a middle left track. A lot will depend on the infrastructure bill. If Biden can pull off a bipartisan compromise on hard infrastructure I think that will strengthen the moderates in both parties. The 2022 primaries will tell the story of which elements in the parties have the stronger position and will matter big time in many toss up districts and States. I don't think progressives or Trumpers will carry those House and Senate seats.......but hey it's early days.

I dunno, it seems there may be a shift away from the further left to the middle left. As much as the GOP want to paint Biden as far left he is anything but and seems to be sticking to a middle left track. A lot will depend on the infrastructure bill. If Biden can pull off a bipartisan compromise on hard infrastructure I think that will strengthen the moderates in both parties. The 2022 primaries will tell the story of which elements in the parties have the stronger position and will matter big time in many toss up districts and States. I don't think progressives or Trumpers will carry those House and Senate seats.......but hey it's early days.

The Republican voter base won't accept a "moderate" as their nominee in 2024. If it's not Trump, it's Trump wannabe in DeSantis, or someone else in that mold. Absolutely not a chance in hell the GOP base nominates a Charlie Baker type or Larry Hogan in 2024.

Who do the Republicans have honestly? DeSantis? He's Trump, but younger and with a higher IQ. And without Trump's endorsement or Trump campaigning for him, he has ZERO chance at winning the GOP nomination otherwise. Christ, look at the CPAC poll results. It's either Trump, or a Trump clone in 2024. That's what the GOP voter base wants.

The Republican voter base won't accept a "moderate" as their nominee in 2024. If it's not Trump, it's Trump wannabe in DeSantis, or someone else in that mold. Absolutely not a chance in hell the GOP base nominates a Charlie Baker type or Larry Hogan in 2024.
Agree. My musings are more about the House and Senate seats that may be flippable in 2022. I think they will to go to more moderate candidates not Trumpers or Progressives.

Have you ever stopped to consider how unimaginably stupid it is to suppose that there is anyone out there for whom the dividing line between "do I commit this murder" and "do I not commit this murder" is "what is the projected funding level for the local PD next year"?

:ROFLMAO:

Apparently not. Pro-tip: it was unimaginably stupid of you to do that.

At any rate, congratulations on creating at least one thread whose sole purpose is not to push racism.

Shame you stumbled into advocating for voter suppression aimed at a predominantly black/democrat voters.
^^^ typical grab-bag of nonsense.

Here we go

That's because... It doesn't.

First, violent crime rates actually FELL in 2020. What rose are a handful of specific crimes, like homicide -- and they didn't rise all that much. In fact, crime rates are still near historic lows. And of course, all those "social justice Democrats" were in charge of those cities when crime rates fell in the 90s and 00s.

View attachment 67342654

Second, homicide rates rising everywhere, including cities and states that aren't on the SWJ/BLM bandwagon. Funny how that works, huh? Seems like a pretty strong suggestion that the issue isn't a result of policies, but of a broader systemic issue.

Third, since I guess they didn't talk about it on Fake Fox News, Democrats are taking the "rise" in crime seriously. IMO it's just security theater, but yes, they're actually talking about how to deal with it.

Fourth, I find it both hilarious and bizarre that so many of the states where crime is "rising" have Republican governors and Republican-majority legislatures. I'm curious, why can't they do anything about rising crime rates? Surely you don't believe that mayors are more powerful than governors. :unsure:

:rolleyes:

There is almost no voter fraud in the US. Almost none of the proposed or passed changes in any way, shape or form reduce fraud. It's obvious they're just trying to disenfranchise minorities and/or poor people.

That's probably why more Americans are more concerned about access to the polls than they are about voter fraud.

The Big Lie may be catnip to the Trumpazoids, but it has little appeal to anyone else in the US.

lol

When Trump gave corporations a massive tax cut, did they reduce their prices? NO. Prices went up last year anyway.

The reality is that the overwhelming majority of Americans WANT to tax corporations and the wealthy more than they are now.

lol... Well, you sort of got that one right.

The actual "Critical Race Theory" is an obscure legal theory, a framework to examine how many laws in the US were profoundly influenced by racism (both in intention and outcomes).

That said, it is obvious that what conservatives oppose now is "teaching kids anything about racism." The fact that most of those who oppose CRT can't define CRT makes it clear that they don't want kids to learn about the history of racism in America.

LOL

Hello? I hate to break this to you, but there is no way Trump is going to appeal to moderates. That ship sailed a long time ago.

And just because a bunch of right-wingnuts think that anyone to the left of Tucker Carlson are Marxist-Leninist radicals intent on turning the US into Panem doesn't mean most of the US shares that view.
TLDR.

Agree. My musings are more about the House and Senate seats that may be flippable in 2022. I think they will to go to more moderate candidates not Trumpers or Progressives.

What's a moderate in Trump's GOP? Trump wants to primary them all, and he may be successful.

The only thing creating room for Donald Trump is the hidebound ignorance and abject stupidity of Trump worshippers.
And since they are now officially a suicide cult, no sympathy here remains.

They Clapped for Death at CPAC

Jesus H. Christ. Put any other common-sense measure in place of vaccination. Pretend this guy is up there boasting about how many more people are disregarding drunk-driving laws these days, and think about what that applause would mean. Celebrating low vaccination rates is actually worse, more selfish and less responsible; drunk drivers kill people, but they don't spread their high BAC level to the other drivers on the road and send them off to kill more people.

Um, you almost lost to him in 2020, too.

Back
Top Bottom