• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats will destroy Trump for Pence Pick

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I am not so sure Trump has an inkling of an idea how infuriated he just made the Democrat Party. To the Democrats Pence is about as far right as you can go. Trump has made himself vulnerable by picking Pence. If nothing has worked so far in their albeit lame attempts at attack. I think now, Pence will be all the ammo they need. Enjoy your polls now Trump... They won't last.

PS. I am not so sure how Pence will do against the Clinton Political Network. He seems like a nice guy but he's going to get thrown in the mud.

I am not so sure Trump has an inkling of an idea how infuriated he just made the Democrat Party. To the Democrats Pence is about as far right as you can go. Trump has made himself vulnerable by picking Pence. If nothing has worked so far in their albeit lame attempts at attack. I think now, Pence will be all the ammo they need. Enjoy your polls now Trump... They won't last.

Yeah, because if he'd picked someone else, they WOULDNT want to destroy him.

:shoot

Actually I think both Newt and Christie would have fared much better in the coming onslaught. They can take a few punches. Newt has a fierce reputation when it comes to that and Christie still has a recognizable staying power even after Bridgegate. Has Pence even had to deal with the "liberal" media out in Indiana??? I don't think so.

Actually I think both Newt and Christie would have fared much better in the coming onslaught. They can take a few punches. Newt has a fierce reputation when it comes to that and Christie still has a recognizable staying power even after Bridgegate. Has Pence even had to deal with the "liberal" media out in Indiana??? I don't think so.

He's going to have to deal with his pro-free trade history now. There is no bigger cheerleader for TPP than Pence...at least before today. His ties to the Koch empire are also quite in discord with Trumps rhetoric. But Pence knew he would lose his Governorship anyway and fall into oblivion so why not go out with a bang. He might even get a reality show out of it like Palin did.

He's going to have to deal with his pro-free trade history now. There is no bigger cheerleader for TPP than Pence...at least before today. His ties to the Koch empire are also quite in discord with Trumps rhetoric. But Pence knew he would lose his Governorship anyway and fall into oblivion so why not go out with a bang. He might even get a reality show out of it like Palin did.

That's a good point. I am not so sure what pence's positions are, frankly because I do not care. But if that is what you say, then those things will not fare well with the Trump base. Now will he be considered a sell-out by them? No, probably not. Because Pence has been willing to attach himself to the ticket. Trumpets like him. It's that simple.

That's a good point. I am not so sure what pence's positions are, frankly because I do not care. But if that is what you say, then those things will not fare well with the Trump base. Now will he be considered a sell-out by them? No, probably not. Because Pence has been willing to attach himself to the ticket. Trumpets like him. It's that simple.

Pence is an Old Testament Evangelical, a Free Trader, and other than only part of the 1st Amendment, doesn't believe that the Constitution comes before the Bible in our system of law. He says, with pride, every time he gets a chance that he is "a Christian and a Conservative Republican, in that order." Both of which tell you that he believes the US government should be a sectarian government ruled by Evangelical Christian Bible interpretations and outcomes of the law.

PS. I am not so sure how Pence will do against the Clinton Political Network. He seems like a nice guy but he's going to get thrown in the mud.

Pence is about the least vulnerable to attack of the people who supposedly where in the running for the spot. Gingrich and Christie where target rich environments, where as Pence, the most you can really say is he is very conservative, which will really only work particularly well on people who already are unlikely to vote Trump.

Picking Pence was not about making the demorats happy (less mad?) or attracting more independents - it was about keeping more conservatives from not voting, donating or attending the convention at all. He had to offer at least some hope for other "down ticket" republicants. Newt and Christie will still make plenty of good noises about Trump and bad noises about Hillary.

Picking Pence was not about making the demorats happy (less mad?) or attracting more independents - it was about keeping more conservatives from not voting, donating or attending the convention at all. He had to offer at least some hope for other "down ticket" republicants. Newt and Christie will still make plenty of good noises about Trump and bad noises about Hillary.

This. I think it was because the Republican base is largely evangelical and Trump is anything but christian. With Pence he gets the evangelicals who were on the fence about supporting him to feel a lot better about swallowing the pill. I think he's got the Republican base on lock.

Oh, it's certain the Democrats will TRY to destroy Trump through Pence. Succeeding to do so is another matter.

Personally, I don't think they'll do much damage.

Given that Pence is the wet dream candidate for the GOP to be president, it makes me wonder if Trump wins the office, if he will suddenly "need" to resign for some previously "unforeseen" reason.

Given that Pence is the wet dream candidate for the GOP to be president, it makes me wonder if Trump wins the office, if he will suddenly "need" to resign for some previously "unforeseen" reason.

Nothing wrong with that! :mrgreen:

I'm not sure he made them "infuriated" at all. I bet he made most of them laugh since this move is a wash or increases his chances of losing.

They would have thrown political knives at anyone Trump or any other republican would have added to the ticket. What is actually driving the democrats mad regarding Pence is that they cannot effectively throw mud at him. he is squeaky clean. they were actually hoping he would pick Gingrich. They were locked and ready for him. Their complaint that Pence is ahem....conservative is just amusing as hell.

I'm not sure he made them "infuriated" at all. I bet he made most of them laugh since this move is a wash or increases his chances of losing.

I think it actually made them lose bodily function control. The democrats are not amused. They are scared.

I think it actually made them lose bodily function control. The democrats are not amused. They are scared.

??why . . of course I don't know every dem but the ones I know are all confused by it. They feel it's almost like he wants to lose. The two hilry fans I know, and they are real hilary fans not just anti trump people were excited and think it's going to be an even bigger landslide. As for people on the right I know most of them just roll their eyes and are like "yeah great pick" with sarcasm. That's certainly I how I feel about it. I think it's a horrible pick. You know lefties that are "scared" of this pick? why? are there any here can you point them out and their concerns I'd find that very interesting.

Because Trump hasn't make the Democrats furious already in his own right? :confused:

I mean, like they haven't been trying to tear him down, using every trick in the book (to include lying)? I mean, seriously, Pence is nothing compared to what Trump has already done.

I don't know why you think this. He's a good person, with little baggage and conservative street cred. So far, the Best Hillary can come up with is that He's against Planned Parenthood and comprehensive immigration reform.

So you made this thread without even knowing what his positions are, what his history is, and you don't even care? That totally makes sense...do you get paid to make posts like this?

??why . . of course I don't know every dem but the ones I know are all confused by it. They feel it's almost like he wants to lose. The two hilry fans I know, and they are real hilary fans not just anti trump people were excited and think it's going to be an even bigger landslide. As for people on the right I know most of them just roll their eyes and are like "yeah great pick" with sarcasm. That's certainly I how I feel about it. I think it's a horrible pick. You know lefties that are "scared" of this pick? why? are there any here can you point them out and their concerns I'd find that very interesting.

I am not talking about lefties on this forum. I am talking about the democrat party establishment in general. The democrats are always butt hurt when a GOP nominee adds an actual conservative to the ticket. They were just as butt hurt when Bush added Dick Cheney. They perfectly understand that a conservative pick draws conservative voters in November. In any case, the concept that a republican nominee should avoid appointing a real conservative out of fear of democrat anger is laughable.

Pence is about the least vulnerable to attack of the people who supposedly where in the running for the spot. Gingrich and Christie where target rich environments, where as Pence, the most you can really say is he is very conservative, which will really only work particularly well on people who already are unlikely to vote Trump.
Christie was pretty vulnerable. I dont think Gingrich was too much at risk. His 'baggage' would probably be in the relationship category, and that, like the 'war on women' rhetoric, is just going to be a loser where Hillary is concerned.

I am not talking about lefties on this forum. I am talking about the democrat party establishment in general. The democrats are always butt hurt when a GOP nominee adds an actual conservative to the ticket. They were just as butt hurt when Bush added Dick Cheney. They perfectly understand that a conservative pick draws conservative voters in November. In any case, the concept that a republican nominee should avoid appointing a real conservative out of fear of democrat anger is laughable.

Oh so you don't actually know anybody who is afraid of this pick you just said it as a statement. Anyway I don't find Pence to be representative of conservatives, there's plenty of us that don't like him.He is a conservative and that's about it. I actually find him repulsive and so do many others but to each there own. But back on your topic, I doubt there is any real fear over this pick at all.

So you made this thread without even knowing what his positions are, what his history is, and you don't even care? That totally makes sense...do you get paid to make posts like this?

I don't care about Pence because anybody who attaches themselves to a Trump ticket is dead to me! Nobody paid me to post that. I would have been happier with a Trump/Trump ticket, at least then his entire family could have gone down in flames!

well perhaps, but they never like conservative picks. Even if they thought Sarah Palin was a loser, and she is, they still were infuriated by her. Though I think Pence might handle being in the spotlight a bit better than Palin did. I don't know who'd want to watch Mike Pence reality show.

well perhaps, but they never like conservative picks. Even if they thought Sarah Palin was a loser, and she is, they still were infuriated by her. Though I think Pence might handle being in the spotlight a bit better than Palin did. I don't know who'd want to watch Mike Pence reality show.

Well one party not liking a pick of another party especially one that fits stereotypes is typically never liked. That's nothign new but in the case where it doesn't help or probably hurts it seems most like it. I was upset over Palin too. The pick upset me because how dumb it it was, she hurt the campaign and she shouldn't be anywhere near the white house. Yeah the left loved to clown on her but so did the right and in many cases she brought it on herself. I agree stereotypical politicians cause emotions both inside and outside the party that's for sure but I don't see anybody fearing this pick. I find it sad that this is what we have for this election. The same old **** sandwich on one side and a brand new **** sandwich on the other with extra **** and 10 unknown ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom