• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats: What are Biden's faults?

What are Biden's flaws?

• Total voters
A user suggested that Democrats make this kind of post about Biden, so I did.

My problem with Biden is related to "he's too old," because you saw Obama come out and say "if they found out I had a bank account in China, they'd have called me Beijing Barry." That's not only a great line, it's 100% true. Biden could slaughter Trump but he's playing the high road. Which is a fallacy - calling a con man a con man isn't a low blow. Call him a con man. When he says "I'm not a politician," say "you're the President. If you're not a politician, take your name off the ballot." Say "if you're going to protect people with pre-existing conditions, withdraw your fight in the supreme court to end people with pre-existing conditions." Slam the guy, don't just roll your eyes. You can be civil and present the facts.

I don't really care. Flip the senate. That's what I care most about. I'd rather see McConnell lose than Trump.

My problem with Biden is related to "he's too old," because you saw Obama come out and say "if they found out I had a bank account in China, they'd have called me Beijing Barry." That's not only a great line, it's 100% true. Biden could slaughter Trump but he's playing the high road. Which is a fallacy - calling a con man a con man isn't a low blow. Call him a con man. When he says "I'm not a politician," say "you're the President. If you're not a politician, take your name off the ballot." Say "if you're going to protect people with pre-existing conditions, withdraw your fight in the supreme court to end people with pre-existing conditions." Slam the guy, don't just roll your eyes. You can be civil and present the facts.

I don't really care. Flip the senate. That's what I care most about. I'd rather see McConnell lose than Trump.
I don't enjoy watching him play it safe either, but I hope his strategists knew what they are doing when they prepped him for debates and told him how to act.

That is one of Biden's great assets. Nobody dislikes, distrusts or is scared of him having a Senate majority, enough to intentionally split their ticket to deprive good ol moderate decent centrist Joe of a working majority. A lot of republican Senators would be trying to sell themselves as the only hope to keep those pinko commie leftists from railroading the country. 'Go ahead and fire Trump if you want, but don't leave Sanders, or Warren, or Buttigieg etc with Pelosi and Schumer to turn America into a marxist haven' Its an argument that would have had leverage with seniors, hispanics, independents, never trumpers, and moderates. Biden just does not scare people. They are comfortable with him, they like him and they know him. That's just not how they feel about Moscow Mitch anymore and so many other GOP senators that were willing to vote to dismantle Obamacare without a replacement, salivating about having a right wing court to repeal Roe, pushing a tax breaks for the 1% and corporations, and enabling Trump to suck up to foreign dictators.

A user suggested that Democrats make this kind of post about Biden, so I did.
I chose:

- Gaff prone
- Has his flaws but acceptable.

Is he the best that could have run? No the "best" would have been someone like Michelle Obama or if you're a conservative, someone like Steve Schmidt. But who we've got is Biden and the Mango Menace Dumpster Fire.

I'd love it that if all we had to worry about were a few harmless gaffs instead of a constant barrage of lies and hate-filled rhetoric!

Biden is a poor uninspiring speaker, He is not a real analytical thinker. He says the most cringeworthy things. He is way too 'handsy' for this day and age, and too trusting of republicans. As for policy, he's just not as progressive as I'd like on economic issues . He never takes the bold risk - even if it may be worth it.

None of this comes close to being a deal-breaker for me. If the GOP wanted Dems to set a higher standard with their nominee, then republicans should have set ANY standard on their own choice. Trump is the mold on worm feces. I literally can not imagine a Dem alive that I would not vote for over Trump. Might have been a tough call if it had been crack addict/tax cheat/ homophobe enabler former mayor of Washington DC, Marion Barry. I would have to think about it at least.

If the GOP wanted Dems to set a higher standard with their nominee, then republicans should have set ANY standard on their own choice.

Hey look, it's undeniable truth captured in a few words. Well said.

I voted for Joe Biden. I have always liked him. Nevertheless, I do not like the way he apologized for opposing forced school busing in 1973. I do not like the way he has walked away from his support for the The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act that President Clinton signed in 1994.

The increase in the prison population is one of the few social experiments in the United States that has actually worked. The prison population was reduced during the 1960's. The crime rate doubled during that decade. Since 1980 the prison population has tripled. The crime rate has declined by one third. America needs more, longer, and harsher prison sentences. The way to fight crime is not to fight poverty; it is to fight criminals.

I'm not a Democrat but it's the only party I have ever voted for. Biden is like the quintessential old school Democrat. He supported the war on drugs, tough on crime laws and other disastrous policies. I think he even supported the war in Iraq. Does he still not support legalized weed? We have people like Bernie that have pretty much always been on the right side of history yet we choose a guy like this? He's just a big, ugly reminder that real progressives are like unicorns in the Democrat party and the electorate doesn't seem to even care that much. Seeing the Democrats offer Biden is more disappointing to me than a Donald Trump presidency. I don't care about their people; they're always going to be shit. Would we have been better with that psychopath Cruz? What I am tired of is bullshit left wing candidates.

If the GOP wanted Dems to set a higher standard with their nominee, then republicans should have set ANY standard on their own choice.

**** that dude. I thought being better was the point. We do it for us; not for them. We should not measure ourselves by their standard. If we're waiting for them to do better before we do better then this is hopeless.

Last edited:
Biden came of political age when working across the aisle was a thing. It can be frustrating watching him be slow to adopt popular progressivist policies, but the fact of the matter is that he's a center that moves with the overall flow of the progressivist sentiment as a whole. That's far better than nothing.

Eight years ago you never would have seen him promise 3 trillion to fight global warming, decriminalize marijuana, agree to overturn the filibuster or come on board with court reform, but he is moving. He is not, say, the kind of blue dog democrat that made universal health care impossible in 2009.

I chose:

- Gaff prone

Is he the best that could have run? No the "best" would have been someone like Michelle Obama or if you're a conservative, someone like Steve Schmidt. But who we've got is Biden and the Mango Menace Dumpster Fire.

I'd love it that if all we had to worry about were a few harmless gaffs instead of a constant barrage of lies and hate-filled rhetoric!

If you're looking for evidence that DP doesn't reflect America as a whole, I think our collective attitude about Biden is it. I don't know anybody here who preferred Biden, but the fact of the matter is that left-of-center America unambiguously chose him from the start of the Democratic Primaries. We wanted exciting progress, and America just wanted to breathe.

Nice try, Trump campaign.

If you're looking for evidence that DP doesn't reflect America as a whole, I think our collective attitude about Biden is it. I don't know anybody here who preferred Biden, but the fact of the matter is that left-of-center America unambiguously chose him from the start of the Democratic Primaries. We wanted exciting progress, and America just wanted to breathe.
Hear, hear! I've never longed a boring news week as much as I do now!

That is one of Biden's great assets. Nobody dislikes, distrusts or is scared of him having a Senate majority, enough to intentionally split their ticket to deprive good ol moderate decent centrist Joe of a working majority. A lot of republican Senators would be trying to sell themselves as the only hope to keep those pinko commie leftists from railroading the country. 'Go ahead and fire Trump if you want, but don't leave Sanders, or Warren, or Buttigieg etc with Pelosi and Schumer to turn America into a marxist haven' Its an argument that would have had leverage with seniors, hispanics, independents, never trumpers, and moderates. Biden just does not scare people. They are comfortable with him, they like him and they know him. That's just not how they feel about Moscow Mitch anymore and so many other GOP senators that were willing to vote to dismantle Obamacare without a replacement, salivating about having a right wing court to repeal Roe, pushing a tax breaks for the 1% and corporations, and enabling Trump to suck up to foreign dictators.

It would be silly to argue about this because we obviously support the same policies and candidates, but in my state they're still successfully selling themselves as the only hope to keep the "pinko commie leftists" from railroading the country. They were ready for Sanders to win, and took their talking points intended for his nomination and used them by adding the "puppets pulling the string" controversy. The idea that AOC and a small group of freshmen members of the house - not even the senate - control the party for some reason. This guy in Minnesota, Jason Lewis, is a full on QAnon embracing, Biden-crime-family-conspiracy selling, fear mongering piece of human garbage. He's tied with his opponent, which wouldn't be the case if Franken hadn't been railroaded out, and like a lot of other Senators he might win because of the very talking points you credit Biden with being immune from taking heat for.

But I half agree with you. I don't think Biden scares moderates, independents, etc. and the proof of that is in the polling. But I don't know that he's appealing to them enough for people to get out and vote. The actual major players for the DNC are banking on a wave of people voting to void this country of a man who is unquestionably the worst President in history. To do that while avoiding pinko-commie fear perhaps they picked the correct candidate, but to do that while exciting the American people about change? Hard to say.

**** that dude. I thought being better was the point. We do it for us; not for them. We should not measure ourselves by their standard. If we're waiting for them to do better before we do better then this is hopeless.
I think you may have misconstrued it. I thought I was clear that I believe that Biden was better than Trump - by a mile as a candidate, a person and as a president. He was not my first second or third choice by any criteria. But mine were not gaining traction, and it was a Sanders freight train coming down those tracks. Once we headed down South, Black Americans, moderates, and rural Dems said a big fat no thanks to Bernie, Pete, Amy, Bloomburg and Warren. They may have been right. Picking someone who is' better' than Trump and Biden, whether a little better or a lot better, but will more likely lose to Trump, and or drag down chances at winning the Senate and retaining the House, is just not worth the risk. certainly not this time around and not with this race.

Democrats made it very clear in poll after poll that 'electability' was their single greatest concern as they went to the polls. That means that Dems will endeavor to prioritize the candidate most likely to beat Trump. Now I am sorry if you have different priorities, but if Biden wins, he has already accomplished the goal his party most desperately wanted even before he gets sworn in. I completely share that priority. We want Trump out!!!

Last edited:
Biden came of political age when working across the aisle was a thing. It can be frustrating watching him be slow to adopt popular progressivist policies, but the fact of the matter is that he's a center that moves with the overall flow of the progressivist sentiment as a whole. That's far better than nothing.

Eight years ago you never would have seen him promise 3 trillion to fight global warming, decriminalize marijuana, agree to overturn the filibuster or come on board with court reform, but he is moving. He is not, say, the kind of blue dog democrat that made universal health care impossible in 2009.

(y)

(y)(y)

I don't enjoy watching him play it safe either, but I hope his strategists knew what they are doing when they prepped him for debates and told him how to act.
I think they did... He cannot start off being a mud slinger ....

The Bible has a great parable to relate to how Biden handled the Debates.

Proverbs26:4-5
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

When Biden said:
"Abraham Lincoln here is one of the most racist presidents we've had in modern history,” Biden said of Trump. “He pours fuel on every single racist fire. Every single one.”

Trump is not intelligent enough to have figured out what Biden said. Trump is a Con Man; The same as Trump supporters were not intelligent to know what Obama said, so they come back with some crazy comment when they don't get it. They were not even smart enough to know Trump insulted them, when he told them "he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and they'd still back him"... he was telling they are dumb enough to be cult led. They thought it was a compliment. The same as when he told them, he loved the "uneducated', because he knew even in his vile motives they'd buy into it.

Biden is a poor uninspiring speaker, He is not a real analytical thinker. He says the most cringeworthy things. He is way too 'handsy' for this day and age, and too trusting of republicans. As for policy, he's just not as progressive as I'd like on economic issues . He never takes the bold risk - even if it may be worth it.

None of this comes close to being a deal-breaker for me. If the GOP wanted Dems to set a higher standard with their nominee, then republicans should have set ANY standard on their own choice. Trump is the mold on worm feces. I literally can not imagine a Dem alive that I would not vote for over Trump. Might have been a tough call if it had been crack addict/tax cheat/ homophobe enabler former mayor of Washington DC, Marion Barry. I would have to think about it at least.

Here are some Trump supporters plus some Biden supporters

I fear him in charge of the Senate and for good reason. Packing the Supreme Court in his tantrum is far worse than Trump installing 3 excellent justices.

I chose:

- Gaff prone

Trump has a few of his own gaffs that Democrats call lies. But when it is Biden, suddenly is is just fine and dandy.

The hate you claim is Trumps is the medias that Trump is pressed to defend himself for their nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom