• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats Want to Tax Your ATM Withdrawals

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-Pa.) has introduced Davis’s dream legislation. It would charge a penny for every dollar of your money drawn from an ATM machine. That would then beg the question — why put your money in a bank if you are going to get taxed merely for the right to access your money.

With what Democrats are planning, that mattress as an option is looking better every day.

Article is here.

So one person introduces stupid legislation and suddenly it's attributed to "democrats?"

I suppose I could spend my day perusing the internets for every stupid bill to come down the pike, but I'd rather spend my time and energy on those that actually have a chance of coming to fruition.

So one person introduces stupid legislation and suddenly it's attributed to "democrats?"

I suppose I could spend my day perusing the internets for every stupid bill to come down the pike, but I'd rather spend my time and energy on those that actually have a chance of coming to fruition.

DEMOCRATS are discussing taxing internet usage, higher rates for gasoline for low-mileage vehicles, ATM withdrawals, etc.

Basically, if you have the nerve to apply yourself, save money, and not be reliant on the government, DEMOCRATS believe you should face the consequences.

DEMOCRATS are discussing taxing internet usage, higher rates for gasoline for low-mileage vehicles, ATM withdrawals, etc.

Basically, if you have the nerve to apply yourself, save money, and not be reliant on the government, DEMOCRATS believe you should face the consequences.

You do know that repeating RW talking points doesn't make them true, right?

The right cries about taxes and then they cry about their grandchildren getting saddled with debt....they don't have any actual solutions to the problems of this country. They just like to cry and whine and say, "No" a lot.

You do know that repeating RW talking points doesn't make them true, right?

The right cries about taxes and then they cry about their grandchildren getting saddled with debt....they don't have any actual solutions to the problems of this country. They just like to cry and whine and say, "No" a lot.

If your head is that firmly planted in the sand, there's no helping you.

You did witness the $1 trillion stimulus plan with money we never had in the first place, didn't you? Who conjured that up?

Many of those on the right DO have answers, Tennessee Rain. They all have one thing in common. STOP SPENDING. What solutions does the LEFT have? More revenue? Yeah, that'll do it. Not.

With what Democrats are planning, that mattress as an option is looking better every day.

Article is here.

The ATM tax doesn't sound like a good idea but this does...

But wait . . . it’s gets better. They’re back to wanting to tax the internet too.

House Energy and Commerce Communications Subcommittee Chairman Rick Boucher (D-Va.) has introduced legislation to allow retail sales taxes to be levied on internet purchases.

So instead of being pro-growth to reduce the deficit or pro-job creation, the Democrats have fallen back into being your typical tax and spenders.

I can't think of a good reason why you shouldn't pay sales tax on something you bought online. It will help local stores that actually have rent and electricity bills stay in business while producing revenue.

How are we going to get THIS back:

COSTOFWAR.COM - The Cost of War
You must have missed the report that says all of the new Democrat social spending far surpasses those costs, or any expenditures from every administration combined historically. You really don't want to get into a war on which side spent more.

You must have missed the report that says all of the new Democrat social spending far surpasses those costs, or any expenditures from every administration combined historically. You really don't want to get into a war on which side spent more.

Which side spent more here in the US as opposed to Iraq and Afghanistan? And again, you didn't answer my question. How are we going to pay for that?

Democrats want to Tax anything and everything, if they could find a way, they would tax the air we breathe.

Democrats want to Tax anything and everything, if they could find a way, they would tax the air we breathe.

So we're going to go with "Blame an entire party and anyone who agrees with them for each and every bill that any of them propose?"

Because the GOP has some pretty hilarious ones!

Article is here.

I love it when I read an article - and it gives a link to back up it's fact which just leads to another article.

this is infact truly annoying when discussing a proposed *bill* of some nature - which I expect ot be led to that *bill* text so I can read a summary and full bill and be informed most direct.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-4646

Last edited:
So we're going to go with "Blame an entire party and anyone who agrees with them for each and every bill that any of them propose?"

Because the GOP has some pretty hilarious ones!

No of course not.

We are actually going to blame Bush.

You mean live like the amish or some sort of mountain man?

Which side spent more here in the US as opposed to Iraq and Afghanistan? And again, you didn't answer my question. How are we going to pay for that?

Social services should have never been the duty of the government. The concept of helping the poor and the homeless are from charities. The cost of war, even if it's an unfavored war, is still within the premise of the federal government. And the fact that social services cost more than the war means that we should cut more of social spending. If you want to start demilitarizing ourselves, I pray you never become a politician. You will be handing our land on a silver platter....

Social services should have never been the duty of the government. The concept of helping the poor and the homeless are from charities. The cost of war, even if it's an unfavored war, is still within the premise of the federal government. And the fact that social services cost more than the war means that we should cut more of social spending. If you want to start demilitarizing ourselves, I pray you never become a politician. You will be handing our land on a silver platter....

I NEVER mentioned social services. I said spending money on this country and not Iraq.

You're wrong about what I would or would not do as a politician. And you missed my point. If we hadn't entered an unnecessary war in Iraq, we wouldn't be spending OUR money rebuilding THEIR country. That would be like me spending my money to refurbish my neighbor's house instead of my own. While I'm doing that, my own house is falling to pieces and I have no money to fix it because I spent it on my neighbor and now I have to borrow money because my own house is falling apart and needs to be fixed.

Now, how are we going to get that money back?

Last edited:

It was introduced by a Democrat. LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom