• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats want food stamps so that moochers will vote for them?

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Who hasn't heard this argument from the GOP? Well, the actual numbers are in...........

Among the 254 counties where food stamp recipients doubled between 2007 and 2011, Republican Mitt Romney won 213 of them in last year’s presidential election, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data compiled by Bloomberg. Kentucky’s Owsley County, which backed Romney with 81 percent of its vote, has the largest proportion of food stamp recipients among those that he carried.

Add to that the number of corporate CEOs and banksters who are mooching off the government, and who vote Republican, and.............. Well, you get the gist.

Damn Republican moochers - Get a job. :mrgreen:

Article is here.

Who hasn't heard this argument from the GOP? Well, the actual numbers are in...........

Add to that the number of corporate CEOs and banksters who are mooching off the government, and who vote Republican, and.............. Well, you get the gist.

Article is here.

Close the coal mines and then blame the folks for needing food stamps and voting for ABO. ;)

BTW. Owsley County, KY has a population of under 5,000 people.

Boggles my mind that people would vote for ideology over their needs as American citizens. I therefore have created a term to describe these people: Idiotologists.

Boggles my mind that people would vote for ideology over their needs as American citizens. I therefore have created a term to describe these people: Idiotologists.

The thing is, we can't afford to meet all the needs of our citizens. Have you taken a look at our national debt and deficits lately? ;)

The thing is, we can't afford to meet all the needs of our citizens. Have you taken a look at our national debt and deficits lately? ;)

One would think that when one is hungry and not sure whe the next meal will come, that the national deficit would be one of the last things on their minds. Unless, of course, if they're Idiotologists.

One would think that when one is hungry and not sure whe the next meal will come, that the national deficit would be one of the last things on their minds. Unless, of course, if they're Idiotologists.

If all those collecting welfare were actually in need, I might agree with you.

Trouble is we have millions who aren't yet do.

If all those collecting welfare were actually in need, I might agree with you.

Trouble is we have millions who aren't yet do.

Sure some buck the system. No doubt. But if you think welfare fraud is rampant, then I believe you are sorrowly mislead.

Well, if you can't pay your bills, do you go further into debt as a solution?

Well, if you can't pay your bills, do you go further into debt as a solution?

Sometimes. Like if one wants to go back to school. That would be considered "good debt."

As for others, well do you realize that our middle class is living off of credit? It has reached epidemic proportions.

Food stamps - $76 billion
Military - $600 billion
F-22 Raptor - $80 billion plus $212 million per copy
Osprey For Dog & Cat Transporting - $57 billion plus $95 million per copy

Perspective. It's all about perspective.

Just saying....

(I should add that food stamp fraud should get hard time in prison)

Sure some buck the system. No doubt. But if you think welfare fraud is rampant, then I believe you are sorrowly mislead.

The worst problem is the easy requirements to get welfare these days. There are people on the street corners here in Texas attempting to sign people up for food stamps, free phones, low cost housing, etc.

Why would that be? Why is the government trying to get everyone under their thumb??

Aside from that, take a drive down some of the 'poorer' streets in our cities and see how many nice cars are in the driveways in the middle of the day when most folks are WORKING.

Seems we can afford to meet the needs of our banksters, when they run their banks into the ground.

The worst problem is the easy requirements to get welfare these days. There are people on the street corners here in Texas attempting to sign people up for food stamps, free phones, low cost housing, etc.

Why would that be? Why is the government trying to get everyone under their thumb??

Aside from that, take a drive down some of the 'poorer' streets in our cities and see how many nice cars are in the driveways in the middle of the day when most folks are WORKING.

The free phones? That was started by the Reagan administration. Ironic, ain't it? LOL.

Seems we can afford to meet the needs of our banksters, when they run their banks into the ground.

And I have a huge issue with that as well. I am wholly opposed to bailing out any business that can't make it on its own, with honest and sound business practices.

The free phones? That was started by the Reagan administration. Ironic, ain't it? LOL.

Don't believe they had cell service back then. Nor were they sucking people into being reliant on big gov.

Wow, your anecdotal stories really have me convinced!11!11!!!!!111
Yeah, it's a goburnament conspiracy, I tell ya!

Listen, WCH. The chump change that the taxpayers are losing because of welfare fraud is a big ole kick in the bucket compared to those who commit income tax fraud. Why aren't you in a tizzy over that?

And yeah, collecting welfare is living the high life. That $900 a month sure pays off those Audi car payments!!!1!!!!!!

PS. How do you know about the poorer streets in the daytime? Aren't you s'posed to be at work, hon?

And I have a huge issue with that as well. I am wholly opposed to bailing out any business that can't make it on its own, with honest and sound business practices.

As long as they stay deregulated, they will continue to swindle.

Wow, your anecdotal stories really have me convinced!11!11!!!!!111
Yeah, it's a goburnament conspiracy, I tell ya!

Listen, WCH. The chump change that the taxpayers are losing because of welfare fraud is a big ole kick in the bucket compared to those who commit income tax fraud. Why aren't you in a tizzy over that?

And yeah, collecting welfare is living the high life. That $900 a month sure pays off those Audi car payments!!!1!!!!!!

PS. How do you know about the poorer streets in the daytime? Aren't you s'posed to be at work, hon?

Why don't you answer my question rather than giving me lip, Hon?

Why don't you answer my question rather than giving me lip, Hon?

There is nothing to answer. :confused:

What you believe is something that I think belongs in the Conspiracy Theories forum.

Article is here.

It doesn't take a whole lot of thought to see why that statistic might not be all that meaningful.

The bank bailouts are about being stuck behind a rock and a hard place. Do you grit your teeth and bail them out in order to prevent a complete banking collapse or do you let them fail to show them a lesson which is cutting off your nose to spite your face?

As Middleground says...strong banks are a necessity in a modern economy...they know that...we know that...so we should regulate the **** outta them so they serve that purpose and don't need bailouts.

Don't believe they had cell service back then. Nor were they sucking people into being reliant on big gov.

The Lifeline Program began with landline phones under the Reagan administration. The program with landline phones was expanded under the Clinton administration, and it was George Bush who expanded the service to cell phones.

Back
Top Bottom