• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats vote to nominate Nancy Pelosi for House speaker

The youngest party being represent by the oldest people.

Sigh, Democrats just don't learn.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Who would you have put up for speaker?

I don't like Pelosi much, but she did the cat herding quite well last time. The repubs couldn't find anyone to function well in that role in 8 years of trying. It's a tough gig.

No surprises here, but this should be her last term: she must start readying a successor who is more in tune with the present trajectory of the party, is a more honest broker between its internal factions, and perhaps most importantly, isn't reviled as an icon of pay to play, status quo corruption by nearly half her own party and the majority of the country.

Would have preferred to see John Lewis in there, but Pelosi as a temporary caretaker in the interim isn't untenable.

We will have to disagree on this. Even if you looked at people 10 years younger than Pelosi, you'd still be looking at Baby Boomers!

Democrats have completely failed to understand their base even when it is responsible for bringing them back to power. Even as Democrats are elected right and left because they DON'T represent the rest of the old guard, the DC leadership has done everything in its power to ignore the voices that aren't Pelosi, Schumer and Ellison.

2020 will prove at least one of us right.

Couldn't agree more.

The only alternatives as they stood though were pretty unthinkable, being as they were all to the right of Pelosi. I greatly dislike her, and recognize that she needs to go ASAP, but I'm not too perturbed by the idea of her taking up a 2 year interim while someone better is prepared to take the reins.

Yeah I would. after she claimed that the black thugs who beat white truck driver Reginald Denny was justified, I'd probably call her something far worse. her color has nothing to do with my distaste for her. why do you lefties often assume any criticism of even the most radically stupid lefties, has to be racist?

Clearly, it's a preoccupation, constantly praying on their minds to not be revealed for the racists that they are, coupled with the constant need to be, or identify, some sort of victim of something, and often even a victim of nothing. When you view the world in divisive intersectional politics, it's all you see.

Yeah I would. after she claimed that the black thugs who beat white truck driver Reginald Denny was justified, I'd probably call her something far worse. her color has nothing to do with my distaste for her. why do you lefties often assume any criticism of even the most radically stupid lefties, has to be racist?

Please provide a link to a reputable news source.

Actually, having Chuck and Nancy in charge is in the best interests of Republicans. They can't ask for bigger bullseyes. In order to get elected, a Republican congressional candidate in 2020 only needs a campaign slogan consisting of three words: "Fire Pelosi! Again!"

Yeah, but you still have Trump. He's beyond a bullseye. He's a parachute landing target.

Please provide a link to a reputable news source.

it was viral for weeks after she said it. I really don't care if you are ignorant of it

:lamo
What a stupid woman.
This is gonna be fun.

it was viral for weeks after she said it. I really don't care if you are ignorant of it

Your definition of viral is FOX News, Breitbart, and Rush Limbaugh.

Let’s see who challenges her for the seat.

The only ones that will challenge will be the ones that want something from her. Once they get it, they suddenly have a change of mind and give their support to her. That's how politics works. Marcia Fudge challenged her and had a couple of supporters on her side too, but Marcia Fudge suddenly threw her support to Penlosi and endorsed her once Pelosi offered to restore a defunct subcommittee on elections, and make Fudge the chairwoman.

Who would you have put up for speaker?

I don't like Pelosi much, but she did the cat herding quite well last time. The repubs couldn't find anyone to function well in that role in 8 years of trying. It's a tough gig.
Literally anyone who isn't Schumer, Pelosi, or Ellison. Hell, I'd contradict myself and take Warren if it meant getting rid of what are probably the least popular Democrats, ever.

I have just read at Politico that Ms. Nancy during a meeting stopped all talk of her inevitable retirement date.

I feel that the majority voted for her because they did not want to humiliate her and they did not want to give the impression to the nation that the Democrats were in disarray.

But it is understood that she may "soon" (after the 2020 elections?) retire (for "health reasons"?).

Then there will be a donnybrook over the leadership. Many Democrats will want the leadership positions "to reflect the face of America."

Yeah, but you still have Trump. He's beyond a bullseye. He's a parachute landing target.

So imagine the shock :shock: and screaming to the heavens :eek: outside of Flyover Country that are going to happen--again :doh--when he's reelected. :2wave:

some were, some are not. depends on the reasons. Two places where Kavanaugh will most likely vote differently than the man he replaces is on abortion and gay rights. SO if you are an abortion or gay activist, I find opposing him to be a legitimate position. Those who saw him as a totem for every wrong -objective or subjective-visited upon women by men and opposed him for that reason-yeah I find that loony. I also believe many of the Clintonistas are mad over the jihad launched against clinton over WhiteWater and "Bimbo" gates. Those opponents I had little respect for

I opposed him because I've never seen anyone so obnoxiously partisan "interview" for that job. He's a snarky, obnoxious paranoid little prick. Quite the contrast to Gorsuch who was absolutely a dignified and non-partisan jurist.

You lost me on Whitewater and the Bimbo thing or how they related to Kavanaugh.

I don't know or care about his opinions on abortion or gay rights. I hope they do try to overturn abortion and shove gay people back in the shadows. The Republicans and conservatives will be dead for centuries after that. Most people don't share their ignorant bigotry.

I opposed him because I've never seen anyone so obnoxiously partisan "interview" for that job. He's a snarky, obnoxious paranoid little prick. Quite the contrast to Gorsuch who was absolutely a dignified and non-partisan jurist.

You lost me on Whitewater and the Bimbo thing or how they related to Kavanaugh.

I don't know or care about his opinions on abortion or gay rights. I hope they do try to overturn abortion and shove gay people back in the shadows. The Republicans and conservatives will be dead for centuries after that. Most people don't share their ignorant bigotry.

Kavanaugh was part of the Starr team that was investigating clinton for Whitewater and Bimbogate.

Gorsuch was not subjected to the sort of slander and lies the Demoscum threw at Kavanaugh. BTW did you see the real hearing with Kavanaugh? His decorum was perfect despite the idiots like the hateful harpy from Hawaii and the ego massaging Spartacus drooling.

Kavanaugh was part of the Starr team that was investigating clinton for Whitewater and Bimbogate.

Gorsuch was not subjected to the sort of slander and lies the Demoscum threw at Kavanaugh. BTW did you see the real hearing with Kavanaugh? His decorum was perfect despite the idiots like the hateful harpy from Hawaii and the ego massaging Spartacus drooling.

If you think Kavanaugh's decorum was "perfect", then you are hopelessly and ridiculously partisan.

Back
Top Bottom