• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats to sue Arizona over voter access

So you're whining about a black man who didn't bother to get his **** in order when he moved from Illinois to Wisconsin. :roll: His birth certificate was screwed up. Leftwing kook Bill Moyer probably had to search long and hard to find the worst case he could to make his politically charged point.

Your dedication to democracy in action is noted. (Or should that be "inaction"?)

Photo ID doesn't help black men in Wisconsin.

"A Black Man Brought 3 Forms of ID to the Polls in Wisconsin. He Still Couldn’t Vote.

Three hundred thousand registered voters in Wisconsin lack a government-issued photo ID, and many have faced great difficulty obtaining one. ..."

A Black Man Brought 3 Forms of ID to the Polls in Wisconsin. He Still Couldn’t Vote. - BillMoyers.com

So essentially Illinois is the one that screwed up and made it so rough on this guy to get the corrections he needed taken care of?

He had his expired Illinois photo ID. The ID may have expired, but the photo was still him!

Finally. Hope this stirs others to bring suits in the states which have instituted various "voter fraud" laws intended to decrease the number of voters from certain demographics.

The only demographic being targeted is the illegal voter demographic.

BTW - I oppose requiring ID to vote, but I support ID to register to vote. It's the one solution that puts all of the stupidity to rest. You have all the time in the world to get registered, so access is not an issue. It would demand that every state pass a law that states that ID cards are free and made widely accessible so that no one has the excuse that they con't have an ID.

Yes, it would seem that is a possibility except for a couple problems that were noted within a few hours of the Arizona primary

There were multiple reports of Democratic voters being told they were on the rolls as Independent or Libertarian and therefore they couldn't vote

VOTE BY MAIL!!! Get rid of all the expense and headache of voting booths and starting doing what we in Oregon get to do - receive our ballots in the mail, mark 'em up and send 'em back. No lines, no waits, lots of time and you can vote in your underwear.

again you forget this isn't about logic an reason but EMO ranting.
emotional arguments is where it is at.

it doesn't matter if they are based in fact.

the OP doesn't even show what the issue was just some liberals crying again.
when I went to vote I had to wait. I guess I was being discriminated against
because I am white.

I never wait when I vote. I just sit down in my comfy chair, pull out my voter's pamphlet and do my duty. The hardest part is licking the envelope and not cutting my tongue... :mrgreen:

Sorry but access to vote is the main thing in an election. By reducing this access you hurt democracy. There should be as many polling stations as needed. My little town back in Denmark population under 500 people, has 2 polling stations at every election. These polling stations have been there since forever.. one is in the local school and the other in the local community center. It makes it easy and simple to vote. One place has one booth and the other a couple. In the big cities we also have little distance to the voting booth.. usually within a mile at most.

Now they could put them together or even move it to the major town in the area, but all that would do would be to disenfranchise people from actually voting.... especially the elderly who would have much longer distances to go to vote.

There is an old saying in Denmark.. elections are local..

Oh and dont try to use the tired old excuse "but the US is a big country"..

There's nothing more local than your mailbox...

Photo ID doesn't help black men in Wisconsin.

"A Black Man Brought 3 Forms of ID to the Polls in Wisconsin. He Still Couldn’t Vote.

Three hundred thousand registered voters in Wisconsin lack a government-issued photo ID, and many have faced great difficulty obtaining one. ..."

A Black Man Brought 3 Forms of ID to the Polls in Wisconsin. He Still Couldn’t Vote. - BillMoyers.com

An expired ID card, a BC with a name that didn't match and a SS card. I would have done the exact same thing that they did.

If you're too embarassingly stupid to vote, maybe you shouldn't.

Colour me not surprised.

Anyone with two functioning brain cells would have done the same thing. You have a guy showing up with an expired ID card, a BC with the wrong name on it and a SS card with no picture on it. Most people would look at that combination and tell the guy to come back when he had his crap together.

Back
Top Bottom