• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats strike again

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I live on the very red side of a very blue state which just made many of our lives more expensive. I went to Napa yesterday to buy a recharge kit for the AC in my camper van and was told private individuals can't buy this anymore in Washington and now you have to go to a certified repair facility. What I could do myself for $30.00 will no cost $250.00. I'm choosing to make the 4 hour round trip to Idaho where you can still buy these recharge kits which cost me time and money and uses gasoline. Nice work ass hole democrats.

I live on the very red side of a very blue state which just made many of our lives more expensive. I went to Napa yesterday to buy a recharge kit for the AC in my camper van and was told private individuals can't buy this anymore in Washington and now you have to go to a certified repair facility. What I could do myself for $30.00 will no cost $250.00. I'm choosing to make the 4 hour round trip to Idaho where you can still buy these recharge kits which cost me time and money and uses gasoline. Nice work ass hole democrats.

You should move to Idaho.

MAGA.

I lived there 35 years. Got run out by all the Californians moving there. East side of Washington is very red but the East runs the whole state.
That is a very sad story, and I suspect you mean the West runs the whole state.

What ever happened to We the Acres in our Constitution?

Last edited:
Isn't it great to have a choice where to live and shop? There are a lot of people that can only hope for what you've got. Sometimes that though gets lost in all the bitchin.

Seems like Democrat's purpose in life to constantly remind everyone why government overreach, excessive and ridiculous over-regulation is bad, and a problem for everyone who has to live under that regime.
  • EPA Administrator Michael Regan is another Biden lackey who's threatened to use his power to usurp Congress if lawmakers don't do what he wants. Regan has said he's "willing to wield broad regulatory power to enact President Biden’s climate agenda if Congress fails to pass meaningful climate legislation" including "a robust greenhouse gas rule for power plants, a stringent methane rule for oil and gas infrastructure, and sweeping emissions standards for new cars." Regan is on-record calling state environmental agencies "subordinate” to the EPA, Biden's EPA administrator has also moved forward with a "troubling" new rule to allow community reporting system to "detect large emissions events," something opponents say would allow climate alarmist activists to flood the system with false reports that would burden oil and gas producers.
  • In November 2021, the Environmental Protection Agency announced new regulations governing methane emissions from oil and gas production, transmission, storage, and distribution that would cost more than $1 billion a year.
  • Last spring, Biden signed a resolution that overturned Trump administration reforms to EPA oil and gas rules. This resolution will worsen energy poverty, reestablish burdensome regulations, and have a disproportionate impact on small businesses.
  • The Biden administration has failed to take adequate action on annual requirements and small refinery waivers for the Renewable Fuel Standard and in providing regulatory relief from this biofuel mandate due to economic hardship. His EPA has finalized a new rule regulating greenhouse gas emissions from cars and trucks. That single regulation could raise the average vehicle price by $1,000.
  • Instituting a new policy on carbon taxes in organized wholesale electricity markets
    • This carbon pricing policy statement, issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission in April 2021, is a blanket endorsement of top-down policies that have been demonstrated to be costly, ineffective, regressive, and consistently rejected by the American people.
    • The Biden administration has changed key inputs for economic and regulatory analysis, including raising the “social cost” of greenhouse gases. These policies will mask the true consumer cost of regulatory actions. (Trying to hid the cost impact of their excessive regulations, i.e. lying by omission)
    • In the Fall 2021 Unified Agenda, the EPA stated their intention to propose what can be considered the Clean Power Plan 2.0. This policy would impose burdensome regulations but would have little or no environmental benefit.
It's these types of regulations, with little real benefit to the economy, which are just regulation for regulations sake.
Better governance would be that for each new regulation proposed, 2 regulations would need to retire, the result would be the deconstruction of the Regulation State.

Someone has a good lobby.

That is a very sad story, and I suspect you mean the West runs the whole state.

What ever happened to We the Acres in our Constitution?
I found a loophole in the democrats make life hard bill. You can still purchase this stuff for tractor use at farm stores. Save me a trip to Idaho. And yes I meant west side of state with its riots and crime and homeless population.

Last edited:
Seems like Democrat's purpose in life to constantly remind everyone why government overreach, excessive and ridiculous over-regulation is bad, and a problem for everyone who has to live under that regime.
  • EPA Administrator Michael Regan is another Biden lackey who's threatened to use his power to usurp Congress if lawmakers don't do what he wants. Regan has said he's "willing to wield broad regulatory power to enact President Biden’s climate agenda if Congress fails to pass meaningful climate legislation" including "a robust greenhouse gas rule for power plants, a stringent methane rule for oil and gas infrastructure, and sweeping emissions standards for new cars." Regan is on-record calling state environmental agencies "subordinate” to the EPA, Biden's EPA administrator has also moved forward with a "troubling" new rule to allow community reporting system to "detect large emissions events," something opponents say would allow climate alarmist activists to flood the system with false reports that would burden oil and gas producers.
  • In November 2021, the Environmental Protection Agency announced new regulations governing methane emissions from oil and gas production, transmission, storage, and distribution that would cost more than $1 billion a year.
  • Last spring, Biden signed a resolution that overturned Trump administration reforms to EPA oil and gas rules. This resolution will worsen energy poverty, reestablish burdensome regulations, and have a disproportionate impact on small businesses.
  • The Biden administration has failed to take adequate action on annual requirements and small refinery waivers for the Renewable Fuel Standard and in providing regulatory relief from this biofuel mandate due to economic hardship. His EPA has finalized a new rule regulating greenhouse gas emissions from cars and trucks. That single regulation could raise the average vehicle price by $1,000.
  • Instituting a new policy on carbon taxes in organized wholesale electricity markets
    • This carbon pricing policy statement, issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission in April 2021, is a blanket endorsement of top-down policies that have been demonstrated to be costly, ineffective, regressive, and consistently rejected by the American people.
    • The Biden administration has changed key inputs for economic and regulatory analysis, including raising the “social cost” of greenhouse gases. These policies will mask the true consumer cost of regulatory actions. (Trying to hid the cost impact of their excessive regulations, i.e. lying by omission)
    • In the Fall 2021 Unified Agenda, the EPA stated their intention to propose what can be considered the Clean Power Plan 2.0. This policy would impose burdensome regulations but would have little or no environmental benefit.
It's these types of regulations, with little real benefit to the economy, which are just regulation for regulations sake.
Better governance would be that for each new regulation proposed, 2 regulations would need to retire, the result would be the deconstruction of the Regulation State.
A good way to combat the Democrat's excessive climate regulation is to eat a lot of beans since beans produce an inordinate amount of methane.

MAGA.

Isn't it great to have a choice where to live and shop? There are a lot of people that can only hope for what you've got. Sometimes that though gets lost in all the bitchin.
Washington is where you can buy pot but can't recharge your own AC. Idaho just the opposite.

It's probably because people don't spend the money to get leaks repaired, they just keep recharging and keep leaking.

It's probably because people don't spend the money to get leaks repaired, they just keep recharging and keep leaking.
According to guy at Napa there's some new refrigerant they want everyone to convert to which is a very expensive fix so they are purposely making it so expensive to recharge r134 that you'll opt for the conversion. Keep in mind this is the same governor that has tried and failed to implement a carbon tax on gas several times. Even Seattle voters don't want that.

Can't order it online?

According to guy at Napa there's some new refrigerant they want everyone to convert to which is a very expensive fix so they are purposely making it so expensive to recharge r134 that you'll opt for the conversion. Keep in mind this is the same governor that has tried and failed to implement a carbon tax on gas several times. Even Seattle voters don't want that.
Hmm. Went through that with my older toy car, converting it to R134, from what was it? R33? Now in Washington they are changing that yet again?

I thought that AC refrigerant for cars was a national level regulation, I can't imagine that car manufacturers would support states having differing standards on that. The manufacturing costs would go up.

That being said, California is stupid enough to demand their own gas formulation. :rolleyes: That's one of the reason that gas in CA is more expensive than everywhere else, once again, self-inflicted stupidity, much like what this sounds like.

News flash! Regulations are not meant to benefit the economy. They are meant to protect consumers and foster competition.

News flash! Regulations are not meant to benefit the economy. They are meant to protect consumers and foster competition.
And these regulations appear to do neither, so characterizing them as regulations for regulations sake would appear to be appropriate.
All they appear to be doing is to increase the control of the State, bringing for the 'Administrative State'.

Hmm. Went through that with my older toy car, converting it to R134, from what was it? R33? Now in Washington they are changing that yet again?

I thought that AC refrigerant for cars was a national level regulation, I can't imagine that car manufacturers would support states having differing standards on that. The manufacturing costs would go up.

That being said, California is stupid enough to demand their own gas formulation. :rolleyes: That's one of the reason that gas in CA is more expensive than everywhere else, once again, self-inflicted stupidity, much like what this sounds like.
It's what guy at Napa told me. Could be right could be wrong.

Its been that way for a long long time in my state. I mean years and years. And I've got one of the most moronic GOP state governments in existence.

Welcome to the 21st century Chainsaw.

That being said, California is stupid enough to demand their own gas formulation.

Yeah it was real "stupid" to not want to live your life in a giant cloud of smog.
Lack of FrEeDuMbZ$™ in Cali I tell ya.

They'd welcome you back.

After 35 years in Idaho it was becoming too Californicated for me so I moved to a quiet section of NE Washington that so far has stayed that way. Been here 10 years now.

Back
Top Bottom