• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats strike again

According to guy at Napa there's some new refrigerant they want everyone to convert to which is a very expensive fix so they are purposely making it so expensive to recharge r134 that you'll opt for the conversion. Keep in mind this is the same governor that has tried and failed to implement a carbon tax on gas several times. Even Seattle voters don't want that.
The carbon tax I am against. I agree with regulating refrigerants.

Hmm. Went through that with my older toy car, converting it to R134, from what was it? R33? Now in Washington they are changing that yet again?

I thought that AC refrigerant for cars was a national level regulation, I can't imagine that car manufacturers would support states having differing standards on that. The manufacturing costs would go up.

That being said, California is stupid enough to demand their own gas formulation. :rolleyes: That's one of the reason that gas in CA is more expensive than everywhere else, once again, self-inflicted stupidity, much like what this sounds like.
I won't claim this as fact, but I beliece there was a conversion to R134 from others because it is less damaging to ozone than the others. It is still damaging though, and they are regulating it too, in many places.

That require little water and no fertilizer. It doesn't require tilling, but you would get better yields. And imo, agriculture (completely renewable) is superior to mining.
but... but... but...

The corn farmers would cry.

And the homeless can keep warm by the burning rivers!

Win win, right?
On that note, I recently seen something saying Portland's population has decreased by more than 12,000. I wonder if that's just how many more homeless we have from the government Covid shutdowns, making people lose their jobs.

Look.

These kits aren't dissimilar from doing your own oil change, and just letting the oil be soaked up by the ground, instead of recycling it.
Not at all. The containers are sealed and contain a stop leak so this won’t be a continuing issue.

I'm actually with them on this. Fluoridated gasses are captured instead of being released into the environment by these places.

If its leaking, it needs to be repaired, or else you will have to keep filling it.
Nothing is leaked into the air when you do your own refill.

I won't claim this as fact, but I beliece there was a conversion to R134 from others because it is less damaging to ozone than the others. It is still damaging though, and they are regulating it too, in many places.
I thought the ozone hole was “fixed”. All I hear from the left is we closed the hole and we can control climate too.

Nothing is leaked into the air when you do your own refill.
Except, why did you have to refill it?

If you know what you are doing, I agree that is true. To some extent. Really should go that extra mile and figure out why the pressure is low.

The seals don't get old as much t=as the physically lose material over time, and leak. Stop leak rarely lasts but a few months. If your mindset is every camping season, refill, and let it leak...

Bad form!

Stop leak...

A temporary poor man's solution that doesn't last.
So when a “poor man” needs to recharge his AC he’s out of luck? **** him? Let him drive with the windows down?

So no AC for working class living paycheck to paycheck. Typical elitist attitude.
Does that mean you also drain your oil over dirt so you don't pay the money for an oil change and just refill it?

If you need to recharge the system, you are leaking CFC's. They are not a part of nature. They are a poison to the atmosphere.

I'm sorry. But you are part of the problem.

I live on the very red side of a very blue state which just made many of our lives more expensive. I went to Napa yesterday to buy a recharge kit for the AC in my camper van and was told private individuals can't buy this anymore in Washington and now you have to go to a certified repair facility. What I could do myself for $30.00 will no cost $250.00. I'm choosing to make the 4 hour round trip to Idaho where you can still buy these recharge kits which cost me time and money and uses gasoline. Nice work ass hole democrats.

1648446336709.png

Does that mean you also drain your oil over dirt so you don't pay the money for an oil change and just refill it?

If you need to recharge the system, you are leaking CFC's. They are not a part of nature. They are a poison to the atmosphere.

I'm sorry. But you are part of the problem.
Refill kits have stop leak additives. When cars get old O rings become brittle. Rejuvenating them will likely last as long as the old car itself will last. Beyond that as the inslee bill itself states it's a minor issue. The ozone hole seems to be doing just fine.

Back
Top Bottom