• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Democrats Still Clueless About Airport Security

aquapub

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Most of the politically correct, completely impotent airline security idiocy that has happened since 9/11 is the result of the only Clinton Democrat left in office by President Bush when he took over: Secretary of Transportation, Norman Mineta. Before 9/11, Bush had to be figuring that even a Democrat couldn’t screw up a position as insignificant as this one, but then 9/11 put this genius at center stage, hence all the politically correct searches of little old white ladies from Iowa when 100% of people who’ve attacked American planes have been young, Arab, Muslim men; hence all the hours spent needlessly having your pockets picked by screeners instead of just sealing the cockpits and scanning the cargo; hence all the “controversy” over arming the pilots.

Think about it. If you screen passengers with just the standard x-ray machines and metal detectors, letting them get on the plane sometime within the decade in which they arrived at the airport, the worst thing a terrorist could do is have a bomb in their baggage (which would be covered if we started scanning cargo) or use a butter knife to take/kill hostages.

If you make the cockpits as impossible to access as it is for the Republican side of an argument to make its way into the New York Times, the terrorists, at best, could then only kill all the passengers on the plane with their butter knives (and even that is only possible if the plane is full of liberals instead of people with spines) and still wouldn’t be able to crash the planes into anything.

The common sense policies that Republicans have been pushing for are finally coming to fruition. The TSA is now putting less of their focus on confiscating sharp instruments (anything can be used as a weapon), and putting more focus on detecting explosives. Naturally, Democrats have now begun coming out in protest, touting their clearly irrational objections to relaxed passenger screening and calling for more screeners in fact. Apparently Democrats haven’t figured out that MORE bureaucracy nearly always makes things worse.

It’s not like we’re traumatizing young Arab men with the tragedy of airline profiling/inconveniences to prevent mass murder or anything (not that I’m against that). We’re just trying to rescue the TSA from Democrats incompetence and political correctness.

Long story short: Republicans are God, Democrats are Demons. We've heard this over and over and over again. Theres no point in trying to argue you against this **** again. I'm sure its riddled with factual errors but whats the point? We need to abandon the Democrat and Republican parties. Neither them are Gods.

FinnMacCool said:
Long story short: Republicans are God, Democrats are Demons. We've heard this over and over and over again. Theres no point in trying to argue you against this **** again. I'm sure its riddled with factual errors but whats the point? We need to abandon the Democrat and Republican parties. Neither them are Gods.

Exactly! Look at their actions, look at their voting records, look at what they have done to this country!
Both parties are owned and controlled by the same corporate interests. Thats exactly why it never makes a difference who gets into office. The country silps deeper into the abyss.
We all need to get over the two party system. Its a fraud. Take for example Bush and the Clintons. They're in bed together and its not even a secret. They are extremely good friends and are seen together consistantly, hanging out golfing, dining. Ruppert Murdochs Fox news network is said to be the mouthpiece for Bush and the right wing, but Hillary Clinton goes out with Murdoch on extravagant meetings over Caviar. Why? Because its a fraud. People need to wake up to the fact that both of these parties serve the money masters and not the American people. They are equally corrupt and don't care about you. Bush is a blatant criminal, but so was Clinton. They are both traitors to the US, because they serve their corporate New World Order elites and are puppets on a string. It blows my mind that people still have not figured this out. Look at the facts, not the corporate controlled media lies. It's all a smoke screen, and the sooner everyone realizes this, the better chance our children have to live in a free constitutional republic. Wake up everyone!

aquapub said:
Most of the politically correct, completely impotent airline security idiocy that has happened since 9/11 is the result of the only Clinton Democrat left in office by President Bush when he took over:

This is an outrage!

Why didnt Bush fix this problem a long time ago?

More bungling from Bush, is he truly the most incompetent leader ever?

Thank you for bringing this latest snafu of his to my attention.

Yeah, that's the democrats' fault. Oh, but look, it appears that the Bush Administration hasn't really made us much safer either. I thought that George Bush was supposed to be "da man" when it came to the war on terror? What happened?

U.S. to receive unsatisfactory security report card
Panel: Country lacking in efforts to beef up national security

Friday, December 2, 2005; Posted: 10:58 p.m. EST (03:58 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- More than four years after the September 11 attacks, U.S. intelligence agencies still are failing to share information while Congress battles over security funding, a panel that investigated the terrorist hijackings will conclude in a new report.

In interviews Friday, members of the former September 11 commission said the government should receive a dismal grade for its lack of urgency in enacting strong security measures to prevent terror attacks.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/02/911.commission.ap/index.html

It appears team Bush is clueless about security period.

WASHINGTON - The U.S. is at great risk for more terrorist attacks because Congress and the White House have failed to enact several strong security measures, members of the former Sept. 11 commission said Sunday.

"It's not a priority for the government right now," said the former chairman, Thomas Kean, ahead of the group's release of a report Monday assessing how well its recommendations have been followed.

"More than four years after 9/11 ... people are not paying attention," the former Republican governor of New Jersey said. "God help us if we have another attack."

Added Lee Hamilton, the former Democratic vice chairman of the commission: "We believe that another attack will occur. It's not a question of if. We are not as well-prepared as we should be."

The five Republicans and five Democrats on the commission, whose recommendations are now promoted through a privately funded group known as the 9/11 Public Discourse Project, conclude that the government deserves "more Fs than As" in responding to their 41 suggested changes.

Since the commission's final report in July 2004, the government has enacted the centerpiece proposal to create a national intelligence director. But the government has stalled on other ideas, including improving communication among emergency responders and shifting federal terrorism-fighting money so it goes to states based on risk level.

"There is a lack of a sense of urgency," Hamilton said. "There are so many competing priorities. We've got three wars going on: one in
Afghanistan, one in
Iraq and the war against terror. And it's awfully hard to keep people focused on something like this."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051204/ap_on_go_co/sept11_commission

Also look at the borders. Why does the government want to give us national ID card, track and moniter every phone call, email, and purchase, search are homes without probable cause, take away our consitutional rights, yet all the while they leave the borders wide open. Wide open. And they are not even concerned about it. US citizens are treated like criminals yet they are not worried who or what comes across the border. Makes you wonder doesnt it? Do you think they are more worried about what comes into the counrty, or destroying our bill of rights and treating us like slaves? Actions speak louder than words.

RealityCheck said:
Also look at the borders. Why does the government want to give us national ID card, track and moniter every phone call, email, and purchase, search are homes without probable cause, take away our consitutional rights, yet all the while they leave the borders wide open. Wide open. And they are not even concerned about it. US citizens are treated like criminals yet they are not worried who or what comes across the border. Makes you wonder doesnt it? Do you think they are more worried about what comes into the counrty, or destroying our bill of rights and treating us like slaves? Actions speak louder than words.
Dude I can do that with my home computer! Point being? And their are some computer proficent that can modify databases to make you a "deceaced" person.

Are the Democrats worse than the Republicans on airport security?

Aeroplane based terrorism has been around since the 1970's. Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II could have implemented simple measures to make planes safer.

But none of them did.

These successive U.S administrations were more interested in subsidising and bailing out the airline industry, than actually improving passenger safety.

Lastly aquapub you make all these claims about the Democrats objecting to the new airline safety laws, but at no time did you actually attempt to quote the alledged Democrat Congressmen and Senators that made the comments.

So for all we no, you are just ranting on!

If your going to make a comment, why not back it up with quotes?

I wish I could tell you what I know about airport/plane security.... but I would probably get a visit from the FBI for posting it here. I am a liberal with some influential relatives and inlaws. Don't tell me I'm clueless.

Saboteur said:
I wish I could tell you what I know about airport/plane security.... but I would probably get a visit from the FBI for posting it here. I am a liberal with some influential relatives and inlaws. Don't tell me I'm clueless.

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/000973.htm

All these people wouldn't be angry with Norman Mineta (Democrat) if was agreeing with them.

Saboteur said:

Please tell me what you are saying here isn't that you genuinely think that the federal government would visit you because of an on line debate over airline security or because you have "influential" Democrats in your family.

If I am interpreting this correctly, three things...

1) There is a reason you have zero examples of anything like this ever happening under Bush- it's absurd.

2) Why on Earth would you make a point with such hysteria while trying to assert that you are NOT clueless?

3) The only thing I've ever seen that is anything like what you are suggesting actually happened under a Democrat. Gennifer Flowers (one of Slick Willy's numerous victims) actually got audited by the IRS while she was going public against him. The odds of that happening coincidentally go from incredibly distant to astronomical when you consider that the IRS almost never bothers investigating anyone in her income range.

Back
Top Bottom