• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats starting to panic

Obviously you do not follow the polls. Trump/GOP are getting crushed.

Rasmussen has Trump at a -12 approval rating and that's the usual polling site that has his highest rating numbers; them and Harris Interactive. If Rasmussen is showing a higher disapproval rating, then it there might be a problem.

Ok, I can respect your civility but disagree...
'We have to pass it to know what's in Pelosi' isn't bright enough to use reverse psychology.
The only reason she keeps getting elected is because of the Drain-CA. leftists who keep electing her.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. It doesn't take brilliance to manipulate the emotionally vulnerable, and reverse psychology is a pretty ubiquitous manipulation tactic: Mothers have been using it for all of recorded history. How many children does Nancy have?

He can give it at the Duma. That’s where it should be considering he works for Poots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you show me who banned Trump from holding his S of U. address there, and when?

:lol:

I'd really like to see iguanaman try to find something to support this nonsense he spouted about Trump being banned from holding his SOTU at the House chamber. She has already sent her invite.

So what's your point? That you believe a talking potato head when he tries to spin what's going on? Even if he has to lie?

telling Trump he's not welcome to give his annual State of the Union address in the House on Jan. 29

She said no such thing. In fact, later in that article the talking potato head actually tells the truth about what Nancy was saying...

Pelosi, who insisted she wasn't actually dis-inviting Trump...

So...again...what's your point?

Since Pelosi was a no show at the white house to try to compromise on the wall, democrats lose face and are starting to panic. That gave the President ammo to show that it is the democrats that are prolonging the shut down. Everyone can see this.

Not in a "panic" about Mueller, are we?

So what's your point? That you believe a talking potato head when he tries to spin what's going on? Even if he has to lie?

She said no such thing. In fact, later in that article the talking potato head actually tells the truth about what Nancy was saying...

She didn't dis-invite him. She did ask him to submit a written SOTU address to congress in lieu of a televised event. And no, she does not have the power to enforce this. I think it was a political ploy meant to irritate Trump into being recalcitrant in his SOTU address, which would play into the democrats' hands.

Nancy is the 3rd most powerful person in our Govt. according to the Constitution. Trump is only welcome in the Capital are her discretion. He is banned from holding his State of the Union there.

Actually I believe the invite was sent weeks ago....her recent letter is asking him to postpone the SOTU address.

Of course she could withdraw the invite, but that would add to the egg already on her face

But it is her call....

She didn't dis-invite him. She did ask him to submit a written SOTU address to congress in lieu of a televised event. And no, she does not have the power to enforce this. I think it was a political ploy meant to irritate Trump into being recalcitrant in his SOTU address, which would play into the democrats' hands.

Oh. Okay. You wanted to make a point that is irrelevant to anything I was talking about. Cool.

Moving on...

Meh. I think you misjudge her. She is not trolling Trump just to troll him. She is not him. That is what he does to people. She is a partisan through and through. No doubt there. And she does what she believes is in the best interest of the Democratic Party, as is her responsibility as a party leader. Agree or disagree with her, but there is no question on her effectiveness.

She's effective, but not necessarily in advancing our country.

Since Pelosi was a no show at the white house to try to compromise on the wall, democrats lose face and are starting to panic. That gave the President ammo to show that it is the democrats that are prolonging the shut down. Everyone can see this.

I realize I am most likely responding to a Russian bot and would have better luck talking to a television set but I couldn't help but notice, at the time I read this post, the only likes it had was from the other two Russian bots we have here at DP.

They label the bot "conservative or very conservative." That should anger the real conservatives. They are making those guys look pretty stupid by label identity.

Oh well. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

All I got to say about the Bot's post is...........

View attachment 67248137

She can’t stop him from giving a State of the Union address but she can certainly prevent it from being given in the House chambers. Both the House and the Senate have to pass a resolution “inviting” the President to give the address there at a particular date and time. Nancy could prevent such a resolution from being voted on. It would certainly be petty under normal circumstances. But with the government shutdown and the VERY high security requirements for a joint session SOTU address, her point has some logistical merit.

Just where in the Constitution does it say that. It only says the President will do so.

nancy is the 3rd most powerful person in our govt. According to the constitution. Trump is only welcome in the capital are her discretion. He is banned from holding his state of the union there.

bs!!!!!!

He doesn't have congressional floor priviliges except by invitation.:lamo

Again where does it say that. If he is to report to Congress, he has floor rights.

Don't you usually say that the messenger isn't the issue, it's the content. So why are you attacking the messenger calling them potato heads for the 100th time (your new phrase this past few months)?

What are your credentials compared to theirs Mycroft? I think if many of these credible journalists and expert guests on the news are referred to by you as "potato heads", I need to understand relative to that, how you measure up, since you're always giving your own opinion in these posts.

What's less effective and credible than a potato? Rutabaga head? Onion head? I'm open to suggestions there.

Don't you usually say that the messenger isn't the issue, it's the content. So why are you attacking the messenger calling them potato heads for the 100th time (your new phrase this past few months)?

What are your credentials compared to theirs Mycroft? I think if many of these credible journalists and expert guests on the news are referred to by you as "potato heads", I need to understand relative to that, how you measure up, since you're always giving your own opinion in these posts.

What's less effective and credible than a potato? Rutabaga head? Onion head? I'm open to suggestions there.

Remember you're talking to a President PotatoHead fan!:lamo

I am attacking this messenger FOR his content and I've expressed why his content should be dismissed.

You don't need to understand anything about me. Agree with me...or don't. Your choice.

"He's not welcome at the Capital!" Since when?

Where does her job description say she has the authority to stop a state of the union address?

Well, it IS her responsibility to invite the president to the House Chamber so I guess she can disinvite him as well.

I'm sure he is always welcome to hang out in the rotunda or visit turtle face.

I am attacking this messenger FOR his content and I've expressed why his content should be dismissed.
You don't need to understand anything about me. Agree with me...or don't. Your choice.
You don't need to call people potato heads either. But you do.
Onion it is.

Man, if this is democrats panicking it's gonna be wild when they have complete control of everything again.

Just where in the Constitution does it say that. It only says the President will do so.

There is no Constitutional requirement that the SOTU be given in the House chambers or on a specific date. So if the Speaker of the House doesn’t want it there then she just doesn’t put the resolution inviting the President up for a vote. The President can’t just go into the Capital building and do what he wants without Congressional consent any more than Nancy can do whatever she wants at the White House. They are separate and equal branches of government. Trump can give it in writing or he can do it on TV from the Oval Office.

There is no Constitutional requirement that the SOTU be given in the House chambers or on a specific date. So if the Speaker of the House doesn’t want it there then she just doesn’t put the resolution inviting the President up for a vote. The President can’t just go into the Capital building and do what he wants without Congressional consent any more than Nancy can do whatever she wants at the White House. They are separate and equal branches of government. Trump can give it in writing or he can do it on TV from the Oval Office.

A lotta onion-heads can't seem to wrap their heads around the idea that congress is equal to the executive branch (POTUS.) Nancy, if I understand it correctly, being the head of the House, that would make her the top-dog in congress. (There's an actual name for female dogs. Just thought I'd throw that in there.) And Comrade Trump, (f that's his REAL name) being the POTUS, he is the top-dog of the Executive Branch. Being the branches are separate and equal, by definition, that puts the two on somewhat of an equal footing.

True Trump cultists can't imagine ANYONE being equal to their Messiah. Especially a woman.

What ya gonna do? Can't fix stupid.

Just grin and bear it I suppose.

We're all in this together.

Back
Top Bottom