• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat's Spending Plans Don't Show Any Signs Of Sanity

Could have written this one myself:

The Dems know they have limited time with any kind of control. 2022 will cripple them and 2024 will finish the job. So they HAVE to go balls to the wall and damn the economy and the American people to get any of their liberal agenda items in place.

Trump's going to have a lot of work to do when he gets elected in 2024.

The Dems know they have limited time with any kind of control. 2022 will cripple them and 2024 will finish the job. So they HAVE to go balls to the wall and damn the economy and the American people to get any of their liberal agenda items in place.

Democrats are going to lose both the House and the Senate at the midterms but I wouldn't count on the 2024 presidency going red, either through Trump or someone else. Midterms are almost a guarantee. I wouldn't put any money on Trump if I were you.

Democrats are going to lose both the House and the Senate at the midterms but I wouldn't count on the 2024 presidency going red, either through Trump or someone else. Midterms are almost a guarantee. I wouldn't put any money on Trump if I were you.
If Trump chooses to run, he will certainly win in 2024...unless the haters find another way to commit election fraud. If he doesn't choose to run, then whomever he endorses will win.

The Dems have nobody to put up against Trump. Biden...he probably won't last THIS term. Harris...she is toxic, even to the Dems. There's nobody else with nation-wide support.

Dems have a number of ways to pay for their plans but Republicans reject all of them.

They prefer that the IRS focus on folks like you and me.

Nice.

If Trump chooses to run, he will certainly win in 2024...unless the haters find another way to commit election fraud. If he doesn't choose to run, then whomever he endorses will win.

The Dems have nobody to put up against Trump. Biden...he probably won't last THIS term. Harris...she is toxic, even to the Dems. There's nobody else with nation-wide support.
Personally, I think it would be in your own best interest to not take 2024 for granted. It is not anywhere near as much of a lock as you think it is. Both sides make the mistake in thinking they don't have to reach out to anyone on the other side or specifically the middle because they think they've already got it in the bag. The left certainly felt that way in 2016. Don't start popping the champaigne cork just yet. If you want to win the right can't act like a bunch of arrogant stupid fools because the middle is watching. One of the reasons Trump lost was because of his personality, insulting people, calling leaders names, and being an all around asshole (although I did like most of his policies and he was right on many things). Many presidents get elected because of their charisma and while Trump obviously has something, it is not charm.

Speaking of someone who has lost their sanity. The one term loser is done.

The article shows it's bias, but is correct about getting a grip on the deficit and subsequent borrowing. I believe it is also correct that the post covid economy needs no more govt stimulus. What isn't so correct imo is the attack on the need for infratstructure investment. The US desperately needs solid and continuing gdp growth to try and beat it's debt problem. Money is as cheap as it will ever get right now.

Gdp growth can come from population growth, export growth, increased internal consumption via borrowing, or productivity growth. Population growth has become socially undesirable as it comes from immigration, and mostly immigration from less developed countries these days. It also puts pressure on core infrastructure already suffering from prior underinvestment. Export growth from an expensive cost base is tough. Ongoing increased consumption from increased borrowing is a fast track to the next recession.

The jewel in the crown of gdp growth is to increase productivity by investing in the right infrastructure. Does thst mean that all the right items are in the Dems infra bill, maybe not, but infra investment is something that should happen now. Should really have started early in covid to create jobs and reduce the free money handouts.

Personally, I think it would be in your own best interest to not take 2024 for granted. It is not anywhere near as much of a lock as you think it is. Both sides make the mistake in thinking they don't have to reach out to anyone on the other side or specifically the middle because they think they've already got it in the bag. The left certainly felt that way in 2016. Don't start popping the champaigne cork just yet. If you want to win the right can't act like a bunch of arrogant stupid fools because the middle is watching. One of the reasons Trump lost was because of his personality, insulting people, calling leaders names, and being an all around asshole (although I did like most of his policies and he was right on many things). Many presidents get elected because of their charisma and while Trump obviously has something, it is not charm.
You are totally wrong about why Trump "lost".

Be that as it may, just like in 2016, Trump will appeal to ALL Americans...especially the middle class. That's why he won in 2016 and why he should have won in 2020. Trump has NEVER been arrogant toward the citizens...only toward the haters.

And yes...Trump does have "something". Something that the Dems do NOT have: The policies that are aimed for the benefit of Main Street USA.

You are totally wrong about why Trump "lost".

Be that as it may, just like in 2016, Trump will appeal to ALL Americans...especially the middle class. That's why he won in 2016 and why he should have won in 2020. Trump has NEVER been arrogant toward the citizens...only toward the haters.

And yes...Trump does have "something". Something that the Dems do NOT have: The policies that are aimed for the benefit of Main Street USA.
But the left have something too. They claim they have policies that are aimed for the benefit of Main Street USA and they are willing to add any amounts to our debt in order to benefit Main Street USA. Let's face it, when it comes down to the bottom line, the left try and buy our votes with freebies of all kinds and free money while the right try to bribe us with lower taxes.

But the left have something too. They claim they have policies that are aimed for the benefit of Main Street USA and they are willing to add any amounts to our debt in order to benefit Main Street USA. Let's face it, when it comes down to the bottom line, the left try and buy our votes with freebies of all kinds and free money while the right try to bribe us with lower taxes.

While the republicans are willing to add any amount to the countries debt to enrich the rich

history.gif

They aren't doing a thing to benefit Main Street. They are only benefiting those who's votes they want to buy...people like the unions, Chuck spoke of them specifically when he talked about adding a jobs program to the infrastructure bill...people like teachers, states are giving teachers stimulus checks even though they already got the same stimulus that everyone else got, and their checks are paid for out of that last multi-trillion stimulus package.

The only thing the Dems are doing to Main Street is taking away their jobs, causing skyrocketing inflation and consumer goods prices and reducing wages.

Hell, Psaki had to outright lie to the media the other day.

But just last Friday, BLS said this:

Median weekly earnings of the nation’s 113.6 million full-time wage and salary workers were $990 in the second quarter of 2021 (not seasonally adjusted), the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. This was 1.2 percent lower than a year earlier.

Seriously...don't ever believe the liars. Look at the facts.

Personally I think the bill should go directly to silicone valley. Let Zuckerberg, gates, Dorsey, bezos, and the like pay the freight for the spending that they colluded to saddle us with.

They aren't doing a thing to benefit Main Street. They are only benefiting those who's votes they want to buy...people like the unions, Chuck spoke of them specifically when he talked about adding a jobs program to the infrastructure bill...people like teachers, states are giving teachers stimulus checks even though they already got the same stimulus that everyone else got, and their checks are paid for out of that last multi-trillion stimulus package.

The only thing the Dems are doing to Main Street is taking away their jobs, causing skyrocketing inflation and consumer goods prices and reducing wages.

Hell, Psaki had to outright lie to the media the other day.

But just last Friday, BLS said this:

Median weekly earnings of the nation’s 113.6 million full-time wage and salary workers were $990 in the second quarter of 2021 (not seasonally adjusted), the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. This was 1.2 percent lower than a year earlier.”​

Seriously...don't ever believe the liars. Look at the facts.

Why are we not looking at seasonally adjusted numbers?

Do you see Republicans putting forth multi-trillion dollar spending bills one after another after another?

Yes.

Cutting taxes for the rich while running trillion dollar deficits.

Borrow the money and give it to the already wealthy

At least with democrats the country gets something for the money.

Regan and Trump both pushed hard st 'trickle down economics'. Both produced bouyant short term economies even more reliant on debt than when they started. Disasters. For whatever reason, it doen't work in the US and adds to income inequality and the social evils that contributes too.

Bidens main economic plan has some cohesive sense to it, but what is actually happening isn't the real core sensible, plan. Too much spending on non critical 'nice to haves'. Too much politics over not enough economic fundamentals. Biden, Pelosi, and effectively still McConnell. Not much hope to be had with those 3 holding power imo.

I think Trump has a better chance in 2024 then in 2020 and he only barely lost in 2020.

Trunk looks good and healthy, he’s lost weight, and taking away Twitter might have actually been a godsend for him.

And now he’ll know exactly how far the rot in the federal government goes, so if he gets re-elected in 2024 he can start firing people and hopefully would be smart enough to pull his cabinet from the Claremont institute instead of conservatism inc.

Spencer Klavan would be a great secretary of Ed, appoint Adrian Vermule to the Supreme Court, maybe assign Michael Anton to Secretary of Defense.

You do know that Trump added more to the national debt in a single term than any other President in history right?

If the majority of Americans go with the radical right in the next election then America has certainly lost it's way. All those ideals this country was founded on will be dead.

My hope is America will reject the outlandish policies the right and elect a democratic filibuster proof majority in the house and senate.

Not understanding the full benefits of wealth creation and then how NOT to use them ,are key clues when hunting down the Derangement Syndrome suffered by left type personalities .

Back
Top Bottom