• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats scream foul when an invader on the border dies.

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Yet when a criminal invader kills an American, they are stone quiet. Have you heard Pelosi or Schumer comment on the policeman killed by the criminal illegal in Calif. Have you heard Pelosi comment on Kate Steinle being killed by a criminal illegal, and then get off scott free????????????

You have links to some of these assertions, or should we just expect drive by rants?

Yet when a criminal invader kills an American, they are stone quiet. Have you heard Pelosi or Schumer comment on the policeman killed by the criminal illegal in Calif. Have you heard Pelosi comment on Kate Steinle being killed by a criminal illegal, and then get off scott free????????????

You have a very strange obsession with “criminal invaders”. Did it ever occur to you that these people are not all criminal, and most likely a very small percentage? What are you reading to make these conclusions? Let me give you an example. My husband who immigrated here from El Salvador in 1988 (at age 6) left his country because of constant violence in his hometown. His house was getting shot up on the daily, he watched his uncle get shot and die right before his innocent eyes. His mom did the right thing in bringing his family here, did she not? He has made an amazing life here, owns his own business, has college degrees and supports his family so I can be home with the kids. The hardest working man I’ve ever met. Did it ever occur to you that maybe some of the people trying to come into the US are just like my husband, fleeing from danger and to start a better life... and not criminals. Most of the people trying to claim asylum are in similar circumstances. It is human nature to run from danger. And coming to the border is literally their only way of trying to become a US citizen, so I don’t blame them for trying. This insane notion that they are all criminals trying to infiltrate our country is pure propaganda and you’re falling for all of it. All I’m asking you to do is try to change your point of view and don’t generalize and group all immigrants into the same “criminal” category. There are bad people in all parts of the world. If you are going to assume all Mexicans and Central Americans are evil, do you assume the same about Americans? I bet not. It’s asinine. Not everyone is evil, not everyone is bad, and no one should be blamed from fleeing danger and trying for a better life. Compassion.....try it sometime. It won’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a very strange obsession with “criminal invaders”. Did it ever occur to you that these people are not all criminal, and most likely a very small percentage? What are you reading to make these conclusions? Let me give you an example. My husband who immigrated here from El Salvador in 1988 (at age 6) left his country because of constant violence in his hometown. His house was getting shot up on the daily, he watched his uncle get shot and die right before his innocent eyes. His mom did the right thing in bringing his family here, did she not? He has made an amazing life here, owns his own business, has college degrees and supports his family so I can be home with the kids. The hardest working man I’ve ever met. Did it ever occur to you that maybe some of the people trying to come into the US are just like my husband, fleeing from danger and to start a better life... and not criminals. Most of the people trying to claim asylum are in similar circumstances. It is human nature to run from danger. And coming to the border is literally their only way of trying to become a US citizen, so I don’t blame them for trying. This insane notion that they are all criminals trying to infiltrate our country is pure propaganda and you’re falling for all of it. All I’m asking you to do is try to change your point of view and don’t generalize and group all immigrants into the same “criminal” category. There are bad people in all parts of the world. If you are going to assume all Mexicans and Central Americans are evil, do you assume the same about Americans? I bet not. It’s asinine. Not everyone is evil, not everyone is bad, and no one should be blamed from fleeing danger and trying for a better life. Compassion.....try it sometime. It won’t hurt.

Legal immigration and illegal immigration are very simple standards. One follows the law and the other just so happens to make you a criminal, save for being forced cross that border by your parents.

Truly foul (and reprehensible) is you attacking dead children.

Legal immigration and illegal immigration are very simple standards. One follows the law and the other just so happens to make you a criminal, save for being forced cross that border by your parents.

They are literally going to the border to claim asylum, which is legal. Most want a shot at legal immigration. This is not rocket science. If you were in their shoes you would be doing the same. Just so happens you are on the other side of the border and luckier and privileged. I will repeat what I said... I don’t blame anyone trying for a better life. I have heard one too many horror stories from my husband and his family and yes they came here legally but what makes you think others are not trying to do the same? To claim asylum you need to go to the border, which is what they are TRYING to do. Despite the constant threads I keep seeing that claim they are “intruders”, “criminals” etc that’s just wrong. In fact most immigrants are willing to work hard to earn a living and contribute to society. That often gets overlooked.

OP reminds me of this scene; just need to adjust the clock!

Apparently hundreds of people die trying to cross the border every year and that doesn’t seem to raise any comment from anyone. There were a couple of recent deaths of immigrant children in US custody which did raise (legitimate) questions.

Murders committed by illegal immigrants are being addressed by definition and generally get more attention that many of the other thousands of murders in the US every year, many symptomatic of other oft-overlooked issues (mental health care, management of released prisoners, homelessness etc.).

Of course, if you’re only interested in playing politics, the border is the place to focus on. :cool:

You have links to some of these assertions, or should we just expect drive by rants?

If you don't know this has happened multiple times then that's on you.

LMGTFY

In your first sentence, you indicate you dont know the law. If you cross the border without permission of the immigration office, yes you are a criminal invader. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW all those that cross our borders illegally in my book are cowards. Why dont they stay in their own countries and fix their political problems so no one has to leave.

Truly foul (and reprehensible) is you attacking dead children.

And Pelosi, Schumer, and other democrat dont seem to care if criminal invaders kill American.

They are literally going to the border to claim asylum, which is legal. Most want a shot at legal immigration. This is not rocket science. If you were in their shoes you would be doing the same. Just so happens you are on the other side of the border and luckier and privileged. I will repeat what I said... I don’t blame anyone trying for a better life. I have heard one too many horror stories from my husband and his family and yes they came here legally but what makes you think others are not trying to do the same? To claim asylum you need to go to the border, which is what they are TRYING to do. Despite the constant threads I keep seeing that claim they are “intruders”, “criminals” etc that’s just wrong. In fact most immigrants are willing to work hard to earn a living and contribute to society. That often gets overlooked.

Simple answer. Follow immigration laws, and get in line.

Those two are having a difficult time as it is in keeping lockstep with their agenda. If they deviated to allow truth they’d fall face down in their own puke.

And Pelosi, Schumer, and other democrat dont seem to care if criminal invaders kill American.
And your opinion justifies attacking dead children? Really, really low.

They don't scream foul every time an illegal immigrant on the border dies, though maybe they should. They do scream foul when a child in the custody of US Customs and Border Protection dies, and rightly so. And when an illegal immigrant murders a police officer, he is arrested and charged with murder, and rightly so. Why would you scream foul when a murderer is charged with murder?

They don't scream foul every time an illegal immigrant on the border dies, though maybe they should. They do scream foul when a child in the custody of US Customs and Border Protection dies, and rightly so. And when an illegal immigrant murders a police officer, he is arrested and charged with murder, and rightly so. Why would you scream foul when a murderer is charged with murder?
It is foul because the criminal invader SHOULD NOT have been here in the first place.

It is foul because the criminal invader SHOULD NOT have been here in the first place.

Granted, but it is impossible to keep every illegal immigrant out of the U.S. This combined with the fact that illegal immigrants commit violent crimes at a lesser rate than natural born Americans makes it hypocritical to scream foul about an illegal immigrant who commits a murder and not the thousands of Americans who commit murder every year. The only reason to do this that makes any sense is an irrational fear of immigrants.

Why would Nancy Pelosi comment on the trial of Kate Steinle's killer? Last I checked Congress isn't in charge of our judicial system. If you have a problem with the outcome of the trial of her killer, take it up with the person who is in charge of the judicial system - President Donald J. Trump.

And your opinion justifies attacking dead children? Really, really low.

They weren't children. They were invaders. Please, get it right. Every citizen of Trump Fan Nation is pooping in his adult diaper about those 7 year old invaders.

Back
Top Bottom