• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats Replace Debbie Wasserman Schultz With Clinton’s Pick To Run DNC

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Huh. I wonder if her loyalty is going to get her anything, or if she's not needed, now.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz has handed the day-to-day operations of the Democratic Party over to Clinton’s hand picked operator Brandon Davis.

Davis assumes the role of Chief of Staff, but in reality, he will be running the Democratic National Committee until a new Chairperson is selected at this year’s convention. He is currently the national political coordinator for the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). Wasserman-Schultz will retain her title in name only until the Democratic party votes on a successor....

Another thrown under the bus by Hilary. Interesting.

Huh. I wonder if her loyalty is going to get her anything, or if she's not needed, now.

Holy crap? You mean DWS wasn't insider enough so she got replaced with someone even further inside? Good heavens have much of an insider do you have to be to be considered a Hillary loyalist?

This is very typical. The candidate pretty much takes control of the DNC while running for president. Obama did the same thing in 2008. Helps to keep the DNC and the candidates campaign in unison.

But in general it wouldn't surprise me if DWS was gotten rid of entirely after this. No one seems to care too much for her.

Another thrown under the bus by Hilary. Interesting.

Holy crap? You mean DWS wasn't insider enough so she got replaced with someone even further inside? Good heavens have much of an insider do you have to be to be considered a Hillary loyalist?

No one was thrown under the bus. This is standard operating procedure. Read the article. DWS will likely just focus on raising donations while Clintons pick will make sure the DNC is in unison with the Clinton campaign. Obama did the same thing to Howard Dean in 2008, and Howard Dean knew thats the way it worked. The campaign puts someone that knows the campaign and that they trust in charge of the DNC to use the DNC's resources efficiently.

As we can see, you can only go inside half-way. The other half is you going out the other side. I'll miss her. She was the face of the DNC, and what a face it was.

As we can see, you can only go inside half-way. The other half is you going out the other side. I'll miss her. She was the face of the DNC, and what a face it was.

Yea a very hideous and ugly face.

Well, it wouldn't necessarily have to be one, but we all wear our personalities to some extent. That has always been her problem.

One never knows for sure, and I don't want to get into conspiracy theory territory, but seems to me this move might just be one of the prerequisites for Bernie Sanders to come out in support of Hillary Clinton. It's well known that Sanders and his campaign had a running battle with DWS throughout the primaries because of her manipulation of the process to favour Clinton. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was one of the bones tossed Sanders' way.

No one was thrown under the bus. This is standard operating procedure. Read the article. DWS will likely just focus on raising donations while Clintons pick will make sure the DNC is in unison with the Clinton campaign. Obama did the same thing to Howard Dean in 2008, and Howard Dean knew thats the way it worked. The campaign puts someone that knows the campaign and that they trust in charge of the DNC to use the DNC's resources efficiently.

DWS was already using DNC resources to bolster Hillary's campaign. It was actually one of the biggest complaints coming from Bernie's camp.

Well, it wouldn't necessarily have to be one, but we all wear our personalities to some extent. That has always been her problem.

Aside for her face, which is really neither here nor there, she's run up quite a string of factually incorrect, ridiculously extremist comments, and blatant propaganda.

She was running neck and neck with Pelosi in that race, but now, it seems, her race is over.

DWS was already using DNC resources to bolster Hillary's campaign. It was actually one of the biggest complaints coming from Bernie's camp.

So in other words, in Hillary's eyes, her usefulness has come to an end, so it's time to reward her for her efforts, and it's time to ditch her.

Yes, it's rewarding to work for the Clinton's. :roll:

One never knows for sure, and I don't want to get into conspiracy theory territory, but seems to me this move might just be one of the prerequisites for Bernie Sanders to come out in support of Hillary Clinton. It's well known that Sanders and his campaign had a running battle with DWS throughout the primaries because of her manipulation of the process to favour Clinton. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was one of the bones tossed Sanders' way.

Could well be. Or it can be something that is often seen in the business world. When you fire a bunch of people let them know who the hatchet man is. Then when all the turmoil is over, fire that peopson who everyone is mad at. Also like when the Mafia kills the hitman after he does his job.

Aside for her face, which is really neither here nor there, she's run up quite a string of factually incorrect, ridiculously extremist comments, and blatant propaganda.

She was running neck and neck with Pelosi in that race, but now, it seems, her race is over.

That she has lied repeatedly makes her an ugly person from my perspective, regardless of her physical appearance. It does appear she'll say and do nearly anything in order to promote her cause. If that's what it takes to be the chair of the DNC, they'd do well to reconsider their approach when selecting a spokesperson and try to get at least a little closer to the truth. Truthful arguments are persuasive enough for those that value it.

Could well be. Or it can be something that is often seen in the business world. When you fire a bunch of people let them know who the hatchet man is. Then when all the turmoil is over, fire that peopson who everyone is mad at.
Also like when the Mafia kills the hitman after he does his job

Heh. Then someone has to kill the guy that killed the guy....It's a wonder the Mafia has more than one person...

I am going to miss her. Every time she opened her mouth, she gave the DNC a black eye. I don't think the GOP could have wished for a better DNC chair. What if the DNC gets someone responsible now?

part of that pound of flesh Bernie extracted

Well, even though there were complaints, I've seen no evidence that any resources of the DNC were used to bolster Hillary. But regardless, that has nothing to do with this. This is standard procedure. The DNC obviously supports who ever is the nominee, but the campaign always puts in a surrogate to run the DNC in a way that they like during the campaign while the DNC chair goes out and campaigns and garners donations.

Bottom line is she burned too many bridges and she's lucky she wasn't fired outright and removed. That's what her loyalty earned her.

So in other words, in Hillary's eyes, her usefulness has come to an end, so it's time to reward her for her efforts, and it's time to ditch her.

Yes, it's rewarding to work for the Clinton's. :roll:

Maybe not. Isn't DWS on the short list for VP?

Maybe not. Isn't DWS on the short list for VP?

A ticket with 2 rich white women on it? That hardly seems a likely ticket to win. Wouldn't Hillary better her chances if she had a minority VP?

After all, we are talking about the party that panders that way.

Back
Top Bottom