• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Democrats raise the circus tents

easyt65

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What a Black Day for America, especially the blue-collar, working-class tax-paying American middle and lower classes!

Pelosi's 'assumptiuion of power' was a freaking circus, a gawdy display of braggadocious chest beating, a pagan celebration of regaining personal and party power in the face of those they are supposed to represent!

1st of all, I open my paper this morning to a picture of Pelosi holding her arm up, attempting to show her scrawny bicept, with the caption 'I have the power!' underneath!

#1. I told you so! This is all about party-1st, partisan politics of personal and party power! 'I have the power', not ' the people have the power back frim the GOP who let them down'. It is not about 'the people' to the Democrats! For Pelosi and her colleagues, it is all about their personal and party victory of getting the power back from the Republicans. The Americans they are supposed to be representing are an after-thought, at the MOST!

#2. Hypocrisy Takes Center Stage: As I finally get past the idiotic picture, I begin reading the story. The media in the 1st half of the article talked about how beautiful she looked in her $5,000 DESIGNER DRESS and her $1,000 DESIGNER SHOES! Can you imagine if an 'evil Conservative' had been elected and showed up wearing a $5,000 designer suit and wearing $1,000 designer shoes?! The media would not have talked about how good he/she looked - they would have ROASTED the GOP Rep alive: "$5,000 suit, $1,000 shoes!? What extravagence! What about the hard-working middle class and the poor! Oh, those evil Conservatives!" :doh BTW, the next time that the millionaire ex-trial attorney Edwards or Mrs-$5,000-designer-sdress Pelosi tells you they know how you feel and are there for you, try not to laugh! The only people they are 'there' for is themselves and their party!

#3. Cleanest Congress in History Just a quick reminder of who Pelosi tried to put into power before she even took over - an Impeached, Judge CONVICTED on multiple charges!

#4. The real story/The Democrat's 100 hours -- of BS legislation
Pelosi and the Democrats have promised 100 hours of new legislation now that they have taken over. So, why is it that while I am reading about how the Mexican Govt is handing out some 20,000 GPS units to assist more of their people INVADE this country and how a piece of legislation sits on the President's desk that will give all illegals a large chunk of our hard-earned Social Security, the article I am reading only mentions how good Pelosi looked in her 'queenly'/expensive attire and how the INVASION of the United States by Mexico is not even on the Democrats' itinerary of issues to look at?! Pelosi has made raising the Minimum Wage a higher priority than the INVASION going on. HE!!, the Mexicaninvasion isn't EVEN a priority of ANY kind! There is an article in today's paper about how our Natl. Guard on the border had to retreat from armed illegal gunmen that came accross and fired on the troops; yet, this story and the war that is going on bewteen Mexico and the USA is not even worthy of bringing up in the first 100 hours of their new agenda?!

I understand America wanted to punish the GOP for betraying their base, but in doing so I fear we have elected a far worse group, giving them the reins of our goverment! I just have this feeling that this is only beginning, that it will get much worse, and we, as a nation, are about to get bent over, rode hard, and put up wet! :(

Last edited:
And the GOP weren't guilty of playing partisan politics when they were in power?

And the GOP weren't guilty of playing partisan politics when they were in power?
Yes, and that makes it perfectly alright for everyone to do. :roll:
That's why we need election reform that gives third parties a chance, else we have this thing going on forever. They are merely two sides of the same coin. If you look at the important positions of each platform they tend to not be very different - or rather look different but lead to the same thing. Both are for big government, they just have different ideas on how to get to big government and which parts of it should be biggest. That isn't a choice, that's a scam.

I'm not justifying Democratic partisan politics. I'm merely pointing out that it is hypocritical to point out their partisan politics and then completely dismiss the partisan politics of the GOP.

I understand America wanted to punish the GOP for betraying their base, :(

What are you talking about? (Huge Scooby doo....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

Betraying their base?
The Republicans lost power BECAUSE of their base.
It was the Republican parties shift to the hard-core right wing which is now the base of their party that disillusioned the public.

True Republican conservatives no longer have a place in the Republican party...unless they are willing to shift the focus away from those principles and focus almost solely on promoting the hard-cord right-wing social policies of the religious right.

The Ds ran a platform of NOT doing that. It was part and parcel of every campaign that was ran. This means that they have the opportunity to keep their word or break it. From what I've seen, breaking thier word is the pattern that is emerging. But on the bright side, people aren't stupid and when they see that the Ds lied through thier teeth, 2008 will probably be a different story. You see most people hate being lied to more than anything else and when they see the Ds doing the Partisan Politics Shuffle, they are not going to like it. It's part of what screwed the Rs, a failure to follow through on thier promises (mainly fiscal conservatism and securing our borders). If you think that the Ds will simply get a pass on this, you're sadly mistaken.

There has never been any legal objection to anyone voting for whichever candidate they prefer.

If you do not want or like a two party system, then CHANGE IT.
VOTE in a third, fourth, fifth, sixth Party or whatever candidate you want.
But do not come on these blogs and simply moan, do something about it.
Tell your family, your friends, your workmates, whoever will listen.

What a Black Day for America, especially the blue-collar, working-class tax-paying American middle and lower classes!

Pelosi's 'assumptiuion of power' was a freaking circus, a gawdy display of braggadocious chest beating, a pagan celebration of regaining personal and party power in the face of those they are supposed to represent!

1st of all, I open my paper this morning to a picture of Pelosi holding her arm up, attempting to show her scrawny bicept, with the caption 'I have the power!' underneath!

#1. I told you so! This is all about party-1st, partisan politics of personal and party power! 'I have the power', not ' the people have the power back frim the GOP who let them down'. It is not about 'the people' to the Democrats! For Pelosi and her colleagues, it is all about their personal and party victory of getting the power back from the Republicans. The Americans they are supposed to be representing are an after-thought, at the MOST!

#2. Hypocrisy Takes Center Stage: As I finally get past the idiotic picture, I begin reading the story. The media in the 1st half of the article talked about how beautiful she looked in her $5,000 DESIGNER DRESS and her $1,000 DESIGNER SHOES! Can you imagine if an 'evil Conservative' had been elected and showed up wearing a $5,000 designer suit and wearing $1,000 designer shoes?! The media would not have talked about how good he/she looked - they would have ROASTED the GOP Rep alive: "$5,000 suit, $1,000 shoes!? What extravagence! What about the hard-working middle class and the poor! Oh, those evil Conservatives!" :doh BTW, the next time that the millionaire ex-trial attorney Edwards or Mrs-$5,000-designer-sdress Pelosi tells you they know how you feel and are there for you, try not to laugh! The only people they are 'there' for is themselves and their party!

#3. Cleanest Congress in History Just a quick reminder of who Pelosi tried to put into power before she even took over - an Impeached, Judge CONVICTED on multiple charges!

Pelosi and the Democrats have promised 100 hours of new legislation now that they have taken over. So, why is it that while I am reading about how the Mexican Govt is handing out some 20,000 GPS units to assist more of their people INVADE this country and how a piece of legislation sits on the President's desk that will give all illegals a large chunk of our hard-earned Social Security, the article I am reading only mentions how good Pelosi looked in her 'queenly'/expensive attire and how the INVASION of the United States by Mexico is not even on the Democrats' itinerary of issues to look at?! Pelosi has made raising the Minimum Wage a higher priority than the INVASION going on. HE!!, the Mexicaninvasion isn't EVEN a priority of ANY kind! There is an article in today's paper about how our Natl. Guard on the border had to retreat from armed illegal gunmen that came accross and fired on the troops; yet, this story and the war that is going on bewteen Mexico and the USA is not even worthy of bringing up in the first 100 hours of their new agenda?!

I understand America wanted to punish the GOP for betraying their base, but in doing so I fear we have elected a far worse group, giving them the reins of our goverment! I just have this feeling that this is only beginning, that it will get much worse, and we, as a nation, are about to get bent over, rode hard, and put up wet! :(

So now the Republicans are taking it on the chin like the democrats had to do for oh...12 years? And you want someone to feel sorry for them? HA...HAHA...HAHAHAHA!

What a Black Day for America,
Yes, because raising the min wage is horrible for the lowest classes.... :roll:

Can you provide a source that QUOTES her as saying "I have the power" Ive been unable to find anything on it, and it wasn't in my newspaper's article on the same subject.

#2. Hypocrisy Takes Center Stage:
As I finally get past the idiotic picture, I begin reading the story. The media in the 1st half of the article talked about how beautiful she looked in her $5,000 DESIGNER DRESS and her $1,000 DESIGNER SHOES! Can you imagine if an 'evil Conservative' had been elected and showed up wearing a $5,000 designer suit and wearing $1,000 designer shoes?! The media would not have talked about how good he/she looked - they would have ROASTED the GOP Rep alive: "$5,000 suit, $1,000 shoes!? What extravagence! What about the hard-working middle class and the poor! Oh, those evil Conservatives!" :doh BTW, the next time that the millionaire ex-trial attorney Edwards or Mrs-$5,000-designer-sdress Pelosi tells you they know how you feel and are there for you, try not to laugh! The only people they are 'there' for is themselves and their party!
No way of proving anything here. Your just making wild *** assumptions in the desperate attempt to make something out of nothing. Why am I not surprised. :roll:

#3. Cleanest Congress in History
Just a quick reminder of who Pelosi tried to put into power before she even took over - an Impeached, Judge CONVICTED on multiple charges!
I may still be forming my own opinions on the woman, but can you provide some sort of information on this other than the vague stuff here. At least give a name of the "impeached judge".

Could you be a little more over dramatic?
Mexicans firing on guardsmen? I haven't seen that article either, but Im not saying it doesn't exist. And don't go jumping to conclusions like an idiot, I don't agree with illegal immigration, that doesn't mean I have to go to the extreme and act paranoid about it either.

Amazing... my *** still hurts from the past 6 years of GOP rule....

Yes, because raising the min wage is horrible for the lowest classes.... :roll:

Why the hell would anyone try to make a living on minimum wage jobs?? If they are dumb enough to do that, then they deserve 5.15 an hour.

Why the hell would anyone try to make a living on minimum wage jobs?? If they are dumb enough to do that, then they deserve 5.15 an hour.

You obviously haven't met very many "street people".

You can talk like that because you probably have never been in the position where that is the best job you can get.

The Ds ran a platform of NOT doing that. It was part and parcel of every campaign that was ran. This means that they have the opportunity to keep their word or break it. From what I've seen, breaking thier word is the pattern that is emerging. But on the bright side, people aren't stupid and when they see that the Ds lied through thier teeth, 2008 will probably be a different story. You see most people hate being lied to more than anything else and when they see the Ds doing the Partisan Politics Shuffle, they are not going to like it. It's part of what screwed the Rs, a failure to follow through on thier promises (mainly fiscal conservatism and securing our borders). If you think that the Ds will simply get a pass on this, you're sadly mistaken.

George Bush ran on being a 'uniter.' It was a lie too.

Common lies we learn to recognize before we turn 18:

1) The check is in the mail
2) Don't stop baby, I won't come in your mouth
3) Every promise elected people made to get elected

There will be a list of liars to vote for in '08, just like in 2006. That seems to be the pattern.

You ought to give the new people a chance, though. This is only their first day, and nobody has died unnecessarily (yet) due to their actions. So there is hope. And since there's a first time for everything, maybe (cross your fingers) some of them will turn out to be honest.

The bottom line is most Americans are not using the minimum wage to make a living as the left want you to believe....Most of the people working for minimum wage are entry level people, high school kids, or senior citizens to supplement their retirement.

Its a big myth of the left that everyone working for minimum wage is trying to survive on it...........

Was this entirely necessary or forum appropriate?

There will be a list of liars to vote for in '08, just like in 2006. That seems to be the pattern.

The bottom line is most Americans are not using the minimum wage to make a living as the left want you to believe....Most of the people working for minimum wage are entry level people, high school kids, or senior citizens to supplement their retirement.

Its a big myth of the left that everyone working for minimum wage is trying to survive on it...........

Thats right...Nobody is surviving off of minimum wage. Cause its impossible.

Instead they are living with mommy and daddy, and still working 2-3 full time jobs in order to try to get out from under mommy and daddy's roof.

Minimum wage jobs are how we end up with 2-3 families living under one roof.

A little crude, I guess. But it is always on any list of big lies.
Including that but not "We're from the Government, and we're here to help"? Someone needs to get a better list :2razz:

I agree with jujuman13. It is time for a new party to kick these hacks out. Both party's are so full of corruption and scandal that wading through it all is not even worth the trouble. We just have to realize that power corrupts and with that knowledge go to the polls and kick out the old - bring in the new. And when the 'new' start forgetting who they answer to (the PEOPLE WHO ELECTED THEM, not lobbyists, special interests, the leaders of their party, etc) they can be thrown out too. If we went to the polls and voted out politicians who don't keep promises and don't rightly represent the people who put them in their position, we wouldn't have a 95% incumbancy rate of return in the Congress (or whatever ridiculous percentage it is currently at) and we would have more honest and trustworthy politicians who actually CARE what the common person thinks, and the only special interest they listen to is that of those same common people.

Instead they are living with mommy and daddy, and still working 2-3 full time jobs in order to try to get out from under mommy and daddy's roof.

Hmmmm, I wonder if Ms. Mornin is working for minimum wage?

While talking with audience participants, the president met Mary Mornin, a woman in her late fifties who told the president she was a divorced mother of three, including a 'mentally challenged' son.

The President comforted Mornin on the security of social security
stating that 'the promises made will be kept by the government.'

But without prompting Mornin began to elaborate on her life circumstances.

Begin transcript:

MS. MORNIN: That's good, because I work three jobs and I feel like I
contribute.

THE PRESIDENT: You work three jobs?

MS. MORNIN: Three jobs, yes.

THE PRESIDENT: Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic
that you're doing that. (Applause.) Get any sleep? (Laughter.)***

:(

1) The check is in the mail
3) Every promise elected people made to get elected

4) It's your baby.

There has never been any legal objection to anyone voting for whichever candidate they prefer.

No, but in the last election, the Democratcis party (or should I say 'Communist' or 'Fascist' party) sent out an army of lawyers who declared in an interview that there was only room enough in this country for a 2-party system and that part of their army's mission was to make sure it stayed that way! Excuse me, who made the Democratic Party the decision-maker on how many parties there should/can be in America?

The Democratic party's legal army then buried the Green Party, who had legally acquired enough votes to be placed on state ballots, under a mountain of BS law suits, tying them up inb the court and eliminating them from the ballot until after the election. (Funny how the law suits were dropped right after the election!) The Democratic Party had lost in the past because of members of their own party, fed up with the Ubre Left Wing Nut Jobs (like Pelosi and Kerry) who had hijacked their party, switched to 3 parties. The Democrats were going to make sure that was not an option, so they stripped thousands of Americans of their Constitutional Rights to representation by eliminating a 3rd party that had acquired the right - according to law - to be placed on ballots!

Hypocrisy? The 'Queen' of hypocrisy is onthe 'throne' now! Remember how she tried to attack DeLay by accusing him of taking A (ONE) trip paid for by lobbyists?! To her surprise, the ensuing iinvestigation was not limited JUST to DeLay but to everyone. The result of the investigation was the evidence that showed the Democrats were engaged in this activity FAR MORE than the GOP...and that Pelosi herself was the #1 violator, having gone on almost double-digit trips paid for by lobbyists. (Funny how the 100-hours of celebration over the DEM's victory, the cost reportedly running into the millions, was all paid for by Special interest groups that have contributed heavily in this last election for the DNC!)

Hypocrisy? Pelosi called the GOP the culture of corruption!
- Pelosi was the biggest violator of taking trips paid for by lobbyists.
- After being elected but before even taking power, Pelosi declared that she would run the 'cleanest Congress in history and then immediately nominated/backed the star of the FBI's Abscam investigation tapes, in which he declared he would be glad to take a bribe LATER, and an Impeached judge (who SHE helped Impeach) who had been CONVICTED on 3 seperate criminal charges for critical positions!
- Pelosi also forgets not only arguably the most corrupt Presidential administration in history (Clinton) whose scandals are STILL being felt more than 6 years after he has left office (Berger stealing and destroying evidence of more of Slick Willey's perjury - that he WAS briefed on Al Qaeda - and how little he did to protect the US), but Pelosi also forgets her history: There have only been 3 Presidents Impeached in U.S. History - ALL DEMOCRATS!

There's your 'Culture of Corruption', ant the Democrats are the 'standard-bearers' of/for hypocrisy!

BTW, nice dodge by the Dem-defenders. Good to see that politicians aren't the only Democrats dodging the question of why the new Democratic Party majority is not addressing the Mexican invasion or the war going on, as our troops were driven back my armed illegals coming across and firing on our troops - while Mexico is giving out thousands of GPS devices to its illegals to help them successfully invade the U.S.! No, the new majority - Nancy Pelosi - would rather stand before Congress in her $5,000 designer dress and $1,00 designer shoes, flexing her scrawny bicept, and talk about how she is going to help poor families by raising the minimum wage...becaue she feels their pain.

Oh, I know she and her fellow Rich Dem buddies who probably never worked a real job, especially for minimum wage, in their lives want to help, but raising the minimum wage is going to end up HURTING middle and low class people.

Example: The 'Mom&Pop' food store, a small family owned business in a small town, has 5 employees working for them. They make a descent profit, after taxes, paying the salaries of their employees, and paying for health care, insurance, etc for their workers. Pelosi stands up and tells America that the workers are getting hosed and need a higher minimum wage. The Democrats pass it. The salaries of the 'Mom&Pop' food store go up....except that now the 'Mom&Pop' food store can't afford to PAY the new salaries of all 5 emplyees. So, the 'Mom&Pop' food store has to fire one of its employees. Great , the Democrats just helped 4 workers make a little more money (most of the extra money being eaten by taxes, especially if the money is just enough to put them in a higher tax bracket), but they just cost 1 American their job. Now yout tax dollars gets to go to paying this guy un-employment, possibly medicare, foodstamps, etc. Hooray for the increase in the minimum wage. Oh, and there are hundreds of thousands of small privately owned businesses across America like the proverbial 'Mom&Pop' food store....and a lot of people going to be losing their jobs.....all thanks to the increased minimum wage designed to help the littel man....as proposed by a woman in a $5,000 designer dress and $1,000 designer shoes!

Yep, she's the most powerful woman in America.....aren't we lucky!?

By the way....here's the scary thought for the day:

If President Bush and Cheney both die, Pelosi is President. Wait - here is the scary part: If SHE dies, the next President-to-be in line for the White House is ex-KKK Grand Wizard Robert Byrd! :shock: Have a nice day!:2wave:

I'm not justifying Democratic partisan politics. I'm merely pointing out that it is hypocritical to point out their partisan politics and then completely dismiss the partisan politics of the GOP.

The Republicans said what they would do and did. There is nothing wrong with a party upholding it's principles and doing what the people who voted for them want them to do. The hypocracy is the Dems saying they would not when the fully intended to do so all along. And off of course this gross display of ego is hilliarious but dangerous at the same time. Pelosi is getting drunk with power and she will use it and crush anyone who stands in her way.

Why? Anyone with more than a high school education can get a job making more than minimum wage.

Why? Anyone with more than a high school education can get a job making more than minimum wage.

I only have a 9th grade education, though.
And I'm far from alone, there.

Back
Top Bottom