• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats raise more than $7 million in hours after leak of draft Supreme Court abortion opinion

what exactly do you know about the Federalist Society? I know four of the five founders very well. What do you think the religious backgrounds are of those founders? what do you think their views on abortion were/are?
Ugh, right on cue. More humble bragging from the most accomplished poster on the internet.

I know that the Federalist Society is succeeding in its decades old plot to stack the courts with so-called conservatives in order to undo generations of social advances.

"Republican groups, on the other hand, have mostly focused on the unprecedented leak of the draft opinion — or not engaged on the subject at all."

Oops. It would seem the GOP bit off more than it could chew in its relentless culture war. Despite all contrary odds they just gave the Democrats the advantage in the midterms.
Prepare to hear CRT chants turned up to 11. That's when they aren't front paging qanon conspiracies, projecting about all the pedophiles in their party.

Don't be so sure. The draft as written doesn't relegate this decision to the States even though many want to read that into it. They could have specifically stated the right lies with the States but they did not. They said "legislators" with no qualification as to Stae or Federal.
True. Congress could certainly pass a law ensuring abortion access, but it won't.

and yet the second amendment wasn't incorporated (ie supreme court action) until the last decade or so. And that was an enumerated and concrete part of the bill of rights. where is that same "right to abortion" or right to "bodily autonomy" that does not say overrule laws against using Schedule one narcotics etc
Roe's reasoning is clear. This Court doesn't agree with it. I don't think narcotics should be illegal.

All true. As for the rest.....this is not about the second

Mentioning the 2nd Amendment supports my point. The right to bear arms is safe because the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution guarantees it as a right. You do not have the same guarantee in regards to abortion.

True. Congress could certainly pass a law ensuring abortion access, but it won't.
They won't before November but........

They aren't, it is simply a deflection while they figure out what to do next. This is an excellent example of....be careful what you wish for. You may just get it!
The dog finally caught the car. And they will go for an unwanted ride.

Mentioning the 2nd Amendment supports my point. The right to bear arms is safe because the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution guarantees it as a right. You do not have the same guarantee in regards to abortion.
OK...but that and 2 bucks will buy you a cup of coffee as it relates to the issue we are discussing,

R's caught the car they've been chasing for 50 years. Now they don't know what to do with it other than to ignore the content of the opinion and focus on the leak.
The leak is important because it threatens the independence of the Judicial Branch. It threatens the concept of Separation of Powers...three separate but equal branches of government.

R's caught the car they've been chasing for 50 years. Now they don't know what to do with it other than to ignore the content of the opinion and focus on the leak.
Because in order to get what they wanted they had to lie, cheat, and steal. Not that they care about maintaining any appearance of dignity or decency.

Because in order to get what they wanted they had to lie, cheat, and steal. Not that they care about maintaining any appearance of dignity or decency.
Nah, they're still lying, cheating and stealing.

Roe's reasoning is clear. This Court doesn't agree with it. I don't think narcotics should be illegal.
read John Hart Ely's 1973 "the wages of crying wolf"

Roe's reasoning is hardly clear. The majority wanted to create a right and worked backwards to justify their actions

read John Hart Ely's 1973 "the wages of crying wolf"

Roe's reasoning is hardly clear. The majority wanted to create a right and worked backwards to justify their actions
Hmm. That's one interpretation.

That makes zero sense. The final document is due out in 4-6 weeks. Plenty of time to rile up the base before the midterms. This is something entirely different in my view but until the leaker is exposed and explains the reasons all we are doing is speculating based on talking heads and their preferred narrative.
It’s about leaking the initial draft so Roberts can’t push back on it.

"Republican groups, on the other hand, have mostly focused on the unprecedented leak of the draft opinion — or not engaged on the subject at all."

Oops. It would seem the GOP bit off more than it could chew in its relentless culture war. Despite all contrary odds they just gave the Democrats the advantage in the midterms.

That's not a lot of money, to be honest.

That's not a lot of money, to be honest.
It would seem that polls haven't changed much, but I do wonder what the effect will be if abortion is outlawed in states before the election.

I won't be gaslit by you. Republican legislatures around the country have made voting harder. If the Republican party had its way, there wouldn't be any gun restrictions at all.
But you are gaslit by the left!
Having safeguards to ensure the American voters Vote are not voided by Fraud is perfectly fine and should be wanted by US Voters !!!.....
It's no harder to Vote than to own a car, or by beer, so your false dilemma is too weak to be taken seriously!

Do you know that the Brady Bill was from a Rep? Do you know all the safeguards we have in place for "Controlling Guns" in America?
If you did you own research, and quit relying on the Liberal Media to spoon feed you their lies and propaganda you would not say most of the nonsense you are currently spewing!

But you are gaslit by the left!
Having safeguards to ensure the American voters Vote are not voided by Fraud is perfectly fine and should be wanted by US Voters !!!.....
It's no harder to Vote than to own a car, or by beer, so your false dilemma is too weak to be taken seriously!

Do you know that the Brady Bill was from a Rep? Do you know all the safeguards we have in place for "Controlling Guns" in America?
If you did you own research, and quit relying on the Liberal Media to spoon feed you their lies and propaganda you would not say most of the nonsense you are currently spewing!

I can't with you. You're talking to yourself. Happy Mother's Day to the moms in your life.

Back
Top Bottom