• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats raise more than $7 million in hours after leak of draft Supreme Court abortion opinion

Which thread do you think you're in?

A thread about the future repercussions for a political party for advocating a position on a political issue.

"Republican groups, on the other hand, have mostly focused on the unprecedented leak of the draft opinion — or not engaged on the subject at all."

Oops. It would seem the GOP bit off more than it could chew in its relentless culture war. Despite all contrary odds they just gave the Democrats the advantage in the midterms.
The DEM's know that Fear Mongering works best on Libs ;)

You do know that the real argument(s) have not yet been made so you can't really engage in the topic until you know what the topic is exactly.
But the Fact that there are criminals in Government who will break secrecy laws just because they have a Bias IS something you can engage in!

You're just trying to justify trying to shoehorn something into this conversation. Carry on.

No, you're just trying to enjoy a one-way echo chamber (in a political debate forum, no less).

There's no shoehorning going on here.

The Dems really need to get their collective asses together on this one.......good luck with that!
"I don't belong to any organized political party. I'm a Democrat."
-Will Rogers-

You do know that the real argument(s) have not yet been made so you can't really engage in the topic until you know what the topic is exactly.
But the Fact that there are criminals in Government who will break secrecy laws just because they have a Bias IS something you can engage in!
And the Repugs know that instilling fear and outrage in their support base ensures loyalty. Trump made a brief political career out of fearmongering.

Wealthy donors were always going to fill the coffers regardless of the reason. That doesn’t translate into a midterm advantage. In fact, there’s a shocking apathy to this right now. I mean, where are the endless hordes we saw take to the streets in 2020? There are protests, but it’s a handful of people with vajayjay hats.
Give 'em a few days. Imo.

Oops. It would seem the GOP bit off more than it could chew in its relentless culture war. Despite all contrary odds they just gave the Democrats the advantage in the midterms.
So the plan is working?

It is also adorable that you and others actually seem to believe this. This issue will not even move the needle. I showed in the other topic how far down the list of priorities this issue is, not even 1% ranked it as a top issue. So maybe they double it and 2% (already voting democrat) rank it as a top issue.

Nearly everyone "upset" with this APPARENT decision, already votes democrat. Maybe it will increase turnout a little, maybe.

It won't be enough to offset the others near the middle that are more concerned with the economy.

So the plan is working?

It is also adorable that you and others actually seem to believe this. This issue will not even move the needle. I showed in the other topic how far down the list of priorities this issue is, not even 1% ranked it as a top issue. So maybe they double it and 2% (already voting democrat) rank it as a top issue.

Nearly everyone "upset" with this APPARENT decision, already votes democrat. Maybe it will increase turnout a little, maybe.

It won't be enough to offset the others near the middle that are more concerned with the economy.
Because on a day-to-day basis it's not "a top issue." That doesn't mean it won't galvanize people.

Wealthy donors were always going to fill the coffers regardless of the reason. That doesn’t translate into a midterm advantage. In fact, there’s a shocking apathy to this right now. I mean, where are the endless hordes we saw take to the streets in 2020? There are protests, but it’s a handful of people with vajayjay hats.
I don’t know the last time they had massive protest in the streets, the government was shooting people. Maybe people got burned out and are organizing Because this isn’t going to change anything at the Supreme Court us that’s why the conservatives on the court leaked it

Looks like the left suddenly remembered how to define what a woman is.

And the Repugs know that instilling fear and outrage in their support base ensures loyalty. Trump
It was not fear, but shedding light on how Corrupt the DC Status Quo is and how the Media help brain washed the Sheeple to keep the cycle of "Lesser of 2 Evils" intact !

Also note that telling the truth, and stating facts can only instill fear or outrage if there is something to truly be fearful or outraged about !
Just because the Liberal Media, gaslights you, and hides the Truth from those who listen to them, does not change "FACTS" !!!

You need to realize that when the DEM/DC Status Quo create Chaos the media are going to lie and manipulate you so you will be happy and accept the ensuing insanity!

FYI: Trump did so much good in his first term that the DEM-REP Monopoly couldn't stand that Americans would see a Politician(s) doing good for The People instead of for the Swamp! This is in part why you think he "made a brief political career out of fearmongering".

For example of Trump vs. Biden coverage, just look at Crime and Covid!
Under Biden Crime has gone up by ~ 25% in >1yrs!.... How is that? If Trump was soooo bad and Biden was soooo Wonderful?
There's no outrage / media coverage telling how the world is going to end and Biden is the worst ever because how unsafe America is???....

Covid was so dangerous that Americans had to stay home, Wear Masks, social distance, get vaccinated(Experimental Gene Therapy) to fly ect.....
But Biden STOPPED checking illegals for Covid and just let 100,000's just enter in to America without any safeguards!!!!....... (Is the Caller there?)
If covid is so important to the media, cdc, who, the DEM's, Biden et al.... Why isn't it a national security risk to have 10,000 illegals with Covid allowed to roam freely in any American Community, going to public schools with American children ???.....
If covid is so important to the media, cdc, who, the DEM's, Biden et al.... Why isn't it a national security risk to have 10,000 illeagls with Covid allowed to roam freely in any American Community, going to public schools with American children ???.....

The depth of voter disquiet about the economy also suggests that a potential backlash against the Supreme Court possibly overturning the nationwide right to abortion may not save Democrats in November.

CNN seems to think that this isn't as important as the economy, and point out polls remain negative for Biden. Guess we'll see.

I did make the connection. You just decided to ignore 2/3 of my comment and focus on the least relevant part of it.

The point is: There is nothing remarkable about one side getting a bump after the other side wins on a controversial issue, or even after they try to win on the issue and fail. Everybody knows that there is a trade-off. Republicans may have traded some gains in 2022/2024 for a nearly total win on one of their most important issues. And now we know that Democrats basically traded what should have been win on abortion for continuing to lose on gun control.
I still don't understand what gun control has to do with abortion, but that's ok.

I don't agree with that. The leak was improper, but that's nothing compared to removing half a century of women's rights.

So the plan is working?

What plan? Democrats rarely have a plan. That's why they're so good at losing. I think, though, that Republicans will pay a price for dehumanizing women. They should try to overturn Obergefell too.

What plan? Democrats rarely have a plan. That's why they're so good at losing.
The plan to rile up their base for the midterms. That is obviously what this is all about. They may gain a bit at the margins, but still gonna lose big time.

I think, though, that Republicans will pay a price for dehumanizing women.
Such drama!

They should try to overturn Obergefell too.
More strawman nonsense. Let me guess miscegenation laws are next right?

Back
Top Bottom