• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats raise more than $7 million in hours after leak of draft Supreme Court abortion opinion

The $46 million donated following RBG’s death occurred in the day after the news broke. $7 million raised so far is way behind that mark. You’d have known that if you’d read the information provided.
You haven't made a point, so I don't care. My premise is not that fundraising is breaking records. It's that the kkkult ****ed up and will hopefully pay a handsome price.

I'm not sure I follow. The SC draft is due to guns 9 years ago?

Clinton lost the 2016 election by a thin margin (about 11k votes in MI, 44k in PA and 23k in WI). There's a good chance it would have gone the other way if she'd shut her mouth about gun control, and almost a guarantee if she actually came out more in favor of gun rights.

They're going to need a whole lot more than that.

Clinton lost the 2016 election by a thin margin (about 11k votes in MI, 44k in PA and 23k in WI). There's a good chance it would have gone the other way if she'd shut her mouth about gun control, and almost a guarantee if she actually came out more in favor of gun rights.
That isn't even slightly relevant to this thread.

Wealthy donors were always going to fill the coffers regardless of the reason. That doesn’t translate into a midterm advantage. In fact, there’s a shocking apathy to this right now. I mean, where are the endless hordes we saw take to the streets in 2020? There are protests, but it’s a handful of people with vajayjay hats.
7 million in a few hours from independent donations...isn't wealthy people that always donate anyway...and yeah, it kind of translates for trouble for the GOP....there are Conservatives that are also pro choice....not just folks on the left.

It's just started. When women get motivated on an issue they can change outcomes. I think some on the right are underestimating the importance of this in terms of energizing women. I think this pulls those educated, suburban women back to the Dems and certainly revitalizes the younger voters. University age women and unmarried educated women in their 20s will be motivated and that includes conservative leaning young women.

November was looking very bad for Dems but it just changed a lot. While many issues are best left to the States the fundamental right of freedom of choice makes this a National issue. It maybe not be enough for the House although those swing districts likely just swung back but I think it could very well secure the Dem Senate. We'll see but a lot of people understand that while inflation may be transitory this issue is not.

Last edited:
Just get off your asses and VOTE in November

PUNISH the filthy, hypocritical republican taliban HARD in voting booths across the country... (y) 🇺🇸
they should get out the vote so hard it makes the 2020 voting numbers look pail compared to it
that is just what the dems have to do push it and push it and push it and show their discontent with what the Right has been trying to do,
Have a nice day

Of course it is.
Hillary Clinton's position on guns a decade ago is relevant to Democratic fundraising last night? Whatever. I'm tired and not interested in this bizarre tangent.

The Dems really need to get their collective asses together on this one.......good luck with that!

Hillary Clinton's position on guns a decade ago is relevant to Democratic fundraising last night? Whatever. I'm tired and not interested in this bizarre tangent.

It's not a "bizarre tangent." It's directly on point. Perhaps you're too "tired" to make the obvious connection.

It's just started. When women get motivated on an issue they can change outcomes. I think some on the right are underestimating the importance of this in terms of energizing. I think this pulls those educated, suburban women back to the Dems and certainly revitalizes the younger voters. University age women and unmarried educated women in their 20s will be motivated and that includes conservative leaning young women.

November was looking very bad for Dems but it just changed a lot. While many issues are best left to the States the fundamental right of freedom of choice makes this a National issue. It maybe not be enough for the House although those swing districts likely just swung back but I think it could very well secure the Dem Senate. We'll see but a lot of people understand that while inflation may be transitory this issue is not.
I agree. History has not been kind to taking away the rights of Americans. I think the right overplayed its hand here even though we all saw it coming.

It's not a "bizarre tangent." It's directly on point. Perhaps you're too "tired" to make the obvious connection.
Maybe. On the other hand, you haven't even tried to make the connection yourself and I'm under no obligation to do it for you.

Maybe. On the other hand, you haven't even tried to make the connection yourself and I'm under no obligation to do it for you.

I did make the connection. You just decided to ignore 2/3 of my comment and focus on the least relevant part of it.

The point is: There is nothing remarkable about one side getting a bump after the other side wins on a controversial issue, or even after they try to win on the issue and fail. Everybody knows that there is a trade-off. Republicans may have traded some gains in 2022/2024 for a nearly total win on one of their most important issues. And now we know that Democrats basically traded what should have been win on abortion for continuing to lose on gun control.

Just think how many abortions liberals could pay with that.
If conservatives got what they wanted, the answer would be zero, right?

Wealthy donors were always going to fill the coffers regardless of the reason. That doesn’t translate into a midterm advantage. In fact, there’s a shocking apathy to this right now. I mean, where are the endless hordes we saw take to the streets in 2020? There are protests, but it’s a handful of people with vajayjay hats.
The protests you refer to were about police reform. We don't need protests this time around. We need to vote in numbers never seen before. I doubt anything will change the decision the court is about to make. These protests are just for show. The real protest comes in November.

Isn't it rather telling that republicans are more worried about the leak than the ruling? Rat bastards.
They aren't, it is simply a deflection while they figure out what to do next. This is an excellent example of....be careful what you wish for. You may just get it!

You haven't made a point, so I don't care. My premise is not that fundraising is breaking records. It's that the kkkult ****ed up and will hopefully pay a handsome price.
The point is that the current fundraising over the leaked draft means basically nothing. It’s nothing more than a fart in a tornado.

“The modest totals this week, based on a POLITICO analysis of the ActBlue donation tracker, are an early sign that Democrats can’t count on abortion to single-handedly turn around a midterm cycle that’s already trending badly for them. Interviews with more than a dozen Democratic pollsters and strategists Tuesday detailed a scramble within the party to parse how the seismic disclosure might affect base enthusiasm and reshape messaging ahead of the midterms — now that a theoretical threat has become real.”

Which thread do you think you're in?

Back
Top Bottom