• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats load "subpoena cannon" with 85+ Trump targets

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.axios.com/democrats-loa...305-15ae31a7-4954-4e3a-bf3e-fc836be149ea.html

House Democrats plan to probe every aspect of President Trump’s life and work, from family business dealings to the Space Force to his tax returns to possible "leverage" by Russia, top Democrats tell us.

What they're saying: One senior Democratic source said the new majority, which takes power in January, is preparing a "subpoena cannon," like an arena T-shirt cannon.
======================================
I hope they don't take this too far & risk screwing up the 2020 election.

https://www.axios.com/democrats-loa...305-15ae31a7-4954-4e3a-bf3e-fc836be149ea.html

House Democrats plan to probe every aspect of President Trump’s life and work, from family business dealings to the Space Force to his tax returns to possible "leverage" by Russia, top Democrats tell us.

What they're saying: One senior Democratic source said the new majority, which takes power in January, is preparing a "subpoena cannon," like an arena T-shirt cannon.
Sounds like they already have. They've gone nucking futs. I'm wondering where they're going to get the personnel and resources to do all this stuff.

Americans have very short memories. They ain't screwin' **** up if they quiet down by the summer of '20

Trump makes a too tempting target based on his last 2 year performance.

They're no such thing as taking things too far right now.

Republicans have played politics with subpoena power for decades, harassing Democratic WH's to no end, and being rewarded by their voting base for doing so.

We wanted Democrats to play Republicans at their own game, now lets not complain if we get it.

Dems are self immolating with radical factions that they can't control. I think Kavanaugh was just a taste of what's to come.

Sounds like they already have. They've gone nucking futs. I'm wondering where they're going to get the personnel and resources to do all this stuff.

Yeah they could go full retard and try to investigate the president on a blow job or something..........wait, I think the GOP have already gone full retard in the past.

About time we drain the swamp.

Yeah they could go full retard and try to investigate the president on a blow job or something..........wait, I think the GOP have already gone full retard in the past.
Bbbbbbbut that was a Democrat, so it's different.:lol:

You mean something like lying to Congress and obstruction of justice?

Economy?
Infrastructure?
Killings every weekend in Chicago?

Buncha hooey! We need to waste taxpayer dollars on a Democrat-sponsored Hate Trump Festival!

You mean something like lying to Congress and obstruction of justice?

Lying about a blow job. Now don't get me wrong, I think Clinton should have given the middle finger to Starr and said, "Yeah I got a blow job, that isn't illegal" and then Starr would have been reduced to a sniveling idiot for even bringing it up. However, it was still investigating a BLOW JOB between TWO CONSENTING ADULTS. No matter how you slice it, it was a TRUE witch hunt.

BTW, if you think lying about a blow job is obstruction of justice (really?) than I can't wait for Trump to be forced to testify under oath and let loose the lies that asshole has lol

Lying about a blow job. Now don't get me wrong, I think Clinton should have given the middle finger to Starr and said, "Yeah I got a blow job, that isn't illegal" and then Starr would have been reduced to a sniveling idiot for even bringing it up. However, it was still investigating a BLOW JOB between TWO CONSENTING ADULTS. No matter how you slice it, it was a TRUE witch hunt.

BTW, if you think lying about a blow job is obstruction of justice (really?) than I can't wait for Trump to be forced to testify under oath lol.
Are you trying to convince yourself? 'cause you ain't convincing me.

If Republicans had actually exercised their Congressional oversight duties for the last two years instead of giving trump permission to do any damn thing he wanted then the task would not have had to fall on Democrats. This is entirely the Republicans' fault.

Good, the malfeasance and incompetence of this administration needs to be thoroughly investigated.

Are you trying to convince yourself? 'cause you ain't convincing me.

I have no need to convince you, what I said is flat out truth and others can see that. If you think lying about a blow job under oath is bad, wait to see what happens when Trump get put under oath. Let's see you defend those lies :lamo

If Republicans had actually exercised their Congressional oversight duties for the last two years instead of giving trump permission to do any damn thing he wanted then the task would not have had to fall on Democrats. This is entirely the Republicans' fault.
Total bull****. This is just an extension of the Trump Derangement Syndrome madness that has permeated otherwise nominally sane lefties. It's like a brain-eating virus run amok in the Democratic party.

I have no need to convince you, what I said is flat out truth and others can see that. If you think lying about a blow job under oath is bad, wait to see what happens when Trump get put under oath. Let's see you defend those lies :lamo
Keep trying, it ain't working.

Given how the Senate Democrats took it 'too far" and did screw it up with the Kavanaugh hearings, you are right to worry, but I think it's pretty much guaranteed the House Democrats are going to do exactly the same thing; go too far and screw up the 2020 election.

Put it another way.

The Democrat base is set to go too far, demanding to go to far, in fact, based on nothing more substantial than 'Hate Trump' and destroy Trump 'by any means necessary'. Congressional Democrats who don't comply and do so are going to find themselves voted out in short order in favor of those that will. This puts those congressional Democrats in a tough spot. Are they going to do the 'right' thing? Or not? Based on the behavior shown in during the Kavanaugh hearings, seems unlikely that they would do the 'right' thing.

Total bull****. This is just an extension of the Trump Derangement Syndrome madness that has permeated otherwise nominally sane lefties. It's like a brain-eating virus run amok in the Democratic party.

Sorry, "trump derangement syndrome" isn't a legal theory for refusing to respond to subpoenas.

I wasn't the blow job. Who gives a ****?
It was the lying under oath. Everyone should give a **** about that.

Well we'll see what you have to say when Trump lies under oath.

They know that but want to act like poor Bill was a victim and got impeached for being a philandering pig.

Sorry, "trump derangement syndrome" isn't a legal theory for refusing to respond to subpoenas.
Rest easy, I don't think you'll be subpoenaed.

Back
Top Bottom