• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats Leave Benghazi Hearing Before Testimony From Families of Victims [W:37]

Slyhunter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
During the second portion of a House Oversight and Government Reform hearingabout Benghazi Thursday on Capitol Hill, the majority of Democrats on the Committee left the room and refused to listen to the testimony of Patricia Smith and Charles Woods. Ms. Smith is the mother of Sean Smith, an information management officer killed in the 9/11 Benghazi attack. Charles Woods is the father of Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, who was also killed.
Spitting on Their Graves: Democrats Leave Benghazi Hearing Before Testimony From Families of Victims - Katie Pavlich
BUjICCVCcAAoeIY.jpg

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The far side of the room, shown empty in the photo, belongs to the Democrats. The only Democrats who stayed were Ranking Member Elijah Cummings and Rep. Jackie Speier.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Who do these Democrats represent? Not me, not We the people. We need to vote these arrogant assholes out of existence.[/FONT]

Re: Democrats Leave Benghazi Hearing Before Testimony From Families of Victims

I suspect thats how the Dems felt when Republicans mocked the families of the Sandy Hook victims in the media and then left the hearing prior to their testimony.

"....Begg and Heslin were not questioned by Republican senators, as all but Graham had left the hearing prior to their testimony...."

Courthouse News Service

I suspect thats how the Dems felt when Republicans mocked the families of the Sandy Hook victims in the media and then left the hearing prior to their testimony.

"....Begg and Heslin were not questioned by Republican senators, as all but Graham had left the hearing prior to their testimony...."

Courthouse News Service
Not the same thing. They aren't trying to steal away our second amendment rights but deserve honest answers to honest questions.

Not the same thing. They aren't trying to steal away our second amendment rights but deserve honest answers to honest questions.

Well, Republicans were trying to steal away the first amendment rights of the Sandy Hook families to petition the government to address their grievences. Since when did the second amendment trump the first? The insults, mockery and outright disrespect was disgusting. At least the democrats didn't stoop that low and do to Patricia Smith and Charles Woods what the republicans did to the Sandy Hook families.

Anyway, the democrats probably saw all they needed to see from Patricia Smith and Charles Woods on FoxNews and didn't feel like sitting through another one of the republican's kabuki theater hearings.

Courthouse News Service
Ok, let me ask you this. Is it your contention that because the Republicans did it, that it's ok for the Democrats to do it too? I mean, that *is* your premise.

(Just trying to understand what prompts Democrat actions and figure out to whom do they look for their reasons to do things).

BUjICCVCcAAoeIY.jpg

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The far side of the room, shown empty in the photo, belongs to the Democrats. The only Democrats who stayed were Ranking Member Elijah Cummings and Rep. Jackie Speier.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Who do these Democrats represent? Not me, not We the people. We need to vote these arrogant assholes out of existence.[/FONT]
For the record, these are the Democrats who refused to listen to the parents of those Americans:

DEMOCRATS
Rep. Carolyn Maloney (NY-14)
Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.)
Rep. John Tierney (MA-6)
Rep. Wm. Lacy Clay (MO-1)
Rep. Stephen Lynch (MA-9)
Rep. Jim Cooper (TN-5)
Rep. Gerald Connolly (VA-11)
Rep. Matt Cartwright (PA-17)
Rep. Mark Pocan (WI-2)
Rep. Tammy Duckworth (IL-8)
Rep. Danny K. Davis (IL-7)
Rep. Peter Welch (VT)
Rep. Tony Cardenas (CA-29)
Rep. Steve Horsford (NV-4)
Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham (NM-1)

Courthouse News Service

that story was debunked
the father asked a question and it was answered after a pause and him claiming no one had an answer. it was an edited tape to make the members of the audience look like they was heckling and that was far from the truth

watch the unedited tape

Well, Republicans were trying to steal away the first amendment rights of the Sandy Hook families to petition the government to address their grievences. Since when did the second amendment trump the first? The insults, mockery and outright disrespect was disgusting. At least the democrats didn't stoop that low and do to Patricia Smith and Charles Woods what the republicans did to the Sandy Hook families.

Anyway, the democrats probably saw all they needed to see from Patricia Smith and Charles Woods on FoxNews and didn't feel like sitting through another one of the republican's kabuki theater hearings.

I don't give a rats ass if they, you, or anyone think this is a witch hunt unfair hearing for nothing but political gains. that is not the point the point is you show respect to the parents of the brave sons who lost their lives trying to protect this nation and there fellow man. And all those disgusting, heartless, disrespectful, arrogant, POS Democrats spit on those brave soldiers graves and gave a finger to the grieving parents and you should be ashamed or your self defending them

POS Democrats spit on those brave soldiers graves and gave a finger to the grieving parents and you should be ashamed or your self defending them

Are you angry at the Republicans also? of the 24 on the panel, only 6 of them were there for the parent's testimony. Many of them had to leave for votes and other committee assignments, just like the Democrats.

I swear, the republican base is so ****ing stupid it's insane.

Are you angry at the Republicans also? of the 24 on the panel, only 6 of them were there for the parent's testimony. Many of them had to leave for votes and other committee assignments, just like the Democrats.

I swear, the republican base is so ****ing stupid it's insane.
Apparently you fail to see the obvious difference between having other responsibilities and specifically, intentionally refusing to hear their testimonies. I wish I could help you out there to understand the distinction, but I'm so ***ing stupid I'm probably the only one of the two of us who gets it anyway.

Apparently you fail to see the obvious difference between having other responsibilities and specifically, intentionally refusing to hear their testimonies. I wish I could help you out there to understand the distinction, but I'm so ***ing stupid I'm probably the only one of the two of us who gets it anyway.

The problem is that you assume one side did it because of good reasons and one side did it with a bad reason, and you assume that with no evidence.

And yes, if you buy into all this bull****, then you fall into that category.

The problem is that you assume one side did it because of good reasons and one side did it with a bad reason, and you assume that with no evidence.

And yes, if you buy into all this bull****, then you fall into that category.
Hey, you're the one who noted the Republicans who weren't there were absent because, and I quote, "many of them had to leave for votes and other committee assignments."

If you read up on it a bit, you'll note that the Democrats all left in protest of the hearings, believing the Benghazi hearings a waste of time, which is why they refused to listen to the family's testimonies.

Either way you look at it, it's about as scummy thing as can be done - paid civil servants whose ostensible duty is to protect the interests and lives of those who protect their precious fannies, who just arrogantly could care less about the deaths of those Americans and weren't the least bit ashamed to demonstrate it before the American people.

Hey, you're the one who noted the Republicans who weren't there were absent because, and I quote, "many of them had to leave for votes and other committee assignments."

If you read up on it a bit, you'll note that the Democrats all left in protest of the hearings, believing the Benghazi hearings a waste of time, which is why they refused to listen to the family's testimonies.

Either way you look at it, it's about as scummy thing as can be done - paid civil servants whose ostensible duty is to protect the interests and lives of those who protect their precious fannies, who just arrogantly could care less about the deaths of those Americans and weren't the least bit ashamed to demonstrate it before the American people.

this is probably the 10th or 11th hearing specificly about Benghazi.

this is probably the 10th or 11th hearing specificly about Benghazi.
And were it not for the administration purposely stonewalling the American people about what happened, we'd never have to have had more than 3. One to get the information. One to determine culpability. And one to determine punishment. But when the Democrat response is "What does it matter?!!!" it shouldn't be at all surprising why they've dragged it out for so long.

And were it not for the administration purposely stonewalling the American people about what happened, we'd never have to have had more than 3. One to get the information. One to determine culpability. And one to determine punishment. But when the Democrat response is "What does it matter?!!!" it shouldn't be at all surprising why they've dragged it out for so long.

What exactly are the Republicans trying to accomplish! Why didn't the Republicans hold hearing about the same things that happened under Bush 2? This is another one of the Issa hack jobs. Just like Fast and Furious (that was started under the last President) this will go nowhere. Just like the votes on AFA it is insanity at it finest.

What exactly are the Republicans trying to accomplish! Why didn't the Republicans hold hearing about the same things that happened under Bush 2? This is another one of the Issa hack jobs. Just like Fast and Furious (that was started under the last President) this will go nowhere. Just like the votes on AFA it is insanity at it finest.
1) Bush didn't have a Benghazi - and if he did and behaved as the Democrats are behaving now, then he'd be just as guilty as they are now of disdain for Americans.
2) Issa isn't acting alone - he's acting (as he ought to, mind you) as the elected representative of millions of Americans - like myself - who are DEMANDING we be holding these hearings be cause Americans want to know why this administration could care less about the lives of 4 Americans - 4 Americans who, comparatively, are of much greater value to this nation than any of us - which means if this administration, if the current Democrat party could care less about them, then by extension they care even less about us.
3) Fast and Furious was NOT started under Bush. Project "Gunrunner" was, but that isn't the same as Fast and Furious - here, do a little reading up on the gist of the difference: Project Gunrunner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1) Bush didn't have a Benghazi - and if he did and behaved as the Democrats are behaving now, then he'd be just as guilty as they are now of disdain for Americans.
2) Issa isn't acting alone - he's acting (as he ought to, mind you) as the elected representative of millions of Americans - like myself - who are DEMANDING we be holding these hearings be cause Americans want to know why this administration could care less about the lives of 4 Americans - 4 Americans who, comparatively, are of much greater value to this nation than any of us - which means if this administration, if the current Democrat party could care less about them, then by extension they care even less about us.
3) Fast and Furious was NOT started under Bush. Project "Gunrunner" was, but that isn't the same as Fast and Furious - here, do a little reading up on the gist of the difference: Project Gunrunner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bob Cesca: 13 Benghazis That Occurred on Bush's Watch Without a Peep from Fox News

no hearings Bush and the republican congress did nothing!

Project gun runner was the same and it is tied into Fast and Furious Bush did nothing to stop it Obama stopped it as soon as he was made aware.

Please you are joking right you cannot rewrite history

I'm not really sure how it's my responsibility to educate you on the difference between embassy attacks (which have happened on many a president's watch) and this particular attack which was preceded by an unprecedented number of pleas for help, warnings, etc. etc. - all of which this administration IGNORED. If you don't know the difference, I can't explain it any better than that - but then neither should I have to.

Project gun runner was the same and it is tied into Fast and Furious Bush did nothing to stop it Obama stopped it as soon as he was made aware.
No, it is not the same - and while I cannot make you read up on it, I would once again urge you to do so before you embarrass yourself any further.

Please you are joking right you cannot rewrite history
Sadly, there's nothing I can do to help you with this however.

I don't give a rats ass if they, you, or anyone think this is a witch hunt unfair hearing for nothing but political gains. that is not the point the point is you show respect to the parents of the brave sons who lost their lives trying to protect this nation and there fellow man. And all those disgusting, heartless, disrespectful, arrogant, POS Democrats spit on those brave soldiers graves and gave a finger to the grieving parents and you should be ashamed or your self defending them

Do you show respect for Cindy Sheehan? How about Michael Berg the father of Nicholas Berg? Did you show respect for him after he blamed Bush for his son's death?

Hope they all just signed their death warrants in the next elections. Serves 'em right.

Doesn't matter if these were democrats or republicans. Here were families of slain citizens, and these (alleged) "representatives of the people" just threw a giant middle finger up to them. Whisking away in their luxury SUV's drafting up more B.S. about how they're for "the poor."

Elect them out of office. All of them.

* DISCLAIMER FOR STUPID LIBERALS: When the above mentioned "death warrants" was used, it was specifically considering their election. In no way whatsoever was this to opine that the actual people themselves were to be harmed in any way. Not that you stupid liberals won't still bitch about it anyway.

Do you show respect for Cindy Sheehan?
Cindy Sheehan is nothing but an A-#1 attention whore. She'd just as well burn the entire country down, if it got her 10 extra minutes of coverage on MSNBC. She is NOT part of the comparison.

But please....continue with your little "Waah, Republicans are bad" strawman argument.

Courthouse News Service
Quite possibly. But these people lost their family members. No matter how ridiculous the Republicans have been in trying to build a scandal which never was for purely political gain, the lawmakers should feel an obligation to listen to the families of the fallen Americans.

Cindy Sheehan is nothing but an A-#1 attention whore. She'd just as well burn the entire country down, if it got her 10 extra minutes of coverage on MSNBC. She is NOT part of the comparison.

But please....continue with your little "Waah, Republicans are bad" strawman argument.

Judging by their numerous appearences on FoxNews then Patricia Smith and Charles Woods are attention whores, too.

Judging by their numerous appearences on FoxNews then Patricia Smith and Charles Woods are attention whores, too.

Stay on topic please. [Insert strawman] on FoxNews is not the answer to every issue.

Quite possibly. But these people lost their family members. No matter how ridiculous the Republicans have been in trying to build a scandal which never was for purely political gain, the lawmakers should feel an obligation to listen to the families of the fallen Americans.

Baloney. The Benghazi scandal is nothing but a contrived poltical smear campaign concieved by Rep. Jason Chaffetz to get political points and make H. Clinton look bad. He admitted he voted to cut funding for security and then he exposed the CIA by showing their location in Benghazi on a chart on Cspan. So he knows it was a CIA operation and the state department couldn't talk about it because it was classified and still ongoing. Jason Chaffetz is the one who should be arrested and lose his job.

If the two parents of the Benghazi victims are willing to let themselves be exploited for political gain then they don't deserve anymore respect than Cindy Sheehan got.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom