• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats hoping to take back all 3 chambers of Govt.

This is a "Debate Politics" forum. Find me a forum that primarily centers around debating politics where two or more different ideologies share the same realities and I will show you a cure for cancer using just bubble gum. Telling me that you do not want to have discussions with me unless I agree with you is basically telling me you do not want to debate politics, you just want me to agree with you. If you have no patience for opposing opinions, just say so. No, I do not under the Merriam Webster definition of the term liar agree with you that Trump is a blatantly prolific liar. Even if i did, so what. Most politicians are exactly that....or did Hillary really dodge sniper fire in Bosnia? Did Bil Clinton not really have sexual relations with that woman, Ms Lewinsky? Did Obama not really lie when he said :If you like your health insurance policy, you can keep it" and "If you like your doctor, you can keep him"? I lost both in 2013 when the individual mandate canceled my policy. Do I believe that Trump has never stretched the truth? Absolutely not. However he is not the prolific liar the left is making him out to be. Many on the left don't show a coherent understanding of what a lie is and just declare everything they disagree with or that Trump is mistaken on as a lie.

ok, then i'm not interested. if you can't at least admit that he's the most blatantly prolific liar of any president in modern memory, then this is totally pointless. i don't do alternate reality.

I would appreciate a link rather then just an attachment as sometimes such charts are cherry picked.

Solid Job Growth and Low Unemployment Rate in February | Eye On Housing

Fox News cannot realistically be blamed for Pelosi's gaffes. They are simply repeating and showing video of what is coming out of her mouth. If you insist that Fox is to blame, then to be fair, I can blame CNN, MSNBC, CBS, etc, for Trump's gaffes. However I am glad we agree on the need for new leadership. As for the bench, it's in all likelyhood going to be to the right for the rest of my lifetime and probably yours as well.

if you're talking about the courts, probably. i was talking about building the Democratic bench with fresh candidates that can win.

Do you agree that the democrats should do away with the super majority? It was largely the use of the super majority delegate system that Bernie did not have a snowballs chance in hell.

their superdelegate system sucks.

You can doubt it all you like, however the failure of Obama and the democrats to work with republicans on healthcare is largely why they lost the house of reps and the majority of state legislatures in 2010, the Senate in 2014, and it contributed to Hillary's loss in 2016. The democrats had no political cover. They owned the A.C.A. They tried to get a few cover votes, but would not budge on the design of the bill. They wanted what they wanted and had control of all three branches of government at the time and went for it at their own peril.

the Republicans won't work towards better healthcare access. "repeal and replace" was always bull****.

anyway, get back to me when you can at least be honest about Trump's pathological lying.

That's funny. I recall the left saying pretty much the same about 1980s, in advance of the 1980s. The Nixon Scandal was supposed to have ruined conservatism for decades. The truth is that many of those young adults will grow up when they are no longer able to tag onto mommy and daddy's health insurance policies and have to fend for themselves. They are not guaranteed to remain on the democrat party rolls for life. The truth is that the political winds change, even in regards to specific generations. It was my generation that gave you libruls like the Clinton's and Pelosi. They were so-called children of the 60s.

This generation is different then your and my generation. They have less hate and less reason to be with organized religion. Having less hate for there fellow man and less connected to organized religion that produces a great deal of hatefulness -- they will be to the left of center during the 20's and 30's.

ok, then i'm not interested. if you can't at least admit that he's the most blatantly prolific liar of any president in modern memory, then this is totally pointless. i don't do alternate reality.

That is still stating that if I do not agree with you lockstep, no discussion. I did not originally bring up the issue of Trump's lies. You did. You should expect to be challenged by those who disagree. I merely responded. It's an opposing view, not an alternate reality. Many on the left fail to admit that Hillary is a prolific liar. And she makes Trump look like a saint.

Thanks for the link. However it is pointing out slightly negative numbers in just one specific sector of the economy. Overall, the economy and employement numbers are excellent. Perhaps housing construction will improve when many of the contractors stop knowingly hiring illegal immigrant workers for a lower rate. I know that is going on. I have seen it personally.

if you're talking about the courts, probably. i was talking about building the Democratic bench with fresh candidates that can win.

I think that goes for both parties. Neither one seems to learn from their own victories and defeats.....especially in congress.

their superdelegate system sucks.

Agreed.

the Republicans won't work towards better healthcare access. "repeal and replace" was always bull****.

Trump and the republicans actually reached out to democrats on healthcare, especially after McCain torpedoed the only chance of passing repeal and replace without democrat votes. Chuckie Schumer slammed the door shut. if healthcare is ever realistically solved, it will take both parties working together to come up with something both sides can live with.

anyway, get back to me when you can at least be honest about Trump's pathological lying.

Without resorting to links post one specific lie that makes Trump a pathological liar post 2016 election. I can post several in regards to the Clintons and at least a few involving Obama. I can even name one regarding Trump, however it was in the republican primary. Pathological lying is a lifetime affliction, yet the left has not come up with anything to support that. My take is not based on partisan like or dislike of Trump. The left's take is based on seething hatred of Trump, nothing more. I respond honestly to posts I disagree with. Nobody is forced to respond to them. I just debate what is in the threads I participate in. If you don't want to be challenged by something you post, why post it?

This generation is different then your and my generation. They have less hate and less reason to be with organized religion. Having less hate for there fellow man and less connected to organized religion that produces a great deal of hatefulness -- they will be to the left of center during the 20's and 30's.

I don't know your age, however the hatred by today's left was largely influenced by the left in the baby boom generation, specifically the 1960s, that goes for the hatred of organized religion as well. Although todays left is a bit conflicted on that. They speak out againsts organized religion, however if one criticises fanatical islam...the left screeches, "bigot!", "islamophobe!" However, moving on, in my opinion, the real movement into the 20s at least will continue to be "populism" and against establishment politicians and globalism. That has already started, not only in the US, but in Europe as well.

Trump is a lying moron. She's actually rather smart. I just find it funny how right wing marching orders are being carried out by the storm troopers with such dutifulness.

Have you ever heard some describe the "three chambers of government" before? I haven't, although I've heard "three branches" hundreds of times. I googled "three chambers of government" and the only thing that came up were a bunch of people making fun of O-C for saying this.

What a dunce.

The three BRANCHES of the US gov't is "Executive, Legislative and Judicial".

Somebody wasn't paying much attention in school.

When she says "chamber" It sounds like to me she wants to institute a "Star Chamber."

What a dunce.

She SAID chambers, not branches. Is the Oval Office not a chamber/room, yes it is. Perhaps YOU should go back to English class. Assuming for a lame political point makes onee look well, lame.

What a dunce.

She SAID chambers, not branches. Is the Oval Office not a chamber/room, yes it is. Perhaps YOU should go back to English class. Assuming for a lame political point makes one look well, lame.

That is still stating that if I do not agree with you lockstep, no discussion. I did not originally bring up the issue of Trump's lies. You did. You should expect to be challenged by those who disagree. I merely responded. It's an opposing view, not an alternate reality. Many on the left fail to admit that Hillary is a prolific liar. And she makes Trump look like a saint.

Thanks for the link. However it is pointing out slightly negative numbers in just one specific sector of the economy. Overall, the economy and employement numbers are excellent. Perhaps housing construction will improve when many of the contractors stop knowingly hiring illegal immigrant workers for a lower rate. I know that is going on. I have seen it personally.

no one touches Trump when it comes to lying. it is blatant and embarrassing, and it's happening daily.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/lett...mps-escalating-war-on-the-truth-is-on-purpose

I think that goes for both parties. Neither one seems to learn from their own victories and defeats.....especially in congress.

they both seem to have a de facto "next in line" policy, even when the candidate probably can't win. it often doesn't work. it's easy enough to observe. just ask yourself the last time the less interesting candidate won the presidency. it was probably GHWB in 1988.

Agreed.

Trump and the republicans actually reached out to democrats on healthcare, especially after McCain torpedoed the only chance of passing repeal and replace without democrat votes. Chuckie Schumer slammed the door shut. if healthcare is ever realistically solved, it will take both parties working together to come up with something both sides can live with.

there was no genuine outreach effort. the Republicans don't want to solve the problem. they want to do what they always want to do : deregulate it and pretend that market forces will find the best way to deliver an essential service with inelastic demand in which geographical immediacy is a critical factor. there is no "replace" coming from that side.

Without resorting to links post one specific lie that makes Trump a pathological liar post 2016 election. I can post several in regards to the Clintons and at least a few involving Obama. I can even name one regarding Trump, however it was in the republican primary. Pathological lying is a lifetime affliction, yet the left has not come up with anything to support that. My take is not based on partisan like or dislike of Trump. The left's take is based on seething hatred of Trump, nothing more. I respond honestly to posts I disagree with. Nobody is forced to respond to them. I just debate what is in the threads I participate in. If you don't want to be challenged by something you post, why post it?

i'm not playing that game. see the article above. he makes thousands of outright false or misleading claims every year. this is not debatable.

Have you ever heard some describe the "three chambers of government" before? I haven't, although I've heard "three branches" hundreds of times. I googled "three chambers of government" and the only thing that came up were a bunch of people making fun of O-C for saying this.

Oh BS I hear the news guys call the SEanate (the upper chamber" all the time. True I don't hear it plurally but still I hear it.

Oh BS I hear the news guys call the SEanate (the upper chamber" all the time. True I don't hear it plurally but still I hear it.

Ok, the Senate is the upper chamber, which chamber is the Presidency?

no one touches Trump when it comes to lying. it is blatant and embarrassing, and it's happening daily.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/lett...mps-escalating-war-on-the-truth-is-on-purpose

they both seem to have a de facto "next in line" policy, even when the candidate probably can't win. it often doesn't work. it's easy enough to observe. just ask yourself the last time the less interesting candidate won the presidency. it was probably GHWB in 1988.

there was no genuine outreach effort. the Republicans don't want to solve the problem. they want to do what they always want to do : deregulate it and pretend that market forces will find the best way to deliver an essential service with inelastic demand in which geographical immediacy is a critical factor. there is no "replace" coming from that side.

i'm not playing that game. see the article above. he makes thousands of outright false or misleading claims every year. this is not debatable.
I read the link and could barely stop laughing. Over 4000 lies? 16 per day? Fact checked by the Post? Give me a break. Your posting that link just proved my point. No lefty on the board when challenged can offer anything other then a massively biased article with someone else's so-called research that includes everything but the kitchen sink being declared as lies. As with every other politician on the planet, Trump makes statements that do not always turn out to be 100% accurate. No president is a walking encyclopedia. Statements are not lies unless the person making the statement intends to deceive. If John Smith says its 70 degrees outside and it turns out it's actually 73 degrees outside, that's an inaccuracy not a lie. If you truly believe that Trump is a prolific liar, then you should be able to easily come up with at least one example in your own words. I can easily do so in regards to Bill and Hillary, Obama, and even one for Trump during the primaries. I can go into detail. Articles like the one in your link are like the fairy tale of the "boy who cried wolf". When the list includes anything and everything that comes out of Trumps mouth that may not be 100% accurate, it is not taken seriously by a neutral observer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I read the link and could barely stop laughing. Over 4000 lies? 16 per day? Fact checked by the Post? Give me a break. Your posting that link just proved my point. No lefty on the board when challenged can offer anything other then a massively biased article with someone else's so-called research that includes everything but the kitchen sink being declared as lies. As with every other politician on the planet, Trump makes statements that do not always turn out to be 100% accurate. No president is a walking encyclopedia. Statements are not lies unless the person making the statement intends to deceive. If John Smith says its 70 degrees outside and it turns out it's actually 73 degrees outside, that's an inaccuracy not a lie. If you truly believe that Trump is a prolific liar, then you should be able to easily come up with at least one example in your own words. I can easily do so in regards to Bill and Hillary, Obama, and even one for Trump during the primaries. I can go into detail. Articles like the one in your link are like the fairy tale of the "boy who cried wolf". When the list includes anything and everything that comes out of Trumps mouth that may not be 100% accurate, it is not taken seriously by a neutral observer.

like i said, i don't do alternate reality. hope that you have a good Thanksgiving.

I don't know your age, however the hatred by today's left was largely influenced by the left in the baby boom generation, specifically the 1960s, that goes for the hatred of organized religion as well. Although todays left is a bit conflicted on that. They speak out againsts organized religion, however if one criticises fanatical islam...the left screeches, "bigot!", "islamophobe!" However, moving on, in my opinion, the real movement into the 20s at least will continue to be "populism" and against establishment politicians and globalism. That has already started, not only in the US, but in Europe as well.

The hatefulness I see is from the right attacking people having a safe abortion. The hatefulness of organized religion. One time I was raised to be a Southern Baptist but I left the church because I was not that hateful to other people. I became a atheist as it is so much more peaceful.

I look for the day of a one world government that is united in peace. It will not happen in my life time but it will happen some day.

like i said, i don't do alternate reality. hope that you have a good Thanksgiving.
The Trump hating left is in fact living in an alternate reality. I also hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

The Trump hating left is in fact living in an alternate reality. I also hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

thank you, i appreciate it.

The hatefulness I see is from the right attacking people having a safe abortion.

I am guessing that I have been around much longer then you and I have never seen people from the right attacking people having an abortion. Expressing opinions is not attacking.

The hatefulness of organized religion.

Baloney.

One time I was raised to be a Southern Baptist but I left the church because I was not that hateful to other people. I became a atheist as it is so much more peaceful.

I get the impression that you are creating that story out of the blue.

I look for the day of a one world government that is united in peace.

No you don't.

It will not happen in my life time but it will happen some day.

if you really think you like one world government, emigrate to a nation on the planet that believes in one world government. Russia for instance. How about Iran?

She wasn't referring to the branches. She was talking about those you can vote for in 2020. house, senate, president. I wouldnt have called it chambers but her point was clear.

Back
Top Bottom