• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats...heres your best ticket in 2020

anti-gun is not the crown jewel of the left. Not even close. There are dems who aren't very much on gun control at all. Hell, even Bernie Sanders isn't that big on it because he's senator of a rural hunting state.

If anything, Universal healthcare for all is the crown jewel of the left.

I agree. Unless there's another tragedy in the meantime, god forbid, I don't see gun control being on the front lines of the democrat offense. The gun control issue only plays when everyone has already been traumatized by 24/7 coverage of a mass shooting.

Biden/Bloomberg

Biden would likely commit to 1 term with Bloomberg being very active as a VP candidate pushing his favorite topic, the anti-gun agenda. Bidens a populist, Bloomberg is more of a radical leftist. I wouldnt be surprised to see them partner with a female candidate as a groomed VP candidate for Bloomberg in 2024.

Uh, uh. Democrats need a progressive woman on the ticket.

no to Bloomberg. he's a nanny who is generally disliked by both sides, and the Democrats cannot risk that.

Biden stands a good shot.

Bloomberg has no shot. But he'll effect the campaign with his presence and probably earn himself a cabinet appointment with the eventual winner.

Right now, there are a lot of potentially strong candidates on the Democratic side. But it's useless to project until we've had a chance to see them on the campaign trail. Some people look good on paper, but don't project well in front of crowds and the cameras. Martin O'Malley was a good example of that in 2016. Looked like Tarzan on paper, projected like Jane on the campaign trail. Same thing with Jeb Bush.

I would not put money on Biden even being alive on election day, but if he is he has nearly no chance, and if he did.....if we went with someone that old and feeble because there was nobody better on offer....well that would be yet another indictment of our failed political system.

Biden/Bloomberg

Biden would likely commit to 1 term with Bloomberg being very active as a VP candidate pushing his favorite topic, the anti-gun agenda. Bidens a populist, Bloomberg is more of a radical leftist. I wouldnt be surprised to see them partner with a female candidate as a groomed VP candidate for Bloomberg in 2024.

Are you planning on voting for them?

A Biden/Harris ticket would do very well.
The problem with Harris is there is no meat on the bone. Sure...she brings California, but they already have California. And other than her status as a woman and black, I dont know what you point to as accomplishments to run on.

I think you are downplaying the anti-gun agenda of the left. But thats just my opinion.

Bernie Sanders makes around 200k...as a senator. He also gets book royalties and speaking salaries that puts him over a million a year in annual income which makes him one of those 1%ers he is always on about when he is talking about the wealth inequality in the country. The three homes...thats just the manifestation of his excess.

This is a classic example of how right wingers misstate (at best) or misrepresent (most likely) their fake "class warfare" meme.

Liberals don't begrudge the "1%ers" for their wealth. They simply believe those "1%ers" should pay more in taxes and recieve fewer benefits at the expense of the other 99% of the public. No one cares how many houses someone (even Bernie Sanders) owns. That's not the point. The point is that those people benefit too much from the tax code and regulatory laws at the expense of everyone else.

But that FACT is not one that conservatives want to address. They'd rather demagogue the issue to win votes from their ignorant base.

:lamo

WTF. So I offered a ticket of Biden Bloomberg which caused you to laugh your balls of and YOUR response is Biden is a legit candidate but the VP candidate has no shot.

Come on, man.....

Heres what Bloomberg brings to a ticket...he brings a presence...an identity...a cause. Most VP candidates are like cuff links. Bloomberg, in addition to being immediately recognizable has a media network and resources.

But seriously...thanks for at least dialoguing and not just going to snark.

Wow, liberals should listen to a right winger's suggestions for candidates because they're SO HELPFUL!!! :lamo

Are you planning on voting for them?
If Webb ran, maybe Id vote for him. Depending on who the Libertarian candidate is I will likely vote for them unless they prop up that ****ing clown Johnson again, at which point I will do as I did last year and write in the 2 most outstanding people I know of.

Wow, liberals should listen to a right winger's suggestions for candidates because they're SO HELPFUL!!! :lamo
Or they could engage in discussion instead of responding like childish douchebags. But you know....either way.

Biden/Bloomberg

Republicans, here's your best ticket in 2020:

David Duke/Richard Spencer.

Wait, they might actually try it. NVM.

nevermind.jpg

I think you are downplaying the anti-gun agenda of the left. But thats just my opinion.

Bernie Sanders makes around 200k...as a senator. He also gets book royalties and speaking salaries that puts him over a million a year in annual income which makes him one of those 1%ers he is always on about when he is talking about the wealth inequality in the country. The three homes...thats just the manifestation of his excess.

Bernie Sanders earns some serious money, no doubt... but he's also among the very poorest federal level politicos despite this. Further, once again, he never advocated against making, earning or enjoying money, or even the existence of the 1%, or people being rich. His qualm has always been with the crushing and growing extent of systemic inequality in terms of opportunity, political power and economics, not capitalism as a whole or unequal outcomes. There's a very real and obvious difference between supporting sustainable, compassionate capitalism where everyone shares more evenly in prosperity and democracy remains integral, and unchecked corporate capitalism where prosperity and political influence are excessively and poisonously focused towards the very top.

Next up:

Elon Musk offers suggestions to General Motors on what kinds of cars to develop, Flat Earthers offer nautical navigation tips, Jenny McCarthy sells flu vaccines on QVC, Jeff Sessions headlines the new motivational speaker series being hosted in The Advocate, Kim Davis appears with Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live, unreleased Lester Maddox manuscripts highlight Maddox's plans for civil rights, Louis Farrakhan offers pro tips for Rabbis and Neil Sedaka headlines with The Dead Kennedys.

Bernie Sanders earns some serious money, no doubt... but he's also among the very poorest federal level politicos despite this. Further, once again, he never advocated against making, earning or enjoying money, or even the existence of the 1%, or people being rich. His qualm has always been with the crushing and growing extent of systemic inequality in terms of opportunity, political power and economics, not capitalism as a whole or unequal outcomes. There's a very real and obvious difference between supporting sustainable, compassionate capitalism where everyone shares more evenly in prosperity and democracy remains integral, and unchecked corporate capitalism where prosperity and political influence are excessively and poisonously focused towards the very top.
I dont know...it smacks of hypocrisy to me to be one of those rich people buying multiple homes that you then bitch about not being taxed high enough. I never hear Bernie say "I could be a 1%er but since I dont need the 1.5 million that my wife and I make I donate a million a year to charity or give it back to the government to help pay down the debt."

Or they could engage in discussion instead of responding like childish douchebags. But you know....either way.

No, what's childish is you pretending to be sincere about Democratic political choices. Your posts prove that you deserve to be ridiculed for it. Post #1 just for starters. Don't even try to go there and act all offended, unless you feel your posts deserve even more ridicule.

You do YOU, Trump Republicans, that's your thing. When it comes to our thing, you're cordially invited to step off and butt out.
NO ONE in the Democrats or the liberals is interested in candidate suggestions from hardcore Righties.

If Webb ran, maybe Id vote for him. Depending on who the Libertarian candidate is I will likely vote for them unless they prop up that ****ing clown Johnson again, at which point I will do as I did last year and write in the 2 most outstanding people I know of.

On July 2, 2015, he announced that he would be joining the race for the Democratic nomination for president, but stepped down from running in the primaries on October 20, 2015, stating that he was "not comfortable" and "unhappy" with many of the party's political positions.

So, he's not even a Democrat anymore, but WE should be interested in him. Yeah, right...

Well thats part of the dilemma. Over two million moderate and right leaning voters voted for dems in the midterms. Do dems want to keep them for 2020? If so they have to appeal to them by picking centrist candidates. If not then they need to shore up the base. Cant be both.

Thank you. I was wondering who voted for me last time.

(slightly related)

https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/PPP_Release_National_12219.pdf

Trump Polling At Only 41-42% Against Possible Democratic Foes

Raleigh, N.C. – PPP's newest national poll finds that at the midway point of Donald
Trump's term as President, he's a clear underdog for reelection.
Trump gets just 41 or 42% in head to head match ups against 7 likely Democratic
candidates for President. He trails Joe Biden 53-41, Bernie Sanders 51-41, Kamala Harris
48-41, Beto O’Rourke 47-41, Elizabeth Warren 48-42, and Cory Booker and Kirsten
Gillibrand each 47-42.
Trump’s low 40s support for reelection essentially tracks with his approval numbers.
Only 40% of voters approve of the job he’s doing to 57% who disapprove.
“It really doesn’t matter which Democratic hopeful you test against him right now,” said
Dean Debnam, President of Public Policy Polling. “Voters prefer any of them over
Trump at halftime of his Presidency.”

I think the response Beto got last week was a bit of an eye opener. I suspect many in the media will be all in on a woman candidate this year.

They were last election, too, and see what they got.

I dont know...it smacks of hypocrisy to me to be one of those rich people buying multiple homes that you then bitch about not being taxed high enough. I never hear Bernie say "I could be a 1%er but since I dont need the 1.5 million that my wife and I make I donate a million a year to charity or give it back to the government to help pay down the debt."

Do you really think that society could operate on a premise of everyone paying exactly what they want, or what they feel they should? Of course it couldn't; tax law is codified and standardised for good reason.

Again, there is no hypocrisy in advocating for sustainable capitalism with representative governance despite being well-off.

Well thats part of the dilemma. Over two million moderate and right leaning voters voted for dems in the midterms. Do dems want to keep them for 2020? If so they have to appeal to them by picking centrist candidates. If not then they need to shore up the base. Cant be both.

Daily reminder that progressive policy polls extremely well with independents, with even MFA having majoritarian Republican support.

New poll today

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s recent hints about entering the 2020 Democratic presidential primaries have helped to rocket him into the lead, further breaking away from Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and former first lady Michelle Obama in a big way, according to a new poll. The latest Zogby Analytics Poll shows the former Delaware senator doing 50 percent better than Sanders, the 2016 Democratic runner-up to Hillary Clinton, who lost to President Trump. No other Democrat registered double digits, even those who’ve announced such as California Sen. Kamala Harris, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, or New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand.

Back
Top Bottom