• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats have had since 1964 (56 years) to solve blacks problems. Why believe them now?

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I was just out of the Army, home from Germany when the Civil Rights law (passed only due to republican efforts in the form of Everett Dirksen who broke the logjam of the democrats and recall it happening at the time.

So let's get real on this issue. Democrats talk talk talk but in the past 56 years have not come close to resolving blacks issues. The following is a discussion between two blacks. I urge you watch their discussion.

Trump and the republicans have busted hump to help blacks. A good many blacks are seriously appreciative and I expect blacks to elect Trump this time.

How exactly did systemic racism in the US become a problem that must be solved by the democrats alone? Or you would rather than it not be addressed and just attack anyone who mentions that there is a problem with racism in the US, both in public policy and the society?

Racism in America didn't disappear after the blue and grey conference at Appomattox courthouse.

I was just out of the Army, home from Germany when the Civil Rights law (passed only due to republican efforts in the form of Everett Dirksen who broke the logjam of the democrats and recall it happening at the time.

So let's get real on this issue. Democrats talk talk talk but in the past 56 years have not come close to resolving blacks issues. The following is a discussion between two blacks. I urge you watch their discussion.

Trump and the republicans have busted hump to help blacks. A good many blacks are seriously appreciative and I expect blacks to elect Trump this time.

Anything that starts with “TRUTH” and is posted from you, not happening! Your posting is LAME!

If anything, Democratic Party run inner cities have failed their constituents repeatedly for 5 decades.

The problem is systemic generational poverty, passed down over and over, gangs, drugs, crime, fatherless households, gov't dependence, welfare, food stamps, SNAP, crappy schools run by gangs and do-nothings.

Meanwhile in the rest of the country, blacks are fully integrated, educated, hold degrees, have held every post in gov't and private industry, are engineers, astronauts, CEO's, professors, Senators, Congressmen and women, POTUS, etc, etc.

Democrats are race-baiting, like they do EVERY election.

Everett Dirksen is a revered Republican in the state of Illinois.
Those kinds of Republicans no longer exist.

Southern KKKonservative Democrats who blocked the CRA are now QAnon trumpublicans.
They won't reup the VRA and continue to attack and weaken the CRA.

Black people vote Democrat for a reason.

They are not stupid

If by "busted hump" you mean that they have continued the racist dog=whistling to their almost all=white constituency, then you would be right. Otherwise, not so much.

Meanwhile in the rest of the country, blacks are fully integrated, educated, hold degrees, have held every post in gov't and private industry, are engineers, astronauts, CEO's, professors, Senators, Congressmen and women, POTUS, etc, etc.

Yes!

Many thoughtful Americans of African ancestry realize how lucky they are to live in this country in 2020.

Since the 1960s, Euro Americans have done everything possible to open opportunities for all minority ethnicities.

It is the height of ingratitude to deny this fact.

Sadly, however, the Dems CAN count on the African American vote to put them over the top on November 3.

Black people vote Democrat for a reason.

They are not stupid

Exactly. They know what Robert and the other Republicans actually think of them, and how when Repubs talk of black, it is basically ALWAYS negative.
No, they are not stupid. Even though the Repubs think that they are. That's racism, pure and simple.

If anything, Democratic Party run inner cities have failed their constituents repeatedly for 5 decades.

The problem is systemic generational poverty, passed down over and over, gangs, drugs, crime, fatherless households, gov't dependence, welfare, food stamps, SNAP, crappy schools run by gangs and do-nothings.

Democrats are race-baiting, like they do EVERY election.

Race-baiting is the term that race-baiting Republicans use when they don't want to actually talk about the race problem in this nation in a SERIOUS manner.
Which is basically never.

Republicans are the party of racism, they use the Southern Strategy.. The White supremacy groups openly celebrated when Trump won..

But we can expect this tactic daily over the next 3 months.. Trumpsters will not excuse or defend their racism, they will attack. They will call any and all Dems racists, they will attack anyone who calls out the Republican party's racism. If someone calls out Trumpsters racism, they will in turn call that person a racist.

The best defense is a good offense, so expect Trump's cult to attack, attack, attack.

Yes!

Many thoughtful Americans of African ancestry realize how lucky they are to live in this country in 2020.

Since the 1960s, Euro Americans have done everything possible to open opportunities for all minority ethnicities.

Sadly, however, the Dems CAN count on the African American vote to put them over the top on November 3.

This is hilarious.

thread title, Democrats have had since 1964 (56 years) to solve blacks problems. Why believe them now?

Because the alternative is the Racist Crook, Fat Donald.

Lets see....what are those numbers again for COVID death and destruction within the Black and Latinx communities vs White Americans? You know COVID...that thing that DonDon ignores and simply glosses over day after day after day.

I wonder if he will pull "what have you got to lose" out of his asshole this election. I kinda' doubt it.

if i were black, there's no way that i'd vote with people who march around with Kmart tiki torches and chant about Jews because they are still mad that they lost the civil war and were forced to free the slaves.

****, i'm white, and i still don't vote with them.

Yes!

Southern KKKonservatives forced extremely poor blacks dating back to the Civil War to flee to the North so as to not be lynched and so they could vote.

QAnonist trump is the best voter-suppresser yet, knowing he can’t win a fair election, such as 2016. He’s laying the groundwork for his life’s pursuit, succeed by lawsuit.

Southern Conservatives have been for...

• human trafficking of Blacks
  • Jim Crow against Blacks
  • outlawing interracial marriage
  • outlawing Civil Rights
  • White Supremacy over Blacks

and the modern day Confederates, like the OP, wonder why Black people don't vote for them.

hahahahaha

if i were black, there's no way that i'd vote with people who march around with Kmart tiki torches and chant about Jews because they are still mad that they lost the civil war and were forced to free the slaves.

****, i'm white, and i still don't vote with them.

I'm disgusted that we are still having this discussion. It was supposed to be settled after the Civil War and then it was supposed to be settled in 1964 after the passage of the Civil Rights Act and the voting rights act. The fact that BLM exists in 2020 is embarrassing because it seems that we cannot accurately and effectively address the problem of racism and bigotry towards any minority in the US. We are all supposed to be equal and care for others but some people are desperate to hang on to the bigoted idea that some people are more equal than others because of their skin color, their ancestry, sexuality/gender or their accent.

Many of these people claim to be Christians but I don't remember Jesus wearing a pointed sheet and carrying a torch. It seems that the golden rule is inherently offensive to these people.

I'm disgusted that we are still having this discussion. It was supposed to be settled after the Civil War and then it was supposed to be settled in 1964 after the passage of the Civil Rights Act and the voting rights act. The fact that BLM exists in 2020 is embarrassing because it seems that we cannot accurately and effectively address the problem of racism and bigotry towards any minority in the US. We are all supposed to be equal and care for others but some people are desperate to hang on to the bigoted idea that some people are more equal than others because of their skin color, their ancestry, sexuality/gender or their accent.

Many of these people claim to be Christians but I don't remember Jesus wearing a pointed sheet and carrying a torch. It seems that the golden rule is inherently offensive to these people.

My current opinion is that Reconstruction was ended far too early, and that is part of it. What percentage, I'm not sure.

My current opinion is that Reconstruction was ended far too early, and that is part of it. What percentage, I'm not sure.

Lincoln was far too polite with the CSA, but he was also racist because while he opposed slavery he didn't think that blacks could be educated to be productive people and that they ere not equal to whites.

johnathan stewart.jpg

How is it ALL on Democrats, unlike now, there was a Republican Party back then. Maybe if the gop would have got the hell out of the way the Democrats might have been more successful. In spite of the gop a lot has been accomplished.

Now that trump has ****ed everything up it really is time to:

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Lets vote out the trumplicans November 3rd flush the turd(s)

Last edited:

Truth of it is that we are the most racist "liberal" democracy in history. We have way exceeded South Africa at this point and in truth, we had by the 1970's. Now, we are on to retiring the trophy all time. We might have had a shot at muddying the water a bit and making it a closer contest. But that went out the window with the WASP reaction to just seeing a Black Man standing in the doorway of the WH. That sent Humpty Dumpty falling off the wall and he hit the pavement in November 2016. Since then a steamroller has rolled over poor Humpty's broken shell and those parts are just not going to go back together again.

Oh people will wrap themselves in the Flag, wave the Constitution....conveniently forgetting that the Constitutional Convention actually institutionalized slavery.

It is convenient to say that we arc toward justice, slowly and painfully. Heck even I have said it. But that has never really been the path that we have been on. Our's is a history of serious bends toward justice more often than not sparked by specific events that light a match over a pool of gasoline and BANG! We might be having another of those moments right now.

Last edited:
So the OP assumes that Republicans have no role in resolving structural societal problems encountered by black and other ethnic minority citizens. How revealing.

Lincoln was far too polite with the CSA, but he was also racist because while he opposed slavery he didn't think that blacks could be educated to be productive people and that they ere not equal to whites.

I'm definitely not a Lincoln historian, but that seems to be a fair assessment considering my current level of knowledge.

View attachment 67291568

How is it ALL on Democrats, unlike now, there was a Republican Party back then. Maybe if the gop would have got the hell out of the way the Democrats might have been more successful. In spite of the gop a lot has been accomplished.

Now that trump has ****e everything up it really is time to:

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Lets vote out the trumplicans November 3rd flush the turd(s)

Trump far and away has done more for blacks than all Democrats combined.

Fact: More Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than Republicans, and a Democrat President signed it into law.

Back
Top Bottom