• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats have a hell of a challenge

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Democrats tell themselves happy stories about 'demographics' meaning Republicans are done for, just as we've heard for years about Florida, Texas, Georgia and so on turning blue real soon now. (At least Virginia sort of did).

Democrats are a very diverse party, including voters from 'blue dog' right-wing voters, to 'centrists', to 'liberals', to 'progressives', with the 'corporatist/progressive split' a huge one, needing both sides to win national elections. Many Democratic voters are less engaged with politics. They include younger voters, who vote less.

Meanwhile, Republicans are powered by the engine of plutocracy, funding a massive con job for their voters. Big money, that is so critical to winning elections, ensuring that whoever wins, it will represent a win for big money; the public can't compete on the spending. In that sense, the elections are already broken between 'bad or disastrous' as the choices.

Republicans have a massive propaganda machinery, with over 90% of the talk radio market and many other outlets, including a if not the top cable news channel, indoctrinating 'their side' every day. Democrats have nothing of the sort, despite some Democratic-friendly MSNBC hosts and a far smaller bit of talk radio.

Republican voters tend to be more fanatical, closed-minded, cult-like, passionate voters than the Democrats.

Democrats just *barely* squeezed out a win in one race against the worst, criminal, incompetent president in history. Probably. While not taking the Senate, despite 23 Republicans being up for election and only 12 Democrats, and losing seats in the House in an election they probably won the presidency.

It would be like Democrats running Osama bin Laden for president (who killed FAR fewer Americans and lacked the corruption and lies of trump), and having a very close election. What would that say about how Republicans were doing?

Now, Biden faces running a country with an obstructionist Senate, where he can count on getting nothing passed, yet he'll get all the blame. Just as the Republican Justices are likely to destroy the ACA, which would need Republican votes to restore. Things are not looking good for Democrats, I hate to say. And now, without the huge pressure of a second trump term, many Democratic voters will be less engaged. Democrats have a heck of a challenge coming in 2022 and 2024.

when you're struggling to win against the most hated moron in 150 years, it's time to look at your management and messaging. at least it's looking like they'll squeak out a presidential win. FFS, how hard is it to understand that unappealing legacy candidates lose almost every time?

do i sound annoyed? yeah, i am. i'm now "represented" by a right wing idiot, and there's no clear path to appoint judges. we're looking at nothing happening as the best case scenario, which is better than Tweety getting another four years, but eventually, the rest of the world is going to dismiss us as a loud nutty cousin who they accidentally on purpose forget to invite to Thanksgiving. it's the Democratic party's job to fix that. figure out a way to win, FFS.

You know what pisses me off? The knowledge that the "both sides" crowd who are happy that there is an obstructionist Republican Senate to offset a Democratic President, and the fact that they'll complain endlessly that nobody in government gets anything done. I already know they're going to do that, and I already hate them.

And the House is on course to flip in 2022. There's that obstacle to the full blown Communism you Leftists want.

Will Prez Kamala deal with it? We'll see.

And the House is on course to flip in 2022. There's that obstacle to the full blown Communism you Leftists want.

LOL.... upon what is this based?

Democrats tell themselves happy stories about 'demographics' meaning Republicans are done for, just as we've heard for years about Florida, Texas, Georgia and so on turning blue real soon now. (At least Virginia sort of did).

Democrats are a very diverse party, including voters from 'blue dog' right-wing voters, to 'centrists', to 'liberals', to 'progressives', with the 'corporatist/progressive split' a huge one, needing both sides to win national elections. Many Democratic voters are less engaged with politics. They include younger voters, who vote less.

Meanwhile, Republicans are powered by the engine of plutocracy, funding a massive con job for their voters. Big money, that is so critical to winning elections, ensuring that whoever wins, it will represent a win for big money; the public can't compete on the spending. In that sense, the elections are already broken between 'bad or disastrous' as the choices.

Republicans have a massive propaganda machinery, with over 90% of the talk radio market and many other outlets, including a if not the top cable news channel, indoctrinating 'their side' every day. Democrats have nothing of the sort, despite some Democratic-friendly MSNBC hosts and a far smaller bit of talk radio.

Republican voters tend to be more fanatical, closed-minded, cult-like, passionate voters than the Democrats.

Democrats just *barely* squeezed out a win in one race against the worst, criminal, incompetent president in history. Probably. While not taking the Senate, despite 23 Republicans being up for election and only 12 Democrats, and losing seats in the House in an election they probably won the presidency.

It would be like Democrats running Osama bin Laden for president (who killed FAR fewer Americans and lacked the corruption and lies of trump), and having a very close election. What would that say about how Republicans were doing?

Now, Biden faces running a country with an obstructionist Senate, where he can count on getting nothing passed, yet he'll get all the blame. Just as the Republican Justices are likely to destroy the ACA, which would need Republican votes to restore. Things are not looking good for Democrats, I hate to say. And now, without the huge pressure of a second trump term, many Democratic voters will be less engaged. Democrats have a heck of a challenge coming in 2022 and 2024.
I don't know. It's very hard to knock off an incumbent. And we did it. Let's take a minute to at least enjoy that.

The concern about 'spending' in the presidential election didn't seem to matter when it was thought that Dems would sweep bigly.
When that didn't happen, suddenly money in politics becomes a concern.

Trump expanded the GOP base with blacks, Hispanics and women. He lost ground, amusingly, with white men.

Wow...what a great example of someone who is divorced from reality. When it comes to propaganda the Democrats have the lead in that department, hands down, and it's not even close. They have NPR, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, TV, Hollywood, education, tech companies, most newspapers, the arts, ect....Republicans have Fox News, the WSJ, and like...then you're bitching about ****ing AM radio being dominated by the GOP. That's pathetic.

Yeah? Which side sends the mob after you if you don't say the exact right thing? Which one gets people fired, which one burns down buildings? Which ones have been throwing a collective fit for 4 years now?

I couldn't think of a post that more fits the definition of delusional.

Oh look. Another right whinger addicted to hyperbole.

when you're struggling to win against the most hated moron in 150 years, it's time to look at your management and messaging. at least it's looking like they'll squeak out a presidential win. FFS, how hard is it to understand that unappealing legacy candidates lose almost every time?

do i sound annoyed? yeah, i am. i'm now "represented" by a right wing idiot, and there's no clear path to appoint judges. we're looking at nothing happening as the best case scenario, which is better than Tweety getting another four years, but eventually, the rest of the world is going to dismiss us as a loud nutty cousin who they accidentally on purpose forget to invite to Thanksgiving. it's the Democratic party's job to fix that. figure out a way to win, FFS.
There was a time in my memory where the two parties used to debate opposing ideas, agree upon what was agreeable, and shutter the rest for future consideration. I miss those days.

The prevailing opinion now seems to be that "our ideas must prevail and if the opposition disagrees, they must be destroyed". As this election has just shown us ALL, conclusively, there is no "destroying the opposition".

The way I see it, we're kind of at a "come to Jesus" moment in our history. Wise choices are at a paramount...

You have a vivid imagination. Try writing a book, this is great fiction. Seriously, I really mean it.
Joe's gonna be a complete failure, but hey you can just blame it on someone else.

Besides the crapload of Dem seats lost? Plus midterms have historically flipped since Newt and Co. rightfully took the House away from the Dems in 1994.
Okay, the wishful thinking model...

There was a time in my memory where the two parties used to debate opposing ideas, agree upon what was agreeable, and shutter the rest for future consideration. I miss those days.

The prevailing opinion now seems to be that "our ideas must prevail and if the opposition disagrees, they must be destroyed". As this election has just shown us ALL, conclusively, there is no "destroying the opposition".

The way I see it, we're kind of at a "come to Jesus" moment in our history. Wise choices are at a paramount...

the script flipped in the 90s and just got worse from there. while i don't think that Biden will solve anything or remove many road blocks, at least he remembers Reagan and Tip O'Neil, or the narrative that they tried to sell us, which could have been bullshit, but still.

There is no challenge for Democrats whatsoever. The plutocrats will pick their primary winners and that person becomes the official given democracy has been permanently eliminated in the USA at the federal level and many state levels.

The only question now is which party's election divisions will run more fake ballots thru the voting machines.

At least it is now known what election contests really are on a partisan level. It is a contest of which party can run more ballots thru voting machines faster and for a longer period of time. Every Republican state should vote begin the next election cycle the day after the previous election extend the day to complete voting and certify the election to January 2nd. State law should state all ballots, signed or not, must be accepted - with all ballots ONLY counted by the state election division and that all county and local election divisions are eliminated.

Then the "elections" will be fair contests between which party can run more ballots thru more voting machines faster for a longer period of time - plus get the lead on Internet voting being allowed in their states. This way, elections would be decided by which party gets more trillions of votes in each state.

Joe isn't even officially president elect, and people are already making excuses for why he won't accomplish anything in his term as president. Wow.

I am surprised at how many Trump supporters still believe elections are legitimate. It has now been shown it doesn't matter what voters think because voters do not decide elections. Local and state partisan election officials decide elections. Nor does it matter what Republicans say or do. Reality will be what the MSM, press and Internet allows and does not allow, claims and does not.

I don't know. It's very hard to knock off an incumbent. And we did it. Let's take a minute to at least enjoy that.

Your side knocked of the USA as a democratic republic to turn it into a corporate plutocracy.

I am surprised at how many Trump supporters still believe elections are legitimate. It has now been shown it doesn't matter what voters think because voters do not decide elections. Local and state partisan election officials decide elections. Nor does it matter what Republicans say or do. Reality will be what the MSM, press and Internet allows and does not allow, claims and does not.
I'm a "drown it in a bathtub" kinda guy, but I think it really is time to have Federal laws and regulations for FEderal elections. This patchwork of 50 different sets of rules is frigging ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom