• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats Don't Want Infrastructure Bill

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Well now, major Democrats are now claiming they will refuse to sign onto any infrastructure bill at all if they don't get their second reconciliation bill passed together with the bipartisan bill. In other words, they are willing to scuttle and not have a bipartisan bill and pass no infrastructure bill at all. They are willing to settle for NO infrastructure bill. Zero, zip, noda. Apparently they are not concerned about the country's roads and bridges after all. Republicans are going to come out smelling like roses on this one.

Last edited:
Well now, major Democrats are now claiming they will refuse to sign onto any infrastructure bill at all if they don't get their second reconciliation bill passed together with the bipartisan bill. In other words, they are willing to scuttle and not have a bipartisan bill and pass no infrastructure bill at all. They are willing to settle for NO infrastructure bill. Zero, zip, noda. Apparently they are not concerned about the country's roads and bridges after all. Republicans are going to come out smelling like roses on this one.
You won't know what they want until they vote on it. This is one of the major problems with 24/7 news channels not having 24 hours of news with which to fill their air time. Talking heads don't know shit. There is nothing you can bank on other than a Rep or Senator's vote. The rest is airtime filler for the 24/7's and their armies of talking heads.

HAHA this thread delivers. We have a Trump devotee who lived, like the rest of us, through Trump's promise to deliver on infrastructure within his first 100 days (which I'm sure the OP believed), to 4 years of "This is infrastructure week!", telling us what the Democrats don't want, pretending that the rest of the country is as stupid as a cult member, and the Republicans will look good.

The jokes write themselves.

Let’s see how the votes play out on this.

Yep, the idea seems to be that it’s OK to pass a “smaller” (if one now considers over $1T to be small) bipartisan infrastructure only bill if (and only if) the demorats also get to add at least that much more in (partisan) social program spending.

Judging by the moves made by State Legislatures around the country, polling on critical points of philosophy and moves made by the lying thieves on the Federal level, 2022 is going to be an interesting election.

<snip>
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- When asked whether they want the police to spend more time, the same amount of time or less time than they currently do in their area, most Black Americans -- 61% -- want the police presence to remain the same. This is similar to the 67% of all U.S. adults preferring the status quo, including 71% of White Americans.

Meanwhile, nearly equal proportions of Black Americans say they would like the police to spend more time in their area (20%) as say they'd like them to spend less time there (19%).

Preference for Amount of Time Police Spend in Your Area
Would you rather the police spend more time, the same amount of time or less time as they currently spend in your area?
More timeSame amount of timeLess time
%%%
Black Americans206119
White Americans177112
Hispanic Americans245917
Asian Americans96328
U.S. adults196714
GALLUP PANEL, JUNE 23-JULY 6, 2020

These findings are from a June 23-July 6 Gallup Panel survey, administered by web in English and conducted as part of the newly launched Gallup Center on Black Voices. The study includes large samples of Black, Hispanic and Asian Americans, weighted to their correct proportions of the population.
<snip>

Judging by the moves made by State Legislatures around the country, polling on critical points of philosophy and moves made by the lying thieves on the Federal level, 2022 is going to be an interesting election.

<snip>
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- When asked whether they want the police to spend more time, the same amount of time or less time than they currently do in their area, most Black Americans -- 61% -- want the police presence to remain the same. This is similar to the 67% of all U.S. adults preferring the status quo, including 71% of White Americans.

Meanwhile, nearly equal proportions of Black Americans say they would like the police to spend more time in their area (20%) as say they'd like them to spend less time there (19%).

Preference for Amount of Time Police Spend in Your Area
Would you rather the police spend more time, the same amount of time or less time as they currently spend in your area?
More timeSame amount of timeLess time
%%%
Black Americans206119
White Americans177112
Hispanic Americans245917
Asian Americans96328
U.S. adults196714
GALLUP PANEL, JUNE 23-JULY 6, 2020

These findings are from a June 23-July 6 Gallup Panel survey, administered by web in English and conducted as part of the newly launched Gallup Center on Black Voices. The study includes large samples of Black, Hispanic and Asian Americans, weighted to their correct proportions of the population.
<snip>
Did you simply post in the wrong thread?

yep, well its because wanting the non infrastructure candy in the bill was their reason for wanting it in the first place. we all know that right?

Got a link, or did this info come your way by way of chain mail?

There will be lots of yammering on this but I suspect there are very few who would actually vote it down and, if they do, those votes will be offset by moderate Republicans. Personally, I would love to see the Bill come out of the House passed with a solid majority of moderate/centrists and rejected by the more extreme elements in each party.

Always political brinkmanship for party rather than the best interests of the nation. Yep, that'd Democrats all right.

You might have this kind of backwards. Biden has said this, and it seems more like a warning to progressives in his party to vote to pass the bi-partisan bill. Biden also said that he has claimed this all along, and its probably true.

"Sure, the bipartisan bill was — look, the bipartisan bill, from the very beginning, was understood there was going to have to be the second part of it. I’m not just signing the bipartisan bill and forgetting about the rest I — that I proposed. I proposed a significant piece of legislation in three parts. And all — all three parts are equally important.

And, by the way, my party — you keep — everybody tell — tells me my party is — my party is divided. Well, my party is divided. My party is divided, but my party is also rational. If they can’t get every single thing they want, but all that they have in the bill is that — before them is good, are they going to vote “no”? I don’t think so. "

You might have this kind of backwards. Biden has said this, and it seems more like a warning to progressives in his party to vote to pass the bi-partisan bill. Biden also said that he has claimed this all along, and its probably true.

"Sure, the bipartisan bill was — look, the bipartisan bill, from the very beginning, was understood there was going to have to be the second part of it. I’m not just signing the bipartisan bill and forgetting about the rest I — that I proposed. I proposed a significant piece of legislation in three parts. And all — all three parts are equally important.

And, by the way, my party — you keep — everybody tell — tells me my party is — my party is divided. Well, my party is divided. My party is divided, but my party is also rational. If they can’t get every single thing they want, but all that they have in the bill is that — before them is good, are they going to vote “no”? I don’t think so. "

Wow. That statement from Biden is barely coherent.

Pelosi is threatening to not act on the bi-partisan bill unless the reconciliation bill is also passed. But I don't think its because she doesn't want the bi-partisan bill at all. Perhaps she is appealing to moderate Dem senators who want the bi-partisan but but would be reluctant to vote for the reconciliation bill.

In any case, that's what she says now. Better to take an initial position to the left and move to the center than take a position at the center and move to right.

HAHA this thread delivers. We have a Trump devotee who lived, like the rest of us, through Trump's promise to deliver on infrastructure within his first 100 days (which I'm sure the OP believed), to 4 years of "This is infrastructure week!", telling us what the Democrats don't want, pretending that the rest of the country is as stupid as a cult member, and the Republicans will look good.

The jokes write themselves.
Agreed! Once again fully hypocrisy on full display. If you are as for an infrastructure bill as you indicate then you ahd better contact Moscow Mitch and the rest of the obstructionists and inform them of your wishes.

Personally, I would love to see the Bill come out of the House passed with a solid majority of moderate/centrists and rejected by the more extreme elements in each party.

If we could actually get the moderates in each party to take control, the US would only benefit. We tend to govern from the extremes, which makes no sense!

If we could actually get the moderates in each party to take control, the US would only benefit. We tend to govern from the extremes, which makes no sense!

Its a tough situation. On the left, the extremists want to pass laws that mitigate the inequity of capitalism where so many workers live on the verge of poverty and their boss is busy flying his personal space ship. And on the right, you have extremists who want to basically just tear it all down.

It's not looking like there are ten Republicans on board with the bill anyway, sooooo....anybody seen A Quiet Place 2? Any good? No spoilers, please. Oh, and Conjuring 3 sucked.

They need to drop the filibuster threshold to 55.

Uh huh. So far you're batting a whopping .000, let's see how this prediction of yours turns out.

Yep, the idea seems to be that it’s OK to pass a “smaller” (if one now considers over $1T to be small) bipartisan infrastructure only bill if (and only if) the demorats also get to add at least that much more in (partisan) social program spending.
So the next round of spending on social stuff only benefits democrats? If high speed internet is provided to squat and holler west virginia only dems can use it? If sheepshank montana gets a bridge repaired only dems get to use it? I think your response shows your partisanship especially since you don't know what they might propose but it sure sounds like you are already against it.

Lol, a f*** ton more roses will be required to cover their current stench. They need to bathe for about a decade.

Back
Top Bottom