• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats don't think Biden and others are perfect

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
One objection Republicans have - as much as it's bizarre in context, to the point of being hilariously absurd, but not entirely wrong - to Democrats' support for Biden is that they think Biden is Democrats' 'dream candidate' with no flaws, and are infuriated that Democrats can't see how that's not right.

It's an incorrect assumption about Democrats. Many Democrats see Biden as less than an ideal president. They understand he doesn't have a history of being a 'great leader', one who will likely do great things with the country, that he's too comfortable with 'institutional corruption', and other areas they don't feel he's a perfect president.

But for an analogy, if you had a driving instructor, who smelled bad, was unfriendly and rude to you, who made some mistakes in the instruction, would you be happy with him? Probably not too happy.

But if he was your new instructor replacing one who took students to remote areas and raped them, who knowingly helped them get killed, who sabotaged the car's safety with people he didn't like, who told egregious lies about life and death issues, THEN how does the above instructor look? A hell of a lot better, and the flaws are a lot less important.

All of the points about that worse instructor are fair analogies to trump, who has mishandled the virus for selfish, narcissistic reasons that have killed huge numbers of people, he's assaulted and raped women, and so on.

Democrats are thrilled about the 'upgrade'; that doesn't mean they're thrilled with Biden except for being that upgrade. Republicans instead should be looking in the mirror about why it's such a huge upgrade, before demanding a perfect president.

Yeah, yeah, I’ve heard this before and it would be more believable if his followers weren’t so immediately defensive of anything negative that’s said about him or get so butt hurt when other’s laugh at Biden’s many blunders. It’s clear, a new cult is in the making.

Yeah, yeah, I’ve heard this before and it would be more believable if his followers weren’t so immediately defensive of anything negative that’s said about him or get so butt hurt when other’s laugh at Biden’s many blunders. It’s clear, a new cult is in the making.

Projection is a terrible thing.

Projection is a terrible thing.

Biden supporters are acting in, exactly, the same way as they accuse Trump supporters of acting.

You mean Old Slimy Influence peddling Joe? Ya, he's a real peach! :poop:

Biden supporters are acting in, exactly, the same way as they accuse Trump supporters of acting.

No, they're not. This thread is for rational people, not trump cultists who have such delusions. Biden supporters often have slightly rose colored glasses, but not in the same ballpark as the trump cult. Like, thousands of times difference.

One objection Republicans have - as much as it's bizarre in context, to the point of being hilariously absurd, but not entirely wrong - to Democrats' support for Biden is that they think Biden is Democrats' 'dream candidate' with no flaws, and are infuriated that Democrats can't see how that's not right.

Frankly, I couldn't give two sh*ts what Republicans object to.
They're not going to vote for Biden, unless they happen to be RVAT.
But Biden wasn't even my first choice. Sanders has decided that Biden's good enough for him to support, and that's satisfactory for me.
After witnessing what they are willing to do to destroy democracy, I've decided that I actually WANT that civil war they've been threatening for the last ten years.
They want it so bad that they've been overplaying their hand, and they've already committed to some things there is no turning back from.
So, that war is coming, but the difference is, it will be fought on our terms and at the times and places of our choosing, not theirs.

I've yet to see any Biden supporters claiming he's anywhere near perfect or that he doesn't have flaws. Feel free to quote someone directly doing that. Biden is a flawed man, not my first choice and he's not right on every issue.

See, I can say this because I'm not in a ****ing cult like Trump supporters are.

No, they're not. This thread is for rational people, not trump cultists who have such delusions. Biden supporters often have slightly rose colored glasses, but not in the same ballpark as the trump cult. Like, thousands of times difference.

This thread is for “rational” people? Here I thought you started it.
I've yet to see any Biden supporters claiming he's anywhere near perfect or that he doesn't have flaws. Feel free to quote someone directly doing that. Biden is a flawed man, not my first choice and he's not right on every issue.

See, I can say this because I'm not in a ****ing cult like Trump supporters are.

I don’t know of anyone who’s ever said that Trump is perfect. You can ratttle off some tepid platitudes about how Biden’s not perfect yet, the large majority of the time, you will defend him against every negative claim or criticism no matter how legit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom