• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats disastrous mail in ballot experiment is a failure.

Well, no. It doesn’t take a Trumpist to recognize that postal workers dumping mail isn’t the “isolated incident” the authorities always say it is. It’s been discovered numerous times in multiple States all over the country. You vote by mail at your own risk.

Who defines what counts as isolated?

If it's you, then tell me, how many dumps given the total number of mail routes driven every day and why is that where the bar is?

181.9 million pieces of mail delivered per day: https://facts.usps.com/one-day/

So...let's say we get an article one month about a USPS bastard dumping mail from one of his routes. Then two months later we get another. Is that no longer "isolated" because there were two over two months? How does that stack up against the number of routes run in that time? Against the number of pieces of mail delivered in that time?

You threw out a bunch of absurd questions. Questions are not answers.

What crimes do you find acceptable. I accept no crime. I do have to endure a certain amount in order to live in a free society, but accept it? No, that is not naive. To accept any amount of crime unconscionable.

accept

1. consent to receive

endure

1. suffer (something painful or difficult) patiently

You will have to take all of that up with someone that uses Fox News to provide their viewpoints. I do not.

Yeah, I know, you said that already. I have nothing to add to my original response.

A store owner can say, "I accept no crime. To accept any amount of crime is unconscionable," but kids are still stealing a Snickers under his nose every now and then.

Because your attitude does not address reality, I don't find it interesting.

Aside from what I have already said, I'd just shrug and walk away.

Can you cite that 3% number?

I said it was estimated. I do not know for sure. This is the site that says it is on Wikipedia.
https://natpay.com/blog/considering...ostal-system-doculivery-solves-many-problems/

The USPS processes almost half a billion pieces of mail per day...

A bit of a bump over a few weeks shouldn't cripple it.

So crossfire, to get back to my point, once again am I correct then?

That the greatest country in the history of the world... Can't do the 5000 year old art of mail?

Because it is the greatest country in the history of the world?

It makes no difference to me. I do not use mail-in voting. If the people that are using it are confident enough in it, then by all means, go for it. I vote in person. I do not doubt that if a person takes their ballot to the post office and drops it off, that it is more than likely going to be delivered. But to say that there is no cause for concern, at all, with the way that ballots are being handled just because mail has been delivered for centuries, is not being logical, it is being intentionally dismissive.

I said it was estimated. I do not know for sure. This is the site that says it is on Wikipedia.
https://natpay.com/blog/considering...ostal-system-doculivery-solves-many-problems/

A blog.

Super.

It makes no difference to me. I do not use mail-in voting. If the people that are using it are confident enough in it, then by all means, go for it. I vote in person. I do not doubt that if a person takes their ballot to the post office and drops it off, that it is more than likely going to be delivered. But to say that there is no cause for concern, at all, with the way that ballots are being handled just because mail has been delivered for centuries, is not being logical, it is being intentionally dismissive.

I am being dismissive, because it shouldn't be an issue, it's an issue exclusively because of politics and nothing more.

If a nation values Democracy, especially one as powerful as the United States with all its wealth and power and resources, it could actually make a plan if it wanted to, to have made this possible and safe and transparent.

So perhaps... You're not all that great after all.

Yeah, I know, you said that already. I have nothing to add to my original response.

A store owner can say, "I accept no crime. To accept any amount of crime is unconscionable," but kids are still stealing a Snickers under his nose every now and then.

Because your attitude does not address reality, I don't find it interesting.

Aside from what I have already said, I'd just shrug and walk away.

Are you having a hard time understanding what accepting something is? I guess you accept racism, too, because, you know, it happens. Is there any injustices that happen that you do not find acceptable? Naive minds want to know.

Are you having a hard time understanding what accepting something is? I guess you accept racism, too, because, you know, it happens. Is there any injustices that happen that you do not find acceptable? Naive minds want to know.

Your point is totally clear. Thanks. I have nothing to add.

A blog.

Super.

I could have sworn I put a disclaimer with that number. Oh, that is right, I did. You asked for the link, I provided it.

I am being dismissive, because it shouldn't be an issue, it's an issue exclusively because of politics and nothing more.

If a nation values Democracy, especially one as powerful as the United States with all its wealth and power and resources, it could actually make a plan if it wanted to, to have made this possible and safe and transparent.

So perhaps... You're not all that great after all.

Key word there is plan. Planning for something and making sure everything is in place for it is one thing. When you just up and go head long into it and consequences be damned because "mail has worked for centuries" things can go wrong. You can belittle the United States all you want. It is petty, but I do not set my expectations high in here.

Your point is totally clear. Thanks. I have nothing to add.

If you are so confident in your position, the least you could do is provide it. I gave my position, as naive as it may be. I would just like some clarity on yours. That is what this forum is about, right?

If you are so confident in your position, the least you could do is provide it. I gave my position, as naive as it may be. I would just like some clarity on yours. That is what this forum is about, right?

I gave all I wanted, then I got bored.

I could have sworn I put a disclaimer with that number. Oh, that is right, I did. You asked for the link, I provided it.

Blogs that support your nonsense don't interest me.

Key word there is plan. Planning for something and making sure everything is in place for it is one thing. When you just up and go head long into it and consequences be damned because "mail has worked for centuries" things can go wrong. You can belittle the United States all you want. It is petty, but I do not set my expectations high in here.

I will belittle it, because that is something worthy of belittling.

Again, the USPS handles almost half a billion pieces of mail PER DAY.

Tens of millions of relatively small envelopes extra over the course of a few weeks/months really isn't a big deal.

It's only a big deal because of politics and on top of that the deliberate undermining of the USPS that Trump ordered his lacky to undertake at the USPS.

You are squirming and slithering trying to avoid the simple truth that, there really, shouldn't be an issue here, because there isn't.

It is only because the glorious, dear leader has made it an issue, that it is.

Well, no. It doesn’t take a Trumpist to recognize that postal workers dumping mail isn’t the “isolated incident” the authorities always say it is. It’s been discovered numerous times in multiple States all over the country. You vote by mail at your own risk.

Funny how it keeps turning out to be Trumpers doing the dumping

Blogs that support your nonsense don't interest me.

Then do not ask for it. Not a hard concept.

I will belittle it, because that is something worthy of belittling.

Again, the USPS handles almost half a billion pieces of mail PER DAY.

Tens of millions of relatively small envelopes extra over the course of a few weeks/months really isn't a big deal.

It's only a big deal because of politics and on top of that the deliberate undermining of the USPS that Trump ordered his lacky to undertake at the USPS.

You are squirming and slithering trying to avoid the simple truth that, there really, shouldn't be an issue here, because there isn't.

It is only because the glorious, dear leader has made it an issue, that it is.

I am not avoiding anything. I am aware that potential problems may exist. If you want to ignore that, be my guest. You certainly are having no problem ignoring the evidence of issues so far because, I guess, the problem just is not big enough for you.

Funny how it keeps turning out to be Trumpers doing the dumping

So the fraud does not count because a "Trumper" was doing it? I figured if it were a "Trumper" doing the dumping that would count as twice the fraud, everything else is twice as bad when a "Trumper" does it.

Election interference is a federal offense that has prison time associated with it ....... men cannot be men until they have been another man's girl friend in prison!

How can millions of illegals vote?

How can people that have been bussed vote in another state?

How does a person get a mail in vote if that person does not live in a state?

I had to produce ID when I vote.

When I went to get a replacement mail in because I screwed up on the original I had to produce ID and write VOID on my original ballot and witnessed.

Election interference is a federal offense that has prison time associated with it ....... men cannot be men until they have been another man's girl friend in prison!

How can millions of illegals vote?

How can people that have been bussed vote in another state?

How does a person get a mail in vote if that person does not live in a state?

I had to produce ID when I vote.

When I went to get a replacement mail in because I screwed up on the original I had to produce ID and write VOID on my original ballot and witnessed.

That's a good point. For all that Fox News Republicans pretend to care about the threats and dangers of voting fraud, you'd think that they would actually try to understand the actual procedures and protections that are already in place.

Overall, they'd be far better served if they stopped arguing so much from ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom