• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats Blame Biden for Biden Inflation!!

Democrats Blame Biden for Biden Inflation!!​

Well of course they do!!! Everyone with a functioning brain blames our Senile Dumbass in Chief" because everyone with a brain knows he's at fault!

Yes, you struggle
So, what was it you wanted to say about inflation?

About how screwed, your twenty years of Republican rule has left us?

Don't worry, just complain about the Democrats and at least you'll be in control, you'll be last in, first out (of the Lake of Fire).

Democrats Blame Biden for Biden Inflation!!​

Well of course they do!!! Everyone with a functioning brain blames our Senile Dumbass in Chief" because everyone with a brain knows he's at fault!
They don't use their brains anymore, they have the latest thing, the led cluster.

Hi!

I can see you're new here (I think), so let me give you a helpful hint:

Don't spam bullshit if you want anyone to respect you. :)

Now would you like to try again?
We all know what this is, yet another spamming, zero intelligent, right wing troller. THe same sad, pathetic shit over and over again

By the way Im a The Hill refugee. They shut down their chat. I was on there 8 years. You will be no match for me. You were given an education with a preview and a link yet you ignored both, why ?
Ah yes, the glass jawed boxer is heard from again spouting bombastic self adulation.

Attack the poster while running away from the fact Democrat economist Larry Summers is criticizing Biden’s economic policy for creating runaway inflation. Well pucker up buttercup, Obama's car czar is saying the same thing.

Steve Rattner who headed Obama's auto manufacturer bailout program, which Obama praised saying he'd like to do the same for all industries, in a NYT editorial is harshly blaming Biden’s policies for the highest inflation in 40 years. Moreover Rattner rejects Biden 's blame shifting excuses.

"In a New York Times opinion piece, Rattner called Biden blaming the supply chain crisis for the inflation issue as “dishonest” in addition to “simplistic and misleading.”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/forme...st-excuse-for-inflation-in-pointed-nyt-op-ed/

Rattner called Biden blaming the supply chain crisis for the inflation issue as “dishonest” in addition to “simplistic and misleading.”
Um, Holt was asking about inflation in 2021, and Joe is correct, he said 30% of inflation in that period was due to used car price increases....which has not abated (which I can confirm, I'm trying to find a good used car and it is crazy in Phx, prices for good older Ford Escapes are double what they were 2 years ago).

So what does Rattner say in his own article?

And yes, when chips are in short supply, auto companies must curtail production and prices rise. I just ordered a new car and had to pay well above the sticker price (and face an indefinite wait). Among the ripple effects: a surge in used car prices, which are up 55 percent over January 2020 levels. Cars are not alone. Over that same period, furniture and bedding prices rose 19 percent and laundry equipment became 33 percent more expensive.

And lets see what the St. Louis FED has to say:

The inflation contribution went up from a negative level of -0.19 percentage points during the previous expansion (2010 to 2020) to 1.51 percentage points at the beginning of this year. Given that durable goods account for only 13% of total consumption expenditures, the inflation contribution of 1.51 percentage points indicates that the inflation rate of durable goods exceeds 11%. One of the major contributors to such a high durable goods inflation rate is the 61% price surge for used autos. Pandemic-related supply chain disruptions for automobile inputs, such as parts and computer chips, limited the production of new vehicles and hence drove up the prices for used autos in recent months.

So not only does the St. Louis Federal Reserve confirm Biden's claim about 2021 inflation contributors......so does Rattner.

Biden has magical powers. He can make worldwide inflation just by standing there and not posting dumb shit on Twitter all day. It's an odd magical power, for sure.

Ev
Um, Holt was asking about inflation in 2021, and Joe is correct, he said 30% of inflation in that period was due to used car price increases....which has not abated (which I can confirm, I'm trying to find a good used car and it is crazy in Phx, prices for good older Ford Escapes are double what they were 2 years ago).

And yes, when chips are in short supply, auto companies must curtail production and prices rise. I just ordered a new car and had to pay well above the sticker price (and face an indefinite wait). Among the ripple effects: a surge in used car prices, which are up 55 percent over January 2020 levels. Cars are not alone. Over that same period, furniture and bedding prices rose 19 percent and laundry equipment became 33 percent more expensive.

The inflation contribution went up from a negative level of -0.19 percentage points during the previous expansion (2010 to 2020) to 1.51 percentage points at the beginning of this year. Given that durable goods account for only 13% of total consumption expenditures, the inflation contribution of 1.51 percentage points indicates that the inflation rate of durable goods exceeds 11%. One of the major contributors to such a high durable goods inflation rate is the 61% price surge for used autos. Pandemic-related supply chain disruptions for automobile inputs, such as parts and computer chips, limited the production of new vehicles and hence drove up the prices for used autos in recent months.

So not only does the St. Louis Federal Reserve confirm Biden's claim about 2021 inflation contributors......so does Rattner.
Er

In response to Holt's question Biden responded.

"So, what happens?” Biden added. “When the number of cars were reduced, the new cars reduced, it made up at one point one-third the cost of inflation because the price of automobiles were up.”
One point one third is 1.33 % I assume percent. Simplistic and deceiving, that's our President.

The Fed "quote" indicates an inflation rate of 11.3% for durable goods that's terrible.

The Biden is as clueless about how to fix the supply chain as they are about the real cause of the runaway inflation we are experiencing. Since Biden announced selected ports would remain open 24/7, they aren't, the backlog of ships waiting to be unloaded has increased to over 100. Lil Pete is clueless on how to fix it but he can lecture us on racist buses.

One point one third is 1.33 % I assume percent. Simplistic and deceiving, that's our President.
Um, no, that is not what he said, he said at "at one point", ie, a specific period in time, NOT "1.33%". Try again
The Biden is as clueless about how to fix the supply chain
Weird, yer argument was that it was not the supply chain, but now yer try'n to argue he can't fix that.

Make up yer mind, if it is/was not a contributing factor, why even discuss a remedy or who can or cannot fix it?

You make no sense.

By the way Im a The Hill refugee. They shut down their chat. I was on there 8 years. You will be no match for me. You were given an education with a preview and a link yet you ignored both, why ?
Are you like this in real life?

Thats all you are able to bring ? Lets have a discussion on the guts of my post
Once your post is identified as the ****ing bullshit it is, the discussion is over

Um, no, that is not what he said, he said at "at one point", ie, a specific period in time, NOT "1.33%". Try again

Weird, yer argument was that it was not the supply chain, but now yer try'n to argue he can't fix that.

Make up yer mind, if it is/was not a contributing factor, why even discuss a remedy or who can or cannot fix it?

You make no sense.
No, my argument is that Democrat economic experts are blaming Biden’s policies for runaway inflation. You are the one who brought up Biden’s excuses that it's due to car prices and the supply chain problems as if the Biden administration is helpless to fix the supply chain.

Anyone who goes grocery shopping or fills up their gas tank feels the impact of Biden’s inflationary policies. Even some Democrat experts recognize these runaway price hikes are due to Biden's spending orgy.

No, my argument is that Democrat economic experts are blaming Biden’s policies for runaway inflation.
There seems to be some issues here, first you could not read a simple sentence and convert it into an equation, now you are moving the goalpost. The argument was "Joe is dishonest for blaming supply issues for the inflation", now you have abandoned that and switched to "policies are to blame". This, which again you can't put into any sort of complete argument, is the "too much $$ (chasing too few goods)", which again is putting on blinders to the second part, supply. It is also anti-Keynesian, anti-stimulus BS. I can debate it, but only with someone who can remember what their original point was.

You are the one who brought up Biden’s excuses that it's due to car prices and the supply chain problems
No AZRW, I quoted you to initiate this debate between you and I. This is what started our debate:

Rattner called Biden blaming the supply chain crisis for the inflation issue as “dishonest” in addition to “simplistic and misleading.”

Do you recognize that comment? Those were your words, I quoted you, you said that...remember? I'll help some more, that is you quoting Rattner who was trying to defeat Joe's explanation as to why there has been a lot of inflation in some sectors (not a general price rise in 2021).

as if the Biden administration is helpless to fix the supply chain.
No, I didn't argue the admin can't "fix" supply issues since WE NEVER GOT TO THE POINT OF DEBATING "FIXES", we were dealing with your inability to discuss the causes.
Anyone who goes grocery shopping or fills up their gas tank feels the impact of Biden’s inflationary policies.
Again, you can't remember what time period we were discussing, we were debating 2021, oil remained in the $70-$80/bl range ( the same range for 2018 under Dear Leader) until Oct, and fell back through Nov-Dec. Oil prices are a proxy for GDP gains, energy and food prices are in general the most volatile of all CPI components, there is a reason why they are left out of core inflation calculations.

Even some Democrat experts recognize these runaway price hikes are due to Biden's spending orgy.
Weird, your lot constantly points to "some Dems" being wrong all the time, I would wager you argued Rattner/Obama was wrong to bailout GM, Ford and Chrysler during the Bush Great Recession.

There seems to be some issues here, first you could not read a simple sentence and convert it into an equation, now you are moving the goalpost. The argument was "Joe is dishonest for blaming supply issues for the inflation", now you have abandoned that and switched to "policies are to blame". This, which again you can't put into any sort of complete argument, is the "too much $$ (chasing too few goods)", which again is putting on blinders to the second part, supply. It is also anti-Keynesian, anti-stimulus BS. I can debate it, but only with someone who can remember what their original point was.

No AZRW, I quoted you to initiate this debate between you and I. This is what started our debate:

Do you recognize that comment? Those were your words, I quoted you, you said that...remember? I'll help some more, that is you quoting Rattner who was trying to defeat Joe's explanation as to why there has been a lot of inflation in some sectors (not a general price rise in 2021).

No, I didn't argue the admin can't "fix" supply issues since WE NEVER GOT TO THE POINT OF DEBATING "FIXES", we were dealing with your inability to discuss the causes.

Again, you can't remember what time period we were discussing, we were debating 2021, oil remained in the $70-$80/bl range ( the same range for 2018 under Dear Leader) until Oct, and fell back through Nov-Dec. Oil prices are a proxy for GDP gains, energy and food prices are in general the most volatile of all CPI components, there is a reason why they are left out of core inflation calculations.

Weird, your lot constantly points to "some Dems" being wrong all the time, I would wager you argued Rattner/Obama was wrong to bailout GM, Ford and Chrysler during the Bush Great Recession.
1650600127976.png

We all know what this is, yet another spamming, zero intelligent, right wing troller. THe same sad, pathetic shit over and over again
which balances out the spamming zero intelligence hordes of left wing trollers.

Back
Top Bottom