• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Democrats and the '04 Election

Will dems ever get over losing the '04 presidential election?

• No - whimpering about it is all they live for.

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Yes, in maybe 20 years.

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

alphamale

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Dems whine incessantly about losing to President Bush in '04. Every time Bush kicks their butt on a new issue they whine more.

Hey, remember that time you made an undebatable thread for the purpose of creating flamebait? And remember that time you added a rhetorical poll question so you could pretend that the thread belongs on the "Poll" forum instead of in the basement?

alphamale said:
Dems whine incessantly about losing to President Bush in '04. Every time Bush kicks their butt on a new issue they whine more.

Um, usually I hear complaints about the '00 election if I hear complaints at all anymore.

Kandahar said:
Hey, remember that time you made an undebatable thread for the purpose of creating flamebait? And remember that time you added a rhetorical poll question so you could pretend that the thread belongs on the "Poll" forum instead of in the basement?

Far fom being undebatable, it touches on perhaps they key to American politics at this moment: because they lost the election, democrats' almost whole motivation is a hatred for Bush - even to the point of fighting his policies necessary for the security of America, just to get 'revenge" on Bush. When republicans were criticizing Clinton, the whole liberal media picked up Clinton's mantra of the "politics of personal destruction". If all this is beyond your grasp or ability to debate, why don't you just flake off?

alphamale said:
Far fom being undebatable, it touches on perhaps they key to American politics at this moment: because they lost the election, democrats' almost whole motivation is a hatred for Bush - even to the point of fighting his policies necessary for the security of America, just to get 'revenge" on Bush. When republicans were criticizing Clinton, the whole liberal media picked up Clinton's mantra of the "politics of personal destruction". If all this is beyond your grasp or ability to debate, why don't you just flake off?

The point is that your poll only represents one possible side to the issue. Duh. Also, geez, stop regurgitating O'Reilly.

I will agree that DEMS Whine, But do you feel good to KNOW that
Your Government would give the Presidency to someone that had
fewer Vote?

Forget that "YOUR SIDE WON"!

Think about it! Our "FREE-DEMOCRATIC" country is not DEMOCRATIC!

Our means of "REPRESENTATION" is VERY Flawed!!
Have you ever thought about that?

Remember
In 1992
Clinton got ~42% of the peoples Vote --> 70% (Electoral )
Bush Sr got ~39% of the peoples Vote --> 30%
Ross P. got ~18% of the peoples Vote --> 0%

Do you think "OUR" Country real wants to represent "the Will of the People"?

It just Amazes me that so many people can sit there and do nothing with
these facts in plain view. It's like the Matrix!!!
Freakin wake up people!!!!!

Weather you like the REPS more than the DEMS or vice Versa, you should
should be up in arm over the fact that the CURRENT GOVERNMENT
(REPS&DEM) have made America so "Anti-AMERICAN". They have made
the system corrupt and unfair.

NoMoreDems-Reps said:
I will agree that DEMS Whine, But do you feel good to KNOW that
Your Government would give the Presidency to someone that had
fewer Vote?

Forget that "YOUR SIDE WON"!

Think about it! Our "FREE-DEMOCRATIC" country is not DEMOCRATIC!

Our means of "REPRESENTATION" is VERY Flawed!!
Have you ever thought about that?

Remember
In 1992
Clinton got ~42% of the peoples Vote --> 70% (Electoral )
Bush Sr got ~39% of the peoples Vote --> 30%
Ross P. got ~18% of the peoples Vote --> 0%

Do you think "OUR" Country real wants to represent "the Will of the People"?

It just Amazes me that so many people can sit there and do nothing with
these facts in plain view. It's like the Matrix!!!
Freakin wake up people!!!!!

Weather you like the REPS more than the DEMS or vice Versa, you should
should be up in arm over the fact that the CURRENT GOVERNMENT
(REPS&DEM) have made America so "Anti-AMERICAN". They have made
the system corrupt and unfair.

Uh, you don't grasp that the U.S. is a federal republic of individual states.

alphamale said:

Yes, but we're talking about a federal election, not a state election.

alphamale said:

So, do you mean that the US "Federal Republic of Individual States"
Has no obligation to Correctly represent their constituents/citizens?

So having Americans vote is just a trick to make people think they
have a say in our government?

And if I follow your current thought process, we should all
Just shut up and let the REPS&DEMS do whatever they
want because they ARE the Federal Republic ?

OUR FOREFATHERS WERE INDEPENDANTS
Read the Declaration of Independence!!
http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/declaration.html

NoMoreDems-Reps said:
So, do you mean that the US "Federal Republic of Individual States"
Has no obligation to Correctly represent their constituents/citizens?

So having Americans vote is just a trick to make people think they
have a say in our government?

And if I follow your current thought process, we should all
Just shut up and let the REPS&DEMS do whatever they
want because they ARE the Federal Republic ?

OUR FOREFATHERS WERE INDEPENDANTS
Read the Declaration of Independence!!
http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/declaration.html

Indeed, we should do away with the electoral college so that people can be individuals. Fortunately I live in a blue state, because I wouldn't want the electoral votes from my state going to a Republican despite having voted for the Democrat. Similarly, Republicans/Independents/etc, shouldn't have to have their vote ultimately go to a candidate they oppose simply because more people in their state wanted the opposing candidate.

I voted no, hell they are not even over 2000 yet..........They have 2 choices.......1. Stay pissed..........2. Get over it and move on......

Navy Pride said:
I voted no, hell they are not even over 2000 yet..........They have 2 choices.......1. Stay pissed..........2. Get over it and move on......

We are over it. Obviously we can't change 2000. That doesn't mean he should have won the election though.

afr0byte said:
We are over it. Obviously we can't change 2000. That doesn't mean he should have won the election though.

Most of the hate by the left for GWB is becasue of the 2000 election.......I don't want to get in a ******* contest over that again but you just can't allow a recount with 59 counties using 59 different standards to determine a vote and every organization that has gone down there and did a recount still had GWB winning including some liberals ones.....Its a good thing that GWB did not ask for recounts in the states that he barely lost.......We would probably still be counting...........He had to much class to do that unlike Gore........

He had too much class ... to try and let the will of the people be heard?

To allow every vote to count?

To not allow racism and ethically-challenged and, in short, illegal practices steal an election?

GWB had too much class for that? 'Cause I'm proud to say that Al Gore did not. You're treating a recount like its unAmerican. That's ridiculous.

A couple of serious questions, in this obviously baiting thread. What makes the Republicans think that the Democrats are not over 2000 and 2004? Do you realize that it sounds just like gloating and in a few short months, you'll no longer have complete control.

What make the Republicans think that everything that goes wrong with this administration, is the Democrats fault? Hell, when we're in power, it's our fault and when the Republicans are in power, everything that goes wrong is our fault.

How does pointing out Bush's mistakes=hating Bush and wanting him to fail? (That's so childish, that it shouldn't even have to be asked)

Thanks to some Republicans finally standing up and speaking out against Bush and his policies, especially in Iraq, the silly and childish........."why do you hate America" finally stopped. People can now speak and not only not be called Anti-American........but we don't get "you're just embolding the troops", thrown in our faces as a debate tactic.

..........but I guess things are changing, because now the new Bush tactic is it's all the media's fault.

<end rant>
burp

lily said:
A couple of serious questions, in this obviously baiting thread. What makes the Republicans think that the Democrats are not over 2000 and 2004?

hmmmmmmmm.....Let's see if I can take a crack at it...

PerryLogan said:
Here's a note for anthropologists of the behavior of our poor, deluded, right-wing cousins: note how these poor guys are still trying to gloat over an election they obviously stole. That shows you what a bizarro world the right live in, where just about everything is 180 degrees from the way it really is.

disneydude said:
I guess this is what we get when our leaders become annointed rather than elected. Because George was appointed by the Supreme Court in 2000 he obviously thinks that he is "King" rather than "President" which in turn comes with complete power (at least in his mind).

kal-el said:
Would you call a man intelligent if he stole elections, turned budget surplus's into deficits, waged a war on jobs, and waged a war based on a voice he hears in his head? He has brought great devestation at home and abroad.

jfuh said:
Try the Supreme Court that placed him in office.

Cassapolis said:
Also I really don't want to bring up how easily the powers that be could have rigged the 2004 election.*cough* Ohio *cough* Diebold. *cough* "I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president." *cough*.

Canuck said:
He shouldnt even be there he stole the election through the use of electronic
vote machines unheard of in any democracy to not have a papper trail

hipsterdufus said:
I agree with you but for different reasons. I'll never forgive her for succumbing to pressure and annointing GWB to the presidency in 2000. Her remarks are 6 years too late, and she's one of the reasons why.

alphieb said:

changintimes said:
and the elections were stolen, how many republican scandles must there be before you realize they may have stolen the 2000 and 2004 elections as well? as the left has been saying and supporting with all types of evidence for years,

GeorgeDumbyaBush said:
Don't give me your "republicans never do anything wrong" crap...Bush did not win the election. This proves how corrupt you people are and how you will do anything to get your people in office. So tell me please...what has George Bush done for this country???

dragonslayer said:
Two days after 911, the congressional committee investigating the Florida election, announced that Bush had lost the election in Florida. I remember the new broadcaster saying even though he was not elected, a year had gone by and We should follow him for the solidarity of America after 911. Bush is liar, a fraud, a cheat, and is not legally president, he has shown this everyday since the court elected him. Our Supreme Court took it upon itself to elect a president even though it not stated any where in the Constitution that the Court can elect the president. We have three seperate parts of our government, The Supreme court, the Congress and an independent presidency.

Yup!...Looks like they're "over it" to me...:shrug:

MidwestLiberal said:

To not allow racism and ethically-challenged and, in short, illegal practices steal an election?

Can you imagine if this were ever proven? Man, you guys could have Bush's head on a stick.

:neener

cnredd said:
hmmmmmmmm.....Let's see if I can take a crack at it...

Yup!...Looks like they're "over it" to me...:shrug:

You must spend hours extracting quotes and organizing them into categories in order to have them at the ready. It's impressive. Good job.

Are we living in the same world? I haven't seen democrats whining about losing the election. I certainly see them complaining about Bush and his cronies, but they're not saying, "We didn't win the 2004 election."

Personally, I am happy we lost. Otherwise, I couldn't be enjoying watch Bush's popularity go down to the lowest since Richard Nixon and seeing him running around claiming he has a plan for victory in Iraq. My name is Dick Cheney. Let me make a speech attacking democrats for saying that my bossy wossy is incompetent. Not only this, but with Bush's unpopularity, things aren't looking too good for the republicans this fall. Life is good for this democrat! Bwahahahhahahahhaha :2rofll:

aps said:
Are we living in the same world? I haven't seen democrats whining about losing the election. I certainly see them complaining about Bush and his cronies, but they're not saying, "We didn't win the 2004 election."

Personally, I am happy we lost. Otherwise, I couldn't be enjoying watch Bush's popularity go down to the lowest since Richard Nixon and seeing him running around claiming he has a plan for victory in Iraq. My name is Dick Cheney. Let me make a speech attacking democrats for saying that my bossy wossy is incompetent. Not only this, but with Bush's unpopularity, things aren't looking too good for the republicans this fall. Life is good for this democrat! Bwahahahhahahahhaha :2rofll:
one thing I don't get. zogby and gallup polls show Bush with record low approval ratings, yet when state polls are done Bush averages 52% approval rating. Seriously, why is this?

Let's see, lily asks the question "What makes the Republicans think that the Democrats are not over 2000 and 2004?"

cnredd responds "hmmmmmmmm.....Let's see if I can take a crack at it..."

cnredd then produces quotes from Debate Politics Forums showing that indeed 11 posters are not over the 2000 and 2004 elections. So far, so good.

But then he adds this statement:

Yup!...Looks like they're "over it" to me...

Yet, in a thread just the other day, he correctly argued that a few does not represent all.

cnredd said:
"See?...A person on YOUR side of the aisle said something whacky, so you're ALL whacky!"...

The liberal/left creates myths for the dupes in their number, the most recent being "The dems won the elections" and "Bush lied about WMDs", both repeated endlessly, but neither ever proven.

MidwestLiberal said:
He had too much class ... to try and let the will of the people be heard?

GWB had too much class for that? 'Cause I'm proud to say that Al Gore did not. You're treating a recount like its unAmerican. That's ridiculous.

I know Liberals don't like the Constitution unless it favors them but the recount in Florida violated the 14h Amendment the Equal protection clause.........I know its hard for you lefties to understand but you just can't have 59 counties recounting votes using 59 different standards......

As I said recounts were made be non biased organizations and GWB won every time........

GET OVER IT...YOU LOST........MOVE ON.....

afr0byte said:

Mid West Liberal is not ovver it..He never will be......He is consumed with hatred..........

The latest for 2004 is the diebolt voting machines cheated the libs..........:rofl

Back
Top Bottom