• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats’ sit-in on House floor to force gun-control votes continues late into the..

Status
Not open for further replies.

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...st-on-house-floor-to-force-gun-control-votes/
Democrats’ sit-in on House floor to force gun-control votes continues late into the night

“Democrats took over the House floor on Wednesday in an attempt to force votes on gun-control proposals, holding their sit-in well into the evening. Chanting “no bill, no vote,” a group of House Democrats shouted down Republican leaders’ efforts to gavel the House into session around 11:30 a.m., and then prevented the GOP from conducting regular business for most of the day.

Around 10 p.m. House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) called the House back into session to hold a vote on legislation concerning an investor adviser rule released earlier this year by the Labor Department that Republicans oppose. The vote was an attempt by Republican leaders to show the House could do its business despite the Democrats’ protest. But it was held as Democrats sang “We Shall Overcome” switching the words of the second verso to “we shall pass a bill.”
Democrats made clear they would continue their sit-in to highlight their push for gun control votes following the recent mass shooting in Orlando……………

This a historic moment paralleling the Civil Rights movement and the anger which has welled up in this country because D.C. does not represent their needs............

Democrats are staging a sit-in I the House well………..When and if the demonstration will end have not been announced………

Spurred on by the 92% of all of America……. Democrats……….Republicans and a majority of NRA has sparked the demonstration..........

Democrats are demanding a gun regulation bill be brought to the floor for a vote………

Speaker Ryan has refused and said not to long ago he has no plans to ever bring any kind of gun regulation vote to the floor for a vote………

This moment maybe remembered as the beginnings of the sweeping Congress the “always say NO” and the "No compromise” foot draggers………

And replacing them with responsible members who are dedicated to serving the people they represent……

Re: Democrats’ sit-in on House floor to force gun-control votes continues late into t

They should be provided pacifiers.

Re: Democrats’ sit-in on House floor to force gun-control votes continues late into t

Like we need another thread on this subject...Anyway, a sit-in where they sing 'We shall overcome.' LOL John Lewis is like that guy whos greatest years in life were high school and he keeps trying to reignite those flames 50 years later. Time to grow up douchebag. And as for Ryan, he ought to just go home and let those morons sit there all night. Nothing funnier than unhinged liberals.

And replacing them with responsible members who are dedicated to serving the people they represent……[/B]

Do you mean serving those by not allowing the government to restrict rights without due process?

Or serving the people by saying F the Constitution and people's rights let's ban black scary things.

Someone should start a thread on this.

Do you mean serving those by not allowing the government to restrict rights without due process?

Or serving the people by saying F the Constitution and people's rights let's ban black scary things.

I see you represent the 8% of American's who believe the NRA should determine how/when/why guns can be used...............Your days of overblown political power is coming to an end.....................and allowing the reasonable and sane folks to take back control...........

Just remember this is a democracy...........and yall are a several heads short of being a meaningful minority

These are loathsome, disgusting pigs. This is a play for the low information voters, not for anyone that has a clue as to what is going on. Oh, what heroes they are! Fighting to protect the people!

If you believe that, you are truly an idiot. This is an attack on your right to defend yourself and your family, and more power for government. This would have done zero to prevent any shooting. The nightclub was already a "gun free" zone. Wow, they'll make it a gun free-er zone! Oh, wait, the criminal ignored the law! Well, these Democrats are having a sit in, no criminal will ignore what they are doing!

The Democrats sure take their followers for absolute gutless fools. Why do you think they say, "Never let a crisis go to waste"? Because they can use it to fool you to support something that would otherwise not have a chance.

If I'm not mistaken, each of the 4 proposed and voted on bills had specific due process issues, and as such, it would seem reasonable that eventually they'd have been struck down as unconstitutional.

All of these bills were little more than political theater, so that each of the legislators could go back to their home districts for the summer, and make the claim of 'we tried to pass gun legislation, but it was voted down'. As such, they are pulling legislative progress scam on their electorate, at least it seems that way to me.

This ridiculous 'sit-in' is little more than extended political theater.

Those who bemoan the failure to pass any of these 4 bills are ill-informed and need to come to the realization that there are constitutional principals that need to be maintained, such as due process, and that constitutional rights, such as the 2nd amendment, should not be infringed, and that this is in fact, serving the electorate in the best manner possible, maintaining and defending the electorate's constitutional rights, in spite of gun ban wailing of some ill-informed of the electorate, for once liberties and constitutional rights are lost, there are lost forever, or at least until the next bloody revolution to put back that which has been lost.

Last edited:

I see you represent the 8% of American's who believe the NRA should determine how/when/why guns can be used...............Your days of overblown political power is coming to an end.....................and allowing the reasonable and sane folks to take back control...........

Just remember this is a democracy...........and yall are a several heads short of being a meaningful minority

Yeah, he probably thinks the NRA should set the rules because he supports his rights. :roll:

Is there a place where I can learn to make really retarded arguments? I'm sure you know of the place, so please share.

so........I...........take........it...........you..........are.........in..........the...........F........the.........Constitution.............camp........

You.............talk.........about..................
sensible...........and............sane.........
but............are.........an.........emotional............reactionary...........who............
has...........the........one.........cheap........card...........of...........fear........ruling.....
them.........

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...st-on-house-floor-to-force-gun-control-votes/
Democrats’ sit-in on House floor to force gun-control votes continues late into the night

“Democrats took over the House floor on Wednesday in an attempt to force votes on gun-control proposals, holding their sit-in well into the evening. Chanting “no bill, no vote,” a group of House Democrats shouted down Republican leaders’ efforts to gavel the House into session around 11:30 a.m., and then prevented the GOP from conducting regular business for most of the day.

Around 10 p.m. House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) called the House back into session to hold a vote on legislation concerning an investor adviser rule released earlier this year by the Labor Department that Republicans oppose. The vote was an attempt by Republican leaders to show the House could do its business despite the Democrats’ protest. But it was held as Democrats sang “We Shall Overcome” switching the words of the second verso to “we shall pass a bill.”
Democrats made clear they would continue their sit-in to highlight their push for gun control votes following the recent mass shooting in Orlando……………

This a historic moment paralleling the Civil Rights movement and the anger which has welled up in this country because D.C. does not represent their needs............

Democrats are staging a sit-in I the House well………..When and if the demonstration will end have not been announced………

Spurred on by the 92% of all of America……. Democrats……….Republicans and a majority of NRA has sparked the demonstration..........

Democrats are demanding a gun regulation bill be brought to the floor for a vote………

Speaker Ryan has refused and said not to long ago he has no plans to ever bring any kind of gun regulation vote to the floor for a vote………

This moment maybe remembered as the beginnings of the sweeping Congress the “always say NO” and the "No compromise” foot draggers………

And replacing them with responsible members who are dedicated to serving the people they represent……

If they want to restrict weapons for citizens, the can change the Constitution not pass a law. By wanting to pass the law they demonstrate a contempt of the Constitution. That is not good. It might even be so bad that one cannot vote for the Democratic Presidential candidate. This is very sad, she being the lesser evil in this round.

so........I...........take........it...........you..........are.........in..........the...........F........the.........Constitution.............camp........

but............are.........an.........emotional............reactionary...........who............
has...........the........one.........cheap........card...........of...........fear........ruling.....
them.........

I see you find my post disturbing as it should...........folks as yourself political power is coming to an end............

I see you find my post disturbing as it should...........folks as yourself political power is coming to an end............

You mean people that support the second amendment will be defeated by people that think 129 mass shooting in 50 years means it's logical to ban assault weapons because of them. Btw, what percentage of homicides are done by assault weapons? Maybe you can even tell me how many of those 129 mass shooting was done by an assault weapon. I'll wait..

If they want to restrict weapons for citizens, the can change the Constitution not pass a law. By wanting to pass the law they demonstrate a contempt of the Constitution. That is not good. It might even be so bad that one cannot vote for the Democratic Presidential candidate. This is very sad, she being the lesser evil in this round.

Try reading the Heller decision so you might understand of what you speak..........

And are you suggesting a revolution like they do in third world countries..........what preventing folks from voting?

them.........

Is there a reason you posted that twice?

Is there a reason you posted that twice?

he means it doubly.

Moderator's Warning:
theres already a BN-MSM thread regarding this story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom