• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democratic voters only --- do you want Kamala Harris to be the next President?

Do you want Kamala Harris to be the next President?

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Those who usually vote for a Democratic President voting in the poll only, please. Votes are public.

Do you want the 47th President of the US to be Kamala Harris? Why or why not?

I want the Republican candidate to be defeated. That party has gone batshit, and must be forced at the polls to find some semblance of sanity. As Democrats are the only effective way to fight back against Republicans, i hope that they choose the most viable candidate for each office.

I want the Republican candidate to be defeated. That party has gone batshit, and must be forced at the polls to find some semblance of sanity. As Democrats are the only effective way to fight back against Republicans, i hope that they choose the most viable candidate for each office.

Is the best candidate Kamala Harris?

I don’t dislike her but I think there are better options, I just haven’t decided who,..

There are other people who would make a far better President than Harris.

What's the field?

The usual upcoming candidates, of course. Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Stacey Abrams, Pete Buttigeig, Hillary Clinton....and I'm sure a few others that will put their hat in the race. You don't need me to tell you - you know politics.

We need the best candidate, not second best to Joe Biden.

It'd be great to have President Kamala, but what matters is winning so that we don't fall into fascism. Whether that means our candidate should be Kamala or not is too early to tell.

Also, ASHES, your poll is not the same thing as asking whether she should be our 2024 candidate.

Those who usually vote for a Democratic President voting in the poll only, please. Votes are public.

No, because I want John Fetterman.

It'd be great to have President Kamala, but what matters is winning so that we don't fall into fascism. Whether that means our candidate should be Kamala or not is too early to tell.

Also, ASHES, your poll is not the same thing as asking whether she should be our 2024 candidate.
Not my poll, just opining on my no vote.

Not my poll, just opining on my no vote.

You're missing the point.

Whether I want her to become the next candidate vs. the next President are two different things.

The usual upcoming candidates, of course. Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Stacey Abrams, Pete Buttigeig, Hillary Clinton....and I'm sure a few others that will put their hat in the race. You don't need me to tell you - you know politics.
That field sucks, but at least Hilarity isn't listed.

May not be the first pick, but she would be okay. Way better than Trump of course.

Far and away a better and more responsible (ethics, honesty, sincerity, empathy) than any potential G.O.P. alternative.
I would like to see the deep talent pool of her "circle" have an opportunity to demonstrate their full potential and perspective.

64 percent of all elected politicians are still white males despite comprising just 30 percent of the population. How is that working out
and primarily, for who is the status quo working out for?

GOP senator on Trump pardons: 'This is rotten to the core'

https://thehill.com › homenews › senate › 531545-gop-...
Dec 23, 2020 — Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) on Wednesday blasted President Trump's latest pardons of political allies such as former Trump campaign chairman ...

The Shockingly Long List of Corrupt Officials and Political ...

https://www.motherjones.com › politics › 2020/12 › tru...
Dec 22, 2020 — More often, Trump has used his pardon powers to reward political allies like Hunter and Collins, who were the first two Republican members ...

It is way past time this happen! Look how retrograde and unethical the results of Leonard Leo's list of nominees confirmed
to the Supreme Court have rendered it. Five consecutive white Roman Catholics, four males, one female (raised in a religious
extremist cult of 1700, along with her current spouse) appointed since 2005 by two G.O.P. presidents who were sworn in despite
not winning the popular vote, compared to the pleadings before and later in their careers, the SCOTUS case opinions of
Justices Thurgood Marshall and Ruth Bader Ginzburg.

In Harris, Black Sororities And Fraternities Celebrate ... - NPR

https://www.npr.org › sections › codeswitch › 2020/11/09
Kamala Harris' sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha (or AKAs, as they're known), is one of nine college-founded Black sororities and fraternities that ...

Kamala Harris' sorority sisters talk about vice president ...

https://abc7ny.com › kamala-harris-sorority-sisters-alph...
Jan 20, 2021 — NEW YORK CITY -- More than 100 members of Vice President Kamala Harris' sorority held an Inauguration watch party on Zoom Wednesday to watch ...

"The sorority is one of the nation's largest Greek-letter organizations, having more than 300,000 members in 1,024 chapters in the United States and several other countries.[3][6] Women may join through undergraduate chapters at a college or university, or they may also join through a graduate chapter after acquiring an undergraduate or advanced college degree.[7] .."

Nope. She has given us every indication of how she'd be while serving as VP. No thanks. I want someone better able.

Not my first choice, but if she gets nominated I'd vote for her.

Barring the extremely unlikely chance that the Republican nominee is better, which is highly unlikely in the current GOP environ.

I mean...I'd take Kamala Harris over the field, since many of the other possibles are Republicans. But she's not my first choice among the Democrats. I'd prefer Tammy Duckworth or Pete Buttigieg.

Since the question doesn't deal with whether I'd want her to be the Dem national candidate but whether I'd want her to be the 47th President, that makes my job pretty easy. I don't want her to be the 47th President, but if the alternative is a Republican (and it is), then no problem: I'd be just fine with her.

Not sure yet. She's been VP for only 15 months, so I think the jury is still out on what kind of job she does. I wouldn't look forward to a campaign that might resemble the disgrace of the recent Supreme Court hearings.
I think it's way too early to even venture a guess as to who might jump in the race.

I cannot imagine a scenario where I would vote Republican, where the stench of Trump is still pretty thick.

Not especially. She really fell apart as a candidate. That suggests weaknesses as a candidate we should pay attention to. I recall some press stories documenting a ton of morale and infighting problems in her campaign that suggested some management skill deficits coming from the very top. If she can't contain the personalities and divisions in her national campaign, I have to wonder about those cabinet meetings and the West Wing.

Back
Top Bottom