• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democratic voters only - Do you think Pete Buttigieg has a chance to be the Dem. nominee?

On a scale from 1-10 (1 being no chance, 10 being a very good chance)...

• Total voters
You always claim Biden USA puppet yet you never say who his puppet masters are,..
Wrong.

I've identified who his puppet masters are numerous times. Go look it up.

But, the fact is, his puppet masters have identified themselves.

With Bush it was clear it was Cheney and big oil.
Don't care. Past history.

With trump it was obviously Putin…
Wrong.

But I see no one in charge of Biden,,.
Not my problem what you can and cannot see.

Wrong.

I've identified who his puppet masters are numerous times. Go look it up.

But, the fact is, his puppet masters have identified themselves.

Don't care. Past history.

Wrong.

Not my problem what you can and cannot see.
See now you know why I don’t ignore you, you make me laugh…

It was available to me with my very liberal company too at the time, but I declined to take it. Preferred to go back to work and do my job, and support my team of co workers rather than take unnecessary time off that I did not need. And then when I needed to take off some family leave time to manage a family health crisis, I was very appreciative of the time the company provided me to deal with that when my home situation was a higher priority than work.

Now, if a man's wife had a rough labor and delivery, is ill, and he needs the time to care for mom and the baby for a week or so, that is different. But just to stay home with HIS husband and what--- wallpaper Disney characters on the nursery wall, and cuddle on the sofa........ well, I don't hold with any of that kind of thing. Unless mayor Pete and his husband adopted a sick baby needing special care, his decision to leave his post at work was NOT a very stand up guy move in my opinion. And I don't believe voters across the country feel much differently than I do...not a majority.

This country is becoming more and more wussified for sure, but it hasn't settled into Texas, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Montana all just yet. The whole country thank God is not yet like SF, LA, and Sedona AZ.
This country is becoming more and more wussified for sure,.......I agree....the question is how did we get to this point......imo the role models we considered he man he men were actually just asholes.....

Maternity/paternity leave isn't just about recovery. Actually, a woman who has a natural birth doesn't need several weeks to recover. With modern medicine she can be capable of returning to work in just a couple days!

What do you mean "modern medicine"? For thousands of centuries women delivered children and went right back to gathering food and working again, in MOST cases, Women either died in childbirth, or got right back to work.
Maternity/paternity leave is so the parent can bond with their child and take care of it. Spending time with your infant is very important, especially early in development.
Yeah, and this is why in NATURE the mother (woman) child relationship is a very special one, especially with newborns. But to assume a father must be there present to the same level defies how nature actually works. Yes, babies do bond with fathers, but in a much different way. Mothers are the ones nursing the infant, not fathers. And in nature the male must go out and continue to provide, and continue to protect "the nest", they don't sit in the nest, not most species.

It's good for the baby's development and the parent-baby relationship. Children who don't receive parental attention may develop behavioral issues in the future.
Society needs to worry more about single mother / absent father situations, not about if a father should stay home for 6 weeks and play footsie with mommy and baby at home. You don't think every good father despite not staying home for maternity leave doesn't come home and pick up their child, talk to him/her, play with him/her and the child not become aware of another loving parent, not just the one who it is nursing from.

To believe that bonding for fathers needs to be the same as mothers early on seems silly.

Pete and his husband took time off to bond with and take care of his newborn baby, which is a responsible decision that will have a positive effect on the child's development. I think it shows good character and a true interest in being a good parent.
Malarky, it was lame and silly. They adopted a baby. Truth is that unless there was a surrogate mother (woman/female) early on with that newborn, then the child's development is already at a disadvantage in life. Mother/female and child relationship is the strongest bond in humans and in nature. Pete and his husband are not exactly a good representation of what is natural.

I like him....he is an adult....he is educated.....he is a veteran.....but the nation is not ready for a gay potus......the right would declare a revolution if he were on the ticket......
I think the right has already declared a revolution/Instrruection

What do you mean "modern medicine"? For thousands of centuries women delivered children and went right back to gathering food and working again, in MOST cases, Women either died in childbirth, or got right back to work.
With modern medicine complications during a natural birth are a lot less likely, and there doesn't have to be pain. So, a woman can go back to work safely and comfortably very quickly.
Yeah, and this is why in NATURE the mother (woman) child relationship is a very special one, especially with newborns. But to assume a father must be there present to the same level defies how nature actually works.
The newborn needs to bond. While a woman might shoulder the majority of the interaction and bonding typically, it doesn't have to be that way. There are only fathers in Pete's relationship, so at least one of them needs to be there to bond with the baby.
Yes, babies do bond with fathers, but in a much different way. Mothers are the ones nursing the infant, not fathers.
Pete or his husband need to feed the baby since there's nobody capable of breastfeeding in the relationship.
And in nature the male must go out and continue to provide, and continue to protect "the nest", they don't sit in the nest, not most species.
Pete and his husband aren't in financial despair because they took some time off to bond with the child. Since they can spend time with the child, they are choosing to do it. They don't need to "go out and continue to provide" because we live in a society, we're not hunter-gatherers, and they've planned ahead for the situation like any responsible adult.
Society needs to worry more about single mother / absent father situations, not about if a father should stay home for 6 weeks and play footsie with mommy and baby at home. You don't think every good father despite not staying home for maternity leave doesn't come home and pick up their child, talk to him/her, play with him/her and the child not become aware of another loving parent, not just the one who it is nursing from.
You seem to keep forgetting that there is no mother in this relationship. It's either Pete and/or his husband stay with the child and bond, or the child doesn't get bonding with its parents. Would you prefer the child be left with a nanny instead of spending time with its parents?
To believe that bonding for fathers needs to be the same as mothers early on seems silly.

Malarky, it was lame and silly. They adopted a baby. Truth is that unless there was a surrogate mother (woman/female) early on with that newborn, then the child's development is already at a disadvantage in life. Mother/female and child relationship is the strongest bond in humans and in nature. Pete and his husband are not exactly a good representation of what is natural.
"Natural" =/= good. The claim that mothers have and inherently stronger bond with their kids than fathers doesn't seem true. You got a source for that?

The child is probably at an advantage if anything, being adopted by parents who will love it instead of being left behind with a mother that doesn't want it or languishing in an orphanage. The baby has two dedicated, well-respected, well-off parents who have taken time off to spend time with it. I think that's fantastic and I'm happy for their family.

My vote was 3.

Let me preface this by saying that Pete Buttigieg has all the ideological and political reasons to be a solid star within the party for years to come, on the issues just left enough but not far left to upset independents all that much, but the issue comes down to his electability by key demographics that may shy away just because he is gay.

I do not like saying that, it is not my opinion, but I suspect that alone would get weaponized just enough to grab just enough votes away from Buttigieg in key districts where they would vote for some other Democrat. Namely minorities that while usually lean liberal are not necessarily socially liberal, mainly the Mexican vote that tends to be Catholic.

In the 2020 Primary, and considering all things like when he withdrew and then put support behind Biden, he cleared something like 2.5% of the total vote, 21 delegates, and arguably only did well in Iowa and perhaps one other.

I do not see 2024 being some new successful run on the national stage.

I like Mayor Pete. He's intelligent. Well-spoken. Charismatic. I think he'd make a good candidate.
Know what I like most about Pete? He's not ****ing 70 years old. Jesus. If 2024 ends up being Biden/Trump/Sanders I'll just want to slit my middle aged wrists. I'll refuse to watch the Cream of Wheat National Presidential Debate Series and the Geritol Presidential Rallies.
And as far as Pete's sexuality? Let's be honest. The people who aren't accepting of that aren't going to vote for a Democrat anyways. It's a non-issue.

Back
Top Bottom