• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democratic voters only - are you worried about the midterm elections?

Democratic voters only --- are you worried about the midterm elections?

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Not particularly.

Oh my, not worried about white supremacists, nazis, deplorables, misogynists and the "end of democracy as we know it"?

I guess it wasn't a thing after all; just a bunch of fake news hysteria.

The democrats may lose the house, possibly the senate.

No "may" about it. D-party has cooked their own goose and now it's time to eat.

Not unusual for a midterm

Which tells you all you need to know about the Democratic Party - they had an opportunity to govern and turned it all into a circus.

Oh my, not worried about white supremacists, nazis, deplorables, misogynists and the "end of democracy as we know it"?

I guess it wasn't a thing after all; just a bunch of fake news hysteria.

No "may" about it. D-party has cooked their own goose and now it's time to eat.

Which tells you all you need to know about the Democratic Party - they had an opportunity to govern and turned it all into a circus.
That must be why trump won the house and senate for his mid terms.....oh.....wait. lol

Not a voter so didn't poll. However, I am certain the Dems will lose the House, less certain about the Senate. Upsideis the GOP will yet again show they are incapable of governance and it will be a political s *** show leading up to 2024. That said the Dems need to get their collective act together.

The majority party almost always loses this midterm, and Democrats couldn't figure out how to get basic voting rights legislation passed, so they're probably screwed. They're also up against a win at all costs Republican party, and they can't seem to accept that and implement an effective response. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose the majority for most of a decade.

Not a voter so didn't poll. However, I am certain the Dems will lose the House, less certain about the Senate. Upsideis the GOP will yet again show they are incapable of governance and it will be a political s *** show leading up to 2024. That said the Dems need to get their collective act together.

What do you think they need to do?

A little worried, with inflation.

@Josie Consolidate more towards the centre and find a viable 2024 candidate. Given the electoral college, the US is not ready to move left and that's the facts.

Who cares? The so-called party of highest-morals-evah is running a shitshow.
Well at least you admit the Republicans are morally bankrupt. Lol

Well at least you admit the Republicans are morally bankrupt. Lol

I might care if I was a republican; but I'm not, so I don't.

The party I cared about for 40 years turned their backs on the working middle class and blue collar union workers.

I might care if I was a republican; but I'm not, so I don't.

The party I cared about for 40 years turned their backs on the working middle class and blue collar union workers.
So your vote is meaningless.

Good to know

I was worried based on history.

The Presidents party takes a beating during the midterms. With few exceptions, the controlling party loses seats and/or a majority in Congress.

Not worried at all. I will vote but nothing I can do about the outcome.

My hope is America rejects the insanity of the right. If not then I will just deal with it. One way or the other it will say a lot about America.

I highly doubt the gop will get a filibuster proof senate

It's to be expected, for several reasons.

1. The natural see-saw;
2. The party in the White House almost always loses seats;
3. Two treacherous Senators teamed up to destroy most of Biden's agenda, leaving some progressives and indies to ask, What's even the point of electing Democrats?
4. Righties are frenzied right now and are looking forward to forcing their hateful agenda onto America. Look at what they're doing in school boards as a preview of what they are about to do.

Please only vote if you are, by and large, a Democratic Party voter. Poll is public.

If you need some reading material on the topic --- https://www.google.com/search?q=mid...0j0i22i30l5.4809j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Are you worried that the Democratic Party won't fair well in the midterm elections? Please vote and discuss below.
I didnt vote since im not a democrat and thats what you asked for

but to answer your question, nope democrats will lose seats that's for sure and thats normal during a midterm for the previously winning part

Like Quote Reply

I didnt vote since im not a democrat and thats what you asked for

but to answer your question, nope democrats will lose seats that's for sure and thats normal during a midterm for the previously winning part

Like Quote Reply

By and large, a Democratic Party voter, not just Democrats.

By and large, a Democratic Party voter, not just Democrats.
that doesn't apply to me, the only election i could consider my voting by and large democratic party is president . . I've only ever voted democrat or third party for president. Last two elections i voted for others.

But as far as governors, mayors, state and fed representatives Im all over the map. One of my current favs is a republican and I've voted for her for years.

Somewhat worried only because of the widespread attempts of several Republican controlled state legislative bodies to limit voting access. Republicans are fully aware than when voter turnout goes down their chances of winning elections increase.

The majority party almost always loses this midterm, and Democrats couldn't figure out how to get basic voting rights legislation passed, so they're probably screwed. They're also up against a win at all costs Republican party, and they can't seem to accept that and implement an effective response. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose the majority for most of a decade.

You spelled "forever" wrong.
If the current GOP wins either chamber, that's probably the last election we will have in this country.
The Putin playbook is in operation...full swing.
In future, opposition candidates will simply be told they're not allowed to run, and if they don't get the message, they'll be arrested.

What do you think they need to do?
Talk about their party’s history of providing benefits and rights that transformed the workplace, about more recent accomplishments like the ACA, stress how it stands on voting rights, how its collaborative style in foreign policy serves US interests, and how Democrat-run states subsidize red states. Then point out how little the GOP stands for, how it rejected its last opportunity to produce a platform, how extremists in the GOP supported Putin.

All of the above won’t produce gains in November, but might reduce losses.

Worried is probably the wrong term, more predicting the same “shellacking” that Obama faced.

Back
Top Bottom