• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democratic Rep. Steve Cohen (TN)- 75% Of Guard Troops 'May Do Something' Class

[/QUOTE]
This clown has no clue what being a veteran or service member means. He insulted everyone of us

------------

Democratic Rep. Steve Cohen (TN) expressed concern Monday that the National Guard troops responsible for protecting Washington, D.C. on Inauguration Day could constitute a threat because they included too many “white males” who voted for President Donald Trump.

Yeah, that was a real jackass comment.

Does that include being white and having preferred Trump over Biden in the past election?

I'll say no, but if they preferred the Oath Keepers enough to wear the patch on their uniform, that should now be immediate grounds for dismissal or discharge.

[/QUOTE]

@RaleBulgarian:

I remember saying some even dumber comments after covering the 1992 LA Riots.
Something about seeing tens of thousands of people going full retard and bullets whizzing by missing me by inches made me start babbling some pretty insane crap for a couple of days.

I think he just got scared half to death, don't you?

Actually....He got scared 75% to death...and that number is off.
The most common ethnicity among army national guards is White, which makes up 63.5% of all army national guards. Comparatively, there are 15.4% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 12.6% of the Black or African American ethnicity.

Army National Guard Demographics - Zippia

LinkClick.aspx (defense.gov)

He had a conclusion and he was pulling numbers out of thin air trying to support that conclusion;

“The guard is 90-some-odd percent, I believe, male,” Cohen said in a Monday interview with CNN’s Jim Sciutto.

From the demographics link:
The army national guard workforce reached a whopping 15,993 in 2020. Among those workers, we discovered that 23.1% of them are women, while 72.8% are men.

I think some Democrats need to grow up a bit. Pelosi putting in a magnetometer to screen members was immature and provocative.
Putting measures in place to ensure the safety of everyone isn’t immature or provocative. It’s smart and correct.

@RaleBulgarian:

Something about seeing tens of thousands of people going full retard and bullets whizzing by missing me by inches made me start babbling some pretty insane crap for a couple of days.
[/QUOTE]
Good thing you weren’t an elected representative speaking publicly,

Thank you for your honesty.
Who's ashamed to say it? The people who should be ashamed are the ones who took so long in come around to agree with me. Slowly but surely they are though and it's starting with confederate idolaters. You can sit there are try to pretend that your right to hold any political view you want means all political views are equally acceptable but that simply ain't the case.

I guess everyone forgot that any guard for the Capital, including Guard Troops brought in, are vetted before assigned. Steve Cohen is overreacting and/or using the event to grab mic time. Either way or both, just another asshole in Congress who should not be there.

Here is the reality.

A lot of members of both law enforcement and the military are Trump supporters. Does that mean they are going to do anything nefarious? No, but it's reasonable to make sure that nobody who is going to be close to our elected leaders is going to do something dangerous. It only takes one true believer deciding to try to take out the Democratic leadership in some twisted attempt to keep Trump in power. I would rather not see that happen.

January 6th happened because these threats were not taken seriously. Let's not have a repeat.

@RaleBulgarian:

@RaleBulgarian
Good thing you weren’t an elected representative speaking publicly,

I could NEVER run for office.

And as you can see, a lot of people don't need to focus on Cohen because thanks to critical thinking skills, we don't act like knee-jerk reactionaries.
I don't know much about Cohen at all, so it's possible he got a set of brown racing stripes in his shorts from his recent experience in the Capitol. So now, like plenty of others, he's very paranoid of ANY Trump voters and supporters.

I'll say this much regarding that matter, it's maybe a good thing I am still staying home all the time AND it's a good thing I live in SoCal where there are fewer Trump supporters, because I personally view being in the presence of a Trump supporter as an active threat and I will probably want to move out of any area where I can see one or more of them.

Frankly, I fully expect ANY person wearing Trump crap like patches, hats, stickers, Trump flags, etc to be moments away from acting unhinged at the drop of a hat.
I’m sorry that you feel that way. You’re overreacting

Who's ashamed to say it? The people who should be ashamed are the ones who took so long in come around to agree with me. Slowly but surely they are though and it's starting with confederate idolaters. You can sit there are try to pretend that your right to hold any political view you want means all political views are equally acceptable but that simply ain't the case.

Holding a view and taking illegal action on it are different things and it is important that we continue to maintain that distinction.

I hope you're right but I'm old enough to have witnessed all this going very very wrong in nations around the world at an inflection point like the transfer of power.

wKOLaP.gif

kns13_anim.gif

Anyone still saying "It can't happen here" is only fooling themselves because it already HAS happened here.

Oh, I agree with what you say. My thoughts are that after the gang stormed the capital, the FBI went after them like a pack of pissed-off werewolves and those images might still be fresh in their minds. Plus the fact that cameras and personal phones will be recording every second perhaps they'll tone down their actions...BUT, as we all know, when the blood of some people gets hot, it's damn hard to predict what-the-hell they'll do. Yep, I'm almost 77 years old and I've seen much of what you've posted. I was surprised then and I could be surprise and disgusted the same way...tomorrow. :(

And as you can see, a lot of people don't need to focus on Cohen because thanks to critical thinking skills, we don't act like knee-jerk reactionaries.
I don't know much about Cohen at all, so it's possible he got a set of brown racing stripes in his shorts from his recent experience in the Capitol. So now, like plenty of others, he's very paranoid of ANY Trump voters and supporters.

I'll say this much regarding that matter, it's maybe a good thing I am still staying home all the time AND it's a good thing I live in SoCal where there are fewer Trump supporters, because I personally view being in the presence of a Trump supporter as an active threat and I will probably want to move out of any area where I can see one or more of them.

Frankly, I fully expect ANY person wearing Trump crap like patches, hats, stickers, Trump flags, etc to be moments away from acting unhinged at the drop of a hat.

That attitude is shared by some (perhaps many) when it comes to BLM protestors, but is equally misguided. Simply because some supporters of X commit violent and criminal acts should not be cause to assume that all supporters of X are apt to do so.

Many bigots and/or racists are simply cowardly incel losers who seek to artificially enhance (elevate?) their bottom of the barrel social positions by declaring others as being beneath them, yet would never commit a criminal act.

Holding a view and taking illegal action on it are different things and it is important that we continue to maintain that distinction.
Sorry but confederate flag wavers don't get the benefit of the doubt when they get to carry guns and and use force against black people. It's important you accept this reality.

Sorry but confederate flag wavers don't get the benefit of the doubt when they get to carry guns and and use force against black people. It's important you accept this reality.
Why about the white people they use force against? If you want only black LEO you have a numbers problem. Can't cover the prison numbers and LEO numbers concurrently

Why about the white people they use force against? If you want only black LEO you have a numbers problem. Can't cover the prison numbers and LEO numbers concurrently
Not all white people are white winging confederate idolaters.

I think it's time white wingers learned their place. It isn't in law enforcement or the military. Get those bums out.
It’s also time for people, like yourself, who have such racist views learned their place. It isn’t in this country.

Back
Top Bottom