• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democratic Rep. Steve Cohen (TN)- 75% Of Guard Troops 'May Do Something' Class

Benidict Donald has worked to divide AmeriCANs since he rode down his escalator; that division has permiated every nook and crany in our Country. If you look elsewhere on this site you'll find a list of the ring-leaders that sacked our Capitol, many of them are former militarty and the list of those that particiapated include elected State Officials, members of law enforcement even a Congresswoman is suspected of aiding and abetting the rioters. So nothing can be ruled out and you have to cut some slack to whomever made the decision to screen Guardsmen.

But, I think General McCaffery sums up the sitution best:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-biden-inauguration/ar-BB1cSXo3?ocid=msedgntp
But this is about Cohen's comments. Very offensive I'm sure for most veterans and current service members

Benidict Donald has worked to divide AmeriCANs since he rode down his escalator; that division has permiated every nook and crany in our Country. If you look elsewhere on this site you'll find a list of the ring-leaders that sacked our Capitol, many of them are former militarty and the list of those that particiapated include elected State Officials, members of law enforcement even a Congresswoman is suspected of aiding and abetting the rioters. So nothing can be ruled out and you have to cut some slack to whomever made the decision to screen Guardsmen.

But, I think General McCaffery sums up the sitution best:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-biden-inauguration/ar-BB1cSXo3?ocid=msedgntp

Right, you're correct, because while we argue this, the FBI has already been doing its job, sweeping and vetting the ranks.

There is talk on some networks of deprogramming and re-education camps etc. Very dangerous
Remember: you can't be deprogrammed if you weren't programmed in the first place

But this is about Cohen's comments. Very offensive I'm sure for most veterans and current service members

And as you can see, a lot of people don't need to focus on Cohen because thanks to critical thinking skills, we don't act like knee-jerk reactionaries.
I don't know much about Cohen at all, so it's possible he got a set of brown racing stripes in his shorts from his recent experience in the Capitol. So now, like plenty of others, he's very paranoid of ANY Trump voters and supporters.

I'll say this much regarding that matter, it's maybe a good thing I am still staying home all the time AND it's a good thing I live in SoCal where there are fewer Trump supporters, because I personally view being in the presence of a Trump supporter as an active threat and I will probably want to move out of any area where I can see one or more of them.

Frankly, I fully expect ANY person wearing Trump crap like patches, hats, stickers, Trump flags, etc to be moments away from acting unhinged at the drop of a hat.

It should be offensive to ALL AmeriCANs, very poorly thought out and worded. A lot of hasty ill-advised comments have been said since Jan 6th, our whole nation is on edge after witnessing the sack of our Capitol and hearing what the rioters were saying and intending.

There is talk on some networks of deprogramming and re-education camps etc. Very dangerous

Yeah, it's called PSA's. I guess you're afraid of PSA's.
And it's called documentary films and Special Reports, you afraid of those too?
Your favorite news outlets spent two decades putting out scores of them.

If their political views are supportive of white supremacy then absolutely purge them from government and the military.

Does that include being white and having preferred Trump over Biden in the past election?

How do we know they don't have one if they are walking around with bags and not being searched? I think it's a shame House members need to walk through magnetometers as well, but it's the inevitable outcome of a party embracing the insane, dangerous rhetoric of Qanon and the alt right. We can't take for granted that one of these Reps, or a member of their staff, isn't going to show up to the Capitol with a gun and do something deranged.
I understand your point. My concern is that Pelosi's approach seems more designed to demonize Republican members.

It should be offensive to ALL AmeriCANs, very poorly thought out and worded. A lot of hasty ill-advised comments have been said since Jan 6th, our whole nation is on edge after witnessing the sack of our Capitol and hearing what the rioters were saying and intending.

Yup, that's why I think Cohen got scared shitless and so now he's engaging mouth before engaging brain.

75% Of Guard Troops 'May Do Something

Reading the article and Mr. Cohens mental gymnastics as to how he arrived at the above conclusion, this comes across as bias heavy speculation with a big dose of intellectual laziness.

I understand your point. My concern is that Pelosi's approach seems more designed to demonize Republican members.

How so? Everyone is supposed to walk through the detectors, not just Republicans.

75% Of Guard Troops 'May Do Something

Reading the article and Mr. Cohens mental gymnastics as to how he arrived at the above conclusion, this comes across as bias heavy speculation with a big dose of intellectual laziness.

I think he just got scared half to death, don't you?

Does that include being white and having preferred Trump over Biden in the past election?
No, it includes white people that are violently bigoted, hence the moniker "White Supremacist"; that they are nearly all Trump supporters ... well ... it only reflects poorly on Trump, especially since he refuses to say anything agains them.

How so? Everyone is supposed to walk through the detectors, not just Republicans.
I get that but it was aimed directly at Republicans, and everyone knows it. That's why it was Republican members who refused to go through the magnetometers.

We will find out. They will have their day in court. Every military member has the right to deny unlawful orders. They just have to be prepared to defend that position

Can you answer with less dodging?
Do you want to hazard a guess as to any orders issued at the Capitol?
If these people use the unlawful orders defense then they have to testify as to who issued those orders, am I wrong about that?

I get that but it was aimed directly at Republicans, and everyone knows it. That's why it was Republican members who refused to go through the magnetometers.

Nope.

The magnetomters were installed as a direct result of the invasion and as a direct result of Ms. Boebert's refusal to comply with DC Metro and Capitol Police orders. Absent Ms. Boebert's very existence you'd still see those magnetometers installed anyway, and frankly, they should have gone up immediately after 9/11.

It's not as if she is forcing only certain people to walk through them.

Republicans talk about carrying guns to the Capitol, even after a deadly siege that many of them helped to instigate. Now everyone has to deal with enhanced security or face fines.

Republicans refuse to wear masks while sequestering with Democrats during an emergency and now multiple Democrats get sick with Covid. Now we have new mask regulations in place or you face a fine.

Nobody has been demonized by these moves. They were necessary because Republicans made the decision not to abide by some very basic, reasonable societal norms.

Back
Top Bottom