• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democratic Party's formal gun control platform

interesting conservative perspective but I disagree. You might check as to the politics of those who tried to kidnap Whitmer
No a very conservative perspective. Yeah.. for some reason.. I doubt those who tried to kidnap Whitmer were democrats. But if you have some info that they were a radical left wing group.. please lets see.

You disagree despite the fact that rioters.. are not going to bring down the US.
You disagree despite the fact that Trump is using rhetoric to encourage groups to take out elected officials that he disagrees with.

What amazes me.. is that for all your libertarian, and democracy and freedom views... you buy into the idea that people rioting for FREEDOM FROM OPPRESSION from the government.. and people AGAINST FASCIST CONTROL of the government...
Are the ones that threaten freedom in the US.

Meanwhile.. armed militias.. that are supporting white supremacy, that are supporting "law and order".. in other words government overreach..
that are planning attacks on democratically elected leaders because "we have to wear a mask to protect others.. screw that".
You think they are fine?

Come now.

Why? you cannot buy a gun online without meeting the seller face to face,. usually it requires a dealer if its across state lines
I'm happier about bullets. Buying really large amounts of ammunition is easy to do online with no one noticing. Okay, I know some people are in competitions, but some are nutball militiamen stocking up for Armageddon and some are planning a Las Vegas type massacre. Neither of those are safe.

Why can't dealers (brick and mortar stores) start selling ammunition for competitive shooters? Why is it so much cheaper online? That seems like something that could easily be fixed if people couldn't buy gobs of bullets online. Better yet, only sell large amounts of ammunition to those in a bonafide gun club, order them through the range?

No a very conservative perspective. Yeah.. for some reason.. I doubt those who tried to kidnap Whitmer were democrats. But if you have some info that they were a radical left wing group.. please lets see.

You disagree despite the fact that rioters.. are not going to bring down the US.
You disagree despite the fact that Trump is using rhetoric to encourage groups to take out elected officials that he disagrees with.

What amazes me.. is that for all your libertarian, and democracy and freedom views... you buy into the idea that people rioting for FREEDOM FROM OPPRESSION from the government.. and people AGAINST FASCIST CONTROL of the government...
Are the ones that threaten freedom in the US.

Meanwhile.. armed militias.. that are supporting white supremacy, that are supporting "law and order".. in other words government overreach..
that are planning attacks on democratically elected leaders because "we have to wear a mask to protect others.. screw that".
You think they are fine?

Come now.
when the government fails to protect individuals and businesses from lawless mobs, and people engage in armed protection of themselves, their neighborhoods or businesses, they are NOT supporting fascism or government control.

Then you realize we WERE attacked and your statement was dumb.

You treated people ....and then went home to your 80 inch tv to watch the Gilmore girls.

The military has doctors....they dont need them in NY.

Keep going
Actually the 1st responders and all the civilians that were injured in that attack needed care that day and months later.
And the military doesn;t have enough doctors. Especially at that time and even now. Which is why I was contracted to provide care.
Which is why I currently have VA contracts to provide care to those vets now.

I'm happier about bullets. Buying really large amounts of ammunition is easy to do online with no one noticing. Okay, I know some people are in competitions, but some are nutball militiamen stocking up for Armageddon and some are planning a Las Vegas type massacre. Neither of those are safe.

Why can't dealers (brick and mortar stores) start selling ammunition for competitive shooters? Why is it so much cheaper online? That seems like something that could easily be fixed if people couldn't buy gobs of bullets online. Better yet, only sell large amounts of ammunition to those in a bonafide gun club, order them through the range?
do you know who buys large quantities of BULLETS? people who are serious competitive shooters who reload. Just bought 6000 124 grain Frontier 9mm bullets (south african made btw). By buying online, I saved taxes and they don't charge shipping. You want to harass people based on a BOGUS fear.

as to actual ammunition-same reason-cheaper when in quantity and few brick and Mortar stores are going to have thousand-ten thousand round quantities.

One of the reason why anti gun posters are regularly thrashed on this forum, and others, is that you all almost never have any factual support for your desires to harass gun owners

Actually the 1st responders and all the civilians that were injured in that attack needed care that day and months later.
And the military doesn;t have enough doctors. Especially at that time and even now. Which is why I was contracted to provide care.
Which is why I currently have VA contracts to provide care to those vets now.
You could have gotten a haircut put on a uniform like a man and served your country.

You didnt want to leave the comforts of home.

You make big money off your contracts...they are not charity.

The more you talk the worse you sound. Keep going personal.

You should be embarrassed

when the government fails to protect individuals and businesses from lawless mobs, and people engage in armed protection of themselves, their neighborhoods or businesses, they are NOT supporting fascism or government control.
When the reason that people are "lawless mobs"... which they weren't.. is BECAUSE OF GOVERNMENT OVEREACH.. in which the government agents.. are acting as judge jury and executioners.. and can blatantly and illegally kill civilians.. without repercussion and without consequence?
Yeah..and you have militias that are supporting those government overeachers? Then yes.. they are supporting fascism and government control.

When the reason that people are "lawless mobs"... which they weren't.. is BECAUSE OF GOVERNMENT OVEREACH.. in which the government agents.. are acting as judge jury and executioners.. and can blatantly and illegally kill civilians.. without repercussion and without consequence?
Yeah..and you have militias that are supporting those government overeachers? Then yes.. they are supporting fascism and government control.
government overreach is to blame for the riots and looting? Do you really believe that a drugged out felon who was brutalized by a cop is what really instigated all those riots and destruction

You could have gotten a haircut put on a uniform like a man and served your country.

You didnt want to leave the comforts of home.

You make big money off your contracts...they are not charity.

The more you talk the worse you sound. Keep going personal.

You should be embarrassed
I could have left my residency and carried a rifle. Which would have deprived thousands of individuals.. including veterans and active military needed medical services.. thats true

I don;t even make my costs back with my contracts. I lose money on most every VA patient I see.

The more you talk the less credibility that you have..

government overreach is to blame for the riots and looting? Do you really believe that a drugged out felon who was brutalized by a cop is what really instigated all those riots and destruction
Absolutely. Thats exactly what is to blame. The rioting and looting was done under the cover of all the protests that occurred because of that brutalization.. and thats exactly what it was. And not just that.. the killing of a black EMT.. and no consequences.. oh.. except for the officer that shot into the white neighbor.. he gets a charge. But others nope.
Its about the cops that struck a elderly man and knocked him down and walked off.
Its about black folks getting shot on the side of the road because they have a cell phone in their hand
Its about black concealed weapons carriers.. getting shot by a policeman when he has his child and wife in the car.
Its about the myriad of instances when the police are blatantly brutalizing and harassing, and people.. mostly black.. but other minorities and even white people.. (though very rare).
You can see the difference in race though. I black concealed weapons holder gets shot by the police because why? He might be a dangerous guy with his wife and kid in the car.
Meanwhile a white kid can walk down the street carrying an AR 15.. with people yelling "he shot someone"... and they police let him go home without stopping him.

Cripes man.. you think you are being "harassed".. because of a law limiting your ammo purchase?
And people are being brutalized and killed by the police at an alarming rate.. with no concern.. and you could give a rats butt?

I agree with you, the best firearm to start a young child on is a bolt action 22 RF rifle
My first firearm was a Winchester Model 1912 12-gauge pump-action shotgun. In 1964 it was my 10th birthday, and my father gave it to me as a birthday present. I had been helping him disassemble, clean, and reassemble his firearms since I was 6 years old, and using his 12-gauge to go hunting with him since age 8. I guess by age 10 he figured I was trained well enough to be responsible for my own firearm. He wasn't wrong. I always knew the difference between real firearms and toys, and I never once had the urge to play with a real firearm.

FYI, that Winchester Model 1912 was on the 1989 California ban list. I still own the firearm, but I stopped using it decades ago.

I could have left my residency and carried a rifle. Which would have deprived thousands of individuals.. including veterans and active military needed medical services.. thats true

I don;t even make my costs back with my contracts. I lose money on most every VA patient I see.

The more you talk the less credibility that you have..
You could finish your residency and join as a doctor. We have been at war for 2 decades.

Lots of real American heroes did

Others stated at home and cashed in.

Keep the excuses coming.

Actually no. anarchists and antifa are the ones that would seek to protect US democracy.
It would be right wing authoritarian groups. That would kidnap a democratically elected governor.. put her on mock trial and execute her.. that we have to fear.
It would be right wing groups.. that would support a government sending federal authorities to quelch public protest and free speech.
Do you realize just how ****ing stupid you sound? You just claimed that an organization that has been rioting and looting and burning cities across the country destroying lives and inciting violence that has killed civilians with their announced intent to destroy the US system of government is a 'defender' of the Constitution...but what you REALLY have to fear is a bunch of dumbasses that failed in their ridiculous plot.

If you had said at age 30 the SW 41 would have been more likely. I suspect Ruger Mark II-IVs have won more club and local pistol matches than anything. I prefer the new SW Victory over the Rugers and the Browning Buckmasters (and we have all). Now my wife shoots a volquartsen Black Mamba which is a highly customized Ruger for steel. Nice guns but $$$
I have a tuned Mark IV. Don't reckon I will ever need another rimfire target pistol, but if I do, I'll get another Ruger. Perfect target pistol.

Absolutely. Thats exactly what is to blame. The rioting and looting was done under the cover of all the protests that occurred because of that brutalization.. and thats exactly what it was. And not just that.. the killing of a black EMT.. and no consequences.. oh.. except for the officer that shot into the white neighbor.. he gets a charge. But others nope.
Its about the cops that struck a elderly man and knocked him down and walked off.
Its about black folks getting shot on the side of the road because they have a cell phone in their hand
Its about black concealed weapons carriers.. getting shot by a policeman when he has his child and wife in the car.
Its about the myriad of instances when the police are blatantly brutalizing and harassing, and people.. mostly black.. but other minorities and even white people.. (though very rare).
You can see the difference in race though. I black concealed weapons holder gets shot by the police because why? He might be a dangerous guy with his wife and kid in the car.
Meanwhile a white kid can walk down the street carrying an AR 15.. with people yelling "he shot someone"... and they police let him go home without stopping him.

Cripes man.. you think you are being "harassed".. because of a law limiting your ammo purchase?
And people are being brutalized and killed by the police at an alarming rate.. with no concern.. and you could give a rats butt?
I am trying to figure out what exactly you stand for. Yeah, I am being harassed if the law infringes on my second amendment rights. And I oppose police brutality. I actually prosecuted such brutality. BTW people are NOT being killed by the police at an alarming rate

I am trying to figure out what exactly you stand for. Yeah, I am being harassed if the law infringes on my second amendment rights. And I oppose police brutality. I actually prosecuted such brutality. BTW people are NOT being killed by the police at an alarming rate
It is largely misinformation being spread by the Democrat sycophants in the media.

A black man is more likely to be killed by lightning than by a police officer. In 2019, police shot and killed 999 people in the US, according to the Washington Post’s Fatal Force database. Of those, 250 were black and 404 white. Police shot and killed 55 unarmed suspects, including 25 whites and 14 blacks.

All the riots are based upon leftist media propaganda.

Not sure if I answsered this...just saw it. YOU are the problem because YOU, like every other anti-gun leftist, focus your efforts on laws impacting law abiding citizens while ignoring the day to day violence. Rather than addressing the people actually doing the killing, you excuse it, justify it, or worse, just ignore it. You bleat on abotu 'mass killings' ignoring the facts, then follow tradition by also ignoring the 10,000 dead bodies annually.
I'm not anti gun, sorry.

I'm not anti gun, sorry.
:rolleyes:

Of course not. you just advocate for ridiculous gun laws that target law abiding citizens and do nothing to prevent gun violence.

But you arent anti-gun.

:rolleyes:

Of course not. you just advocate for ridiculous gun laws that target law abiding citizens and do nothing to prevent gun violence.

But you arent anti-gun.
Do you hunt with an ak47? If so do you need a clip with fifty rounds to kill a dear or a rabbit, a squirrel? Let's face it, no gun control laws are acceptable to most gun owners. How many of the mass shooters were law abiding citizens before their mass killings?

Do you hunt with an ak47? If so do you need a clip with fifty rounds to kill a dear or a rabbit, a squirrel? Let's face it, no gun control laws are acceptable to most gun owners. How many of the mass shooters were law abiding citizens before their mass killings?
The 2nd Amendment literally has nothing to do with hunting. Do you understand it? Have you ever even read it?

The 2nd Amendment literally has nothing to do with hunting. Do you understand it? Have you ever even read it?
Who is in charge of your well armed militia? What is the point of your militia? Are the british coming again?

For the same reason people buy any product online verse a traditional brick and mortar store. It is cheaper for the same reasons.

You folks are ignoring my suggestions for ammunition for competitive shooting.

You could finish your residency and join as a doctor. We have been at war for 2 decades.

Lots of real American heroes did

Others stated at home and cashed in.

Keep the excuses coming.
I could have thats true. But then again.. I would not have probably been able to develop the facilities that help rural folks like rural veterans etc.
I guess in your mind.. anyone that serves their community.. doesn;t matter..unless they joined the military.
You are welcome to feel that way. Please be sure to denigrate everyone in your community that did not go to war with you. The police officers, the doctors and nurses, the emt's and the firefighters. Please be sure to tell them that they are just using excuses.
Have a nice day vegas.

You folks are ignoring my suggestions for ammunition for competitive shooting.
Because frankly its ridiculous Mary.
Why? What do you think it will accomplish.
You realize that I have thousands of rounds of ammunition in my ammunition safe? Bought or given to me over more than a decade.
How would stopping online sales stopped that? None of it was bought online. And why would you want to? Because you are afraid that I have "too much ammunition"...
For what exactly?

Back
Top Bottom