• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democratic Party sets rules for criticizing Biden's VP pick Kamala Harris

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Democratic Party sets rules for criticizing Joe Biden's VP pick Kamala Harris - Washington Times

Media organizations have just been warned by the Democratic Party machine that they better be very, very careful with how they cover Joe Biden’s vice presidential choice — just revealed to be Kamala Harris. Any criticism of the expected woman will be considered racist and sexist, we are told. Oh, they wrap up that threat in a word salad, but that’s the bottom line: There should be second and even third thoughts about any criticism of Mr. Biden’s VP pick.

Snip

The fact that they expected this partisan missive to be accepted and adhered to by media entities tells you all you need to know about the problem with today’s legacy media.

This is a threat. And you can guarantee the usual corrupt media types will toe the line. It is pretty bold for a political party to lay down a standard of how you will and will not talk about a candidate. Personally, I surprised anyone had the cajoles to demand what they are already getting without the chutzpah of a public threat. Fear does make people do stupid things.

Are any liberals insulted enough to object?

Washington Times? Bwahahahahaha...

Democratic Party sets rules for criticizing Joe Biden's VP pick Kamala Harris - Washington Times

This is a threat. And you can guarantee the usual corrupt media types will toe the line. It is pretty bold for a political party to lay down a standard of how you will and will not talk about a candidate. Personally, I surprised anyone had the cajoles to demand what they are already getting without the chutzpah of a public threat. Fear does make people do stupid things.

The conclusion that it is the Democratic Party setting the rules is shown to be a lie from your OWN link (Which BTW is an OPINION article):

An actual memo went out from an ad hoc group of Democratic operatives (pretending to be advocates for women) to media organizations with orders on how to proceed with their coverage.

So do tell how some ad hoc group is now the Democratic Party. Do you even read articles or do you just look at the pretty headlines because they conform to your beliefs?

QpubliQans are the clear and present danger to the USA 🇺🇸.

No, this is why... "Tammy Bruce, president of Independent Women’s Voice, author and Fox News contributor, is a radio talk-show host." - Article author.

Still waiting for your response to post #3, how is this the Democratic Party setting the rules?

Did they post the memo or just take out snippets of it? Did it come from the DNC or some other group?

And I thought that the MSM was the "enemy of the People", should we care then if they get attacked?

lol

This is a lot of fail for one thread.

No, this is why... "Tammy Bruce, president of Independent Women’s Voice, author and Fox News contributor, is a radio talk-show host." - Article author.

He must have forgotten that the voice of a lesbian woman is only valid if she's on the left... How silly of him.

Did they post the memo or just take out snippets of it? Did it come from the DNC or some other group?

And I thought that the MSM was the "enemy of the People", should we care then if they get attacked?

lol

This is a lot of fail for one thread.

It was a memo from an Ad Hoc group, not even the Democratic Party. The opinion piece is a lie right off the bat.

It was a memo from an Ad Hoc group, not even the Democratic Party. The opinion piece is a lie right off the bat.

Are you telling me that Trumpeteers, Cultists, and Loyalists would make misleading Op-Ed pieces? And that those misleading Op-Ed pieces would then further be misrepresented and posted on a Debate Board to push a completely dishonest partisan narrative? That sounds too crazy.

lol

Washington Times - Media Bias/Fact Check

Chuckie... Chuckie, Chuckie, Chuckie.

Chuckie.

It is an Opinion piece, didn't you catch that?

Playing every identity politics care possible to deflect from criticism.
It's insulting to women, really.

Why does the left ignore the subject and then peel off into attacking the source rather than the subject.

Tl;dr “Democrat representatives feel empowered to attempt to set boundaries for media speech.”

Here is a list of criticisms from one of my favorite Conservative radio talk show hosts - Ben Shapiro.
Sounds reasonable to me.

• She endorsed "Medicare for All" while announcing that she would move Americans away from their private health care plans;
  • she announced in open debate that she would use executive orders to ban "assault weapons";
  • she said she would ban fracking;
  • she attacked Justice Brett Kavanaugh as a purported rapist and Judge Brian Buescher for his Catholicism.
  • Harris is unpopular with many black Americans: As a prosecutor, she was fond of pursuing heavy sentences for light charges, as well as civil asset forfeiture -- and then she bragged about smoking marijuana during her campaign.
  • Harris has similarly alienated moderates, attacking Biden himself as a vicious racist for his unwillingness to support forced school busing in the 1970s, and
  • suggesting that she believed Biden's sexual harassment accusers.

There is a reason Harris utterly flamed out in the primaries, aside from her bizarre habit of breaking into a Joker-esque whoop when asked difficult questions.

Here is a list of criticisms from one of my favorite Conservative radio talk show hosts - Ben Shapiro.
Sounds reasonable to me.

• She endorsed "Medicare for All" while announcing that she would move Americans away from their private health care plans;
  • she announced in open debate that she would use executive orders to ban "assault weapons";
  • she said she would ban fracking;
  • she attacked Justice Brett Kavanaugh as a purported rapist and Judge Brian Buescher for his Catholicism.
  • Harris is unpopular with many black Americans: As a prosecutor, she was fond of pursuing heavy sentences for light charges, as well as civil asset forfeiture -- and then she bragged about smoking marijuana during her campaign.
  • Harris has similarly alienated moderates, attacking Biden himself as a vicious racist for his unwillingness to support forced school busing in the 1970s, and
  • suggesting that she believed Biden's sexual harassment accusers.

There is a reason Harris utterly flamed out in the primaries, aside from her bizarre habit of breaking into a Joker-esque whoop when asked difficult questions.

These are all legitimate and fact based criticisms.
Watch the leftists in the media call anyone who raises these legitimate criticisms or other legitimate criticisms racist and / or sexist and / or bigot.
'Cause you know they will.

That's a great reason to believe her.:roll:

this is a Trumpet's opinion.

good grief

Well I'm going to criticize the ****ing **** out of her and Biden and they are going to get the **** over it.

This is the United States of America, not the Democrat States of America.

The Democrat sycophants in the media, which they don't even bother to try and hide any longer, is what makes mainstream media the enemy of the people. CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC have been the enemy of the people since at least the early 1980s, deliberately lying to the public and always pushing a radical leftist agenda. Anyone who watches CNN, ABC, CBS, or NBC propaganda are sub-human anti-American filth.

The Democrat sycophants in the media, which they don't even bother to try and hide any longer, is what makes mainstream media the enemy of the people. CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC have been the enemy of the people since at least the early 1980s, deliberately lying to the public and always pushing a radical leftist agenda. Anyone who watches CNN, ABC, CBS, or NBC propaganda are sub-human anti-American filth.

Having another hard day there Glitch? Thinking it is a good thing you don't live close to other humans.

No Nate. The right is simply not honoring the criticism embargo.

It is what it is. But I will give you this: “Why demand what you already have?”

My dude. If you have not yet reached the conclusion that you should take everything with a grain of salt from the MSM, let alone highly biased, mixed factual reporting results, I don't know what to tell you. Both sides will amp up the vilification of the other the closer you get to your election. What can I do to make you more situationally aware, other than have a chuckle when you drop highly questionable content from highly questionable sources?

But let's say it's true. Let's say the Democratic Party learned nothing from 3.5 years of Trump's attempts to meddle with, then literally make an "enemy of the people" out of the media, and they attempted a similar gaffe. So what? 2020 has brought with it plenty of new normals. You cannot say this was any worse than what Trump has been doing this whole time. Either you stand for integrity or you do not. If I were to find out that this was actually true, I would absolutely condemn this...because I have condemned Trump. I would have no choice.

If your response to this post is to say that you also denounce Trump's behavior, as it relates to the media, then you get a like and I leave you to it, waiting for a more reliable source to unleash my own righteous indignation at this coup. However, if you're trying to do the all-too-popular calling out of splinters in the eyes of others routine, while ignoring the log in your own because he was, I dunno, less successful at it, well...you'll understand if I don't get behind that. When folks make excuses for their own, they make excuses for everyone else's. While I might not like any of it, I have to respect the "when in Rome" principle.

Back
Top Bottom