• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democratic officials 'plotted to expose Bernie Sanders' as an atheist

Harry Guerrilla

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Sanders campaign for months complained that people in the DNC were biased in favour of the establishment candidate, Ms Clinton. The campaign even sued the DNC to allow it access to its voter database.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]An email from May 2016 and sent from DNC CFO Brad Marshall suggested that they should “get someone to ask” Mr Sanders his views on religion,

Stuff is coming out of the wikileaks dump now.
[/FONT]

Wikileaks emails: Democratic officials 'plotted to expose Bernie Sanders' as an atheist | People | News | The Independent

Last edited:
Oh no! Not an atheist!!

Alright, let's settle down now. We need to differentiate between what some dumbass suggests and what the DNC actually did.

Nah, he's an official member.
Can't back away from that one. :lol:

That would also ignore the tons of other emails with DNC members trying to sink Bernie.

I don't recall his atheism coming up (as it surely would've if he'd made it to the general), so apparently this "plot" never actually came to fruition.

Nah, he's an official member.

Yes, admittedly he joined to get free media exposure, while failing to fulfill his obligation to fundraise for the party (indeed, he called fundraising for downticket races "money laundering"), slamming the party every chance he had, and using the DNC's servers to steal proprietary information from the Clinton campaign.

I for one am shocked--shocked!---to learn that behind the scenes, DNC staffers were saying mean things about him to each other in their emails.

I believe DJT mentioned the system was rigged a couple of times. He managed to beat it on his end.

Well considering his own party isn't supposed to campaign against him in a neutral primary.
It's pretty damning.

Not really his party. He made it a point to not be a democrat, right up until he wanted something from them. "I think I will run for president, but independents don't do well, so I will call myself a democrat!"

ANd discussing what you might want to do is not "damning". Actions matter, venting in emails, not so much.

Not really his party. He made it a point to not be a democrat, right up until he wanted something from them. "I think I will run for president, but independents don't do well, so I will call myself a democrat!"

ANd discussing what you might want to do is not "damning". Actions matter, venting in emails, not so much.

They should of changed the rules then.
I didn't make them, he didn't make them, they let him in and they let him run on their ticket.

I didn't make them, he didn't make them, they let him in and they let him run on their ticket.

Indeed! The Democrats cleared a path for him in his 2006 Senate race, fundraised for him (including Hillary, but I guess her money was less evil when she was giving it to him), gave him some plum committee assignments, and let him run in the Democratic primaries despite his decades of less-than-charitable comments about the party. As a result, many people now know who Bernie Sanders is.

How much more does the Democratic Party owe him exactly?

Did anyone, Sanders supporter or not, ever think Sen. Sanders was a sincere Christian like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton?

Alright, let's settle down now. We need to differentiate between what some dumbass suggests and what the DNC actually did.

If the dumbass is a DNC staffer, then it is what the DNC did.

Did anyone, Sanders supporter or not, ever think Sen. Sanders was a sincere Christian like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton?

I didnt, because he's a Jew.

Indeed! The Democrats cleared a path for him in his 2006 Senate race, fundraised for him (including Hillary, but I guess her money was less evil when she was giving it to him), gave him some plum committee assignments, and let him run in the Democratic primaries despite his decades of less-than-charitable comments about the party. As a result, many people now know who Bernie Sanders is.

How much more does the Democratic Party owe him exactly?

To be neutral during his presidential campaign.
Otherwise they shouldn't have run him.

call me crazy, but i don't remember ever using work email to talk **** about anyone. email is permanent, easy to hack, and is almost always part of an audit.

To be neutral during his presidential campaign.
Otherwise they shouldn't have run him.

Bernie got through the primary without anyone laying a glove on him. His dubious past statements, writings, actions, and associations were all left alone. I don't recall so much as a mention of his atheism, despite the claims in this thread. They didn't even push him to release his tax returns after he lied and said he would!

He got a free pass, and got to take full advantage of the party's machinery to **** on the party and its leaders. What more do you want?

Bernie got through the primary without anyone laying a glove on him. His dubious past statements, writings, actions, and associations were all left alone. I don't recall so much as a mention of his atheism, despite the claims in this thread. They didn't even push him to release his tax returns after he lied and said he would!

He got a free pass, and got to take full advantage of the party's machinery to **** on the party and its leaders. What more do you want?

I told you, they definitely played favorites.
The proof is there for you to see.

It's not just this singular story, there are more emails and more to come.

Back
Top Bottom