• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democratic officials 'plotted to expose Bernie Sanders' as an atheist

As a side note, 'Jew' / 'Jewish' is the ethnic group. 'Judaism' is the associated religion. One can be ethnically Jewish and self identify as such, but not practice Judaism ala Einstein. I don't know if Bernie is also in this category or not.

Perhaps, but you don't see people calling ethnic Jewish Christians "Jewish".

Perhaps, but you don't see people calling ethnic Jewish Christians "Jewish".

That is a good point, Judaism is a big component of Jewish culture. At the same time, I think it would be equally important to ask ethnic Jewish converts to Christianity if they still self identified as being ethnically Jewish. I knew such a person years ago, but I never asked him.

I vaguely remember reading that Israel considers Jews who convert to other religions and Jews who are avowed atheists as still being ethnically 'Jewish' for state ID card purposes.

That is a good point, Judaism is a big component of Jewish culture. At the same time, I think it would be equally important to ask ethnic Jewish converts to Christianity if they still self identified as being ethnically Jewish. I knew such a person years ago, but I never asked him.

I vaguely remember reading that Israel considers Jews who convert to other religions and Jews who are avowed atheists as still being ethnically 'Jewish' for state ID card purposes.

Well sure, but maybe they identify as another ethnicity. ;)

Well sure, but maybe they identify as another ethnicity. ;)

"They" is way too all encompassing when dealing with individuals. Some of these individuals might, others might not. Others may well have a more muddled approach.

I once met a man who had left the Amish church for a Baptist church with a lot of former Amish. He spoke with a slight, but noticable German accent, was not fluent in written English, kept a relatively simple life style including "Mennonite style", but not Amish clothing, had a large family and... still chowed down near exclusively on Amish country cooking.

I asked him if he still considered himself to be 'Amish' in an ethnic sense, and he said "sort of".

Last edited:
I've seen an email of ted cruz trying to work with them (the DNC).
He may be ruined at this point.

That would be interesting to see - do you have a link to that?

Did anyone, Sanders supporter or not, ever think Sen. Sanders was a sincere Christian like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton?

..lol

Alright, let's settle down now. We need to differentiate between what some dumbass suggests and what the DNC actually did.

what we have is a rap sheet a mile long that the democrats are so corrupt..... its a MILE LONG of being CONSISTANTlY CORRUPT

THIS is a NATIONAL SECURITY ISSUE

Ted Cruz asking the DNC to provide financial backing for a delegate coup at the Republican convention seems to be the bigger story here.

TED CRUZ is the republican VERSION of HILLARY they both are too insane with GREED.. CRUZ reached too far with his GREED and got RAT _TRAPPED... buying off delegates to stop the will of the voters proved he is a fraud on being a christian and a fraud of being a conservative.... Hillary and CRUZ insane with a power need... This is a NATIONAL SECURITY ISSUE.... TRUMP has exposed
a totally RIGGED system in the same way as TEDDY ROOSEVELT.... they are the same TEDDY ROOSEVELT saved america from insane greed with stopping monopolies... TRUMP is doing the very same .. but the media is part of this insane greed system and must be stopped

Back
Top Bottom