• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Democratic National Convention

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Calling all Democrats and Joe Biden/Kamala Harris supporters! After waiting all spring and summer for America's favorite Democratic candidate to be nominated by the party we are just a couple days away from seeing it happen in Milwaukee, WI. For the next four days (August 17-20) from 9:00-11:00 ET there will be speeches and performances to watch. I know many people think it is just formalities, but there definitely are some interesting speakers on the schedule, most notably former Ohio Governor John Kasich (a lifelong Republican). I definitely want to hear Barack and Michelle Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Jill Biden, Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Gretchen Whitmer, Jim Clyburn, AOC, and more.

Everything you need to know is here:

2020 Democratic National Convention

Calling all Democrats and Joe Biden/Kamala Harris supporters! After waiting all spring and summer for America's favorite Democratic candidate to be nominated by the party we are just a couple days away from seeing it happen in Milwaukee, WI. For the next four days (August 17-20) from 9:00-11:00 ET there will be speeches and performances to watch. I know many people think it is just formalities, but there definitely are some interesting speakers on the schedule, most notably former Ohio Governor John Kasich (a lifelong Republican). I definitely want to hear Barack and Michelle Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Jill Biden, Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Gretchen Whitmer, Jim Clyburn, AOC, and more.

Plus, the Zoom format keeps reporters at bay so they don’t ask Joe any questions. And they can control the message like putting AOC on prerecorded video so she doesn’t express an unapproved thought.

Confetti and balloons optional.

I am not watching, could not possibly care any less about the conventions.

What I do care about is finally getting to the meat of the campaign season between Biden/Harris and Trump/Pence where the ads go up and we get some debates to watch.

Until then, party self-congratulatory political circle jerk **** shows with no value whatsoever... from both Democrats and Republicans... as speaker after speaker drills on and on about intentions and desires within the complete in the bubble safety of political party agreement devoid of any challenge.

Sheltered kids talking **** because they can.

... now hit the streets and talk to party independents both side know they need to get elected and refuse to admit it, again being the political cowards they generally are.

Sounds like Comic Con without the comedy so I guess that just makes it Con

With only one day left, surely SOMEONE else here must be interested!

How did they manage to fit in this huge pile of crap in the allotted time slots?

Oh yeah!

They are full of crap.

They will stir the emotions of the liberal girly men, and ultra frenzied liberal females.

Light the fires baby!

If you really think that crap about them, get out of this thread and never come back. All you are doing is trolling. DEMOCRATS AND DONALD TRUMP HATERS ONLY!

These are the speakers who I think are worth watching this week and dates:

Monday, August 17

Senator Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Governor Andrew Cuomo (NY)
Governor Gretchen Whitmer (MI)
Representative Jim Clyburn (SC)
Senator Bernie Sanders (VT)
Former First Lady Michelle Obama

Tuesday, August 18

Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (VA)
Former Secretary of State John Kerry
Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY)
Former President Bill Clinton
Former Second Lady Jill Biden

Wednesday, August 19

Senator Elizabeth Warren (MA)
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (CA)
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
Former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (AZ)
Senator Kamala Harris (CA)
Former President Barack Obama

Thursday, August 20

Governor Gavin Newsom (CA)
Former Vice President Joe Biden

Who else is watching it this week?

The only speech I'm interested in hearing is Biden's. Everything else is fluff.

And it's not a convention. No one is convening. It's a bunch of speeches by political has-beens, never-wases and wannabes.

These are the speakers who I think are worth watching this week and dates:

Monday, August 17

Senator Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Governor Andrew Cuomo (NY)
Governor Gretchen Whitmer (MI)
Representative Jim Clyburn (SC)
Senator Bernie Sanders (VT)
Former First Lady Michelle Obama

Tuesday, August 18

Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (VA)
Former Secretary of State John Kerry
Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY)
Former President Bill Clinton
Former Second Lady Jill Biden

Wednesday, August 19

Senator Elizabeth Warren (MA)
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (CA)
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
Former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (AZ)
Senator Kamala Harris (CA)
Former President Barack Obama

Thursday, August 20

Governor Gavin Newsom (CA)
Former Vice President Joe Biden

Where’s Maxine Waters? She’s a centrist in the democrat party now!

Poor Joe: “Damn, I have to take orders from all those people!”

Even though he's scripted, Joe may have some issues. I'm sure most of it is pre-recorded.
"Ok, Joe, let's try it again. Speech, take 36! Aaaaand, Action!".
:lamo

Granpappy, what don't you understand about the first sentence of my OP? If you are not a Democrat or Joe Biden supporter, you do not have any business clicking on reply buttons.

If you will not vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris on November 3, do not post in this thread.

The entire introduction...

People who aren't white, or do not appear to have white skin, are the key to our future...

This was the substance of it.

Following by a segment glorifying protest. Encouraging Americans to "rise up" against Trump.

Last edited:
Michelle Obama was incredible. Not necessarily all the content of what she said, but her delivery and her authenticity.

The rest of it was a cheesy mess. People accusing Trump of dividing us, when the entire theme was "rise up" and force Biden into office, through whatever means necessary. Musical segments that had nothing to do with anything, except maybe giving us a new idea of a track to download. A host who didn't really articulate anything except that the Democratic Party has more minority voters than we do. And that, in retrospect, Democrats mysteriously could have saved us from the virus. Even though Democrats did jack squat except instill fear and panic into our society for months. Andrew Cuomo blaming everybody else for their negligence, except himself.

And over and over, people touting George Floyd's death, and somehow implying it was Trump's fault. When the state of Minnesota was being run by Democrats.

Last edited:

Democratic Platitude Convention. Snoozefest. Same old repetitive, unity, empathy, 'restoring the soul of this nation' hackneyed tropes and bromides on loop. Cuomo as one of the worst stateside leaders in this pandemic, particularly per his orders to release recovering patients into nursing homes, yet spitting fire at others (though deserved, he was not the one to do it; casting stones in glass houses) was particularly bad.

I think Sanders was the only one who really talked policy.

Last edited:

You actually want to hear what they have to say? As if they are going to say something new? Something that the left politicians and media haven't already put out there in Russian Collusion or FISA or Mueller, or Impeachment? LOL what a joke. If the democrats hadn't started a hate campaign prior to the 2016 election and then went full Trump Derangement Syndrome after Hillary lost, and decided to try to remove an elected President, we would not be were we are today in this country. You looneys created this situation. Oh, thank Trump for the jobs and economic successes, since you haven't done that in the previous nearly 4 years. Your actions have consequences and regardless of the outcome of this particular election the debt is going to come due for the democrat party and the country.

Last edited:
Lets see-we have Cave In Kasich claiming Biden won't go far left-but then they put on goofy Bernie who claims his far left movement needs to continue and Biden will do that.

The only speech I'm interested in hearing is Biden's. Everything else is fluff.

And it's not a convention. No one is convening. It's a bunch of speeches by political has-beens, never-wases and wannabes.

Did you read my OP? Amy Klobuchar, Jim Clyburn, Gretchen Whitmer, Alexandra Ocasio-Crotez, Gavin Newsom, Chuck Schumer, John Kerry, Andrew Cuomo, Bernie Sanders, Jill Biden, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Barack and Michelle Obama, Gabrielle Giffords, Doug Jones, and Elizabeth Warren are definitely NOT fluff. and don't forget Kamala Harris will accept the Democratic nomination for Vice President the day before Joe Biden's convention-ending speech.

Back
Top Bottom