• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Democratic National Convention

I'll be watching. I watched tonight and thought it was positive and hopeful for a better future.

The format isn't has exciting as a big live convention...but it was well done considering the circumstances.
Are you more confident today than you were yesterday about Democrat victory? Who from last night should I watch this morning?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Granpappy, what don't you understand about the first sentence of my OP? If you are not a Democrat or Joe Biden supporter, you do not have any business clicking on reply buttons.

Perhaps you've spent too much time on Democratic Underground where any opposing views or voices are shut down immediately.

Please look at the name of this site and perhaps take a remedial course on debates.

These are the speakers who I think are worth watching this week and dates:

Monday, August 17

Senator Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Governor Andrew Cuomo (NY)
Governor Gretchen Whitmer (MI)
Representative Jim Clyburn (SC)
Senator Bernie Sanders (VT)
Former First Lady Michelle Obama

Tuesday, August 18

Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (VA)
Former Secretary of State John Kerry
Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY)
Former President Bill Clinton
Former Second Lady Jill Biden

Wednesday, August 19

Senator Elizabeth Warren (MA)
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (CA)
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
Former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (AZ)
Senator Kamala Harris (CA)
Former President Barack Obama

Thursday, August 20

Governor Gavin Newsom (CA)
Former Vice President Joe Biden

that's powerful.

The entire introduction...

People who aren't white, or do not appear to have white skin, are the key to our future...

This was the substance of it.

Following by a segment glorifying protest. Encouraging Americans to "rise up" against Trump.

Kasich and Sanders spanked traitor totalitarian trump. He ****ed up with the USPS and TrumpQins know it.

Trump’s MAFIA —> Making America Fascist Italy Already

yup..

I'll be watching. I watched tonight and thought it was positive and hopeful for a better future.

The format isn't has exciting as a big live convention...but it was well done considering the circumstances.

yeah, it was extremely well done. i was reading twitter comments from people other than Trump's foot soldiers and many people were moved to tears.

It was much more important to me to watch the Braves with last inning heroics beat the Washington nationals on a Swanson home run. I have watched a convention since 1956 when I watch both on TV. But back then, conventions were much more than formalities. It was prior to the modern primary system and no one really knew who the Democrats would nominate or who would be the VP nominee in advance. The conventions determined them, not a bunch of primaries as we have today. There were maybe 10-14 primaries, some not binding.

No one knew who JFK would pick as his VP until the 3rd day of the 1960 convention. Humphrey won the 1968 democratic nomination without even entering a single primary. Reagan's VP choice was totally unknown until the third day of the 1980 convention. He tried hard to convince Ford to become his VP, failed at that and settled on G.H.W. Bush. Conventions these days are cut and dry, just a show piece for what ever party. They mean absolutely nothing. Everything has already been decided way before hand. Now if Biden had waited until he had been officially nominated at the convention to announce his pick of his VP, perhaps some excitement would have returned.

All I have to say is Ho Hum, I'll watch the Braves. Watching a convention in this modern primary era is like going to the movies where they show the ending first, then start the actual movie.

I heard someone this morning compare the closing musical number to something from The Electric Company and I can't stop laughing.

Did you read my OP? Amy Klobuchar, Jim Clyburn, Gretchen Whitmer, Alexandra Ocasio-Crotez, Gavin Newsom, Chuck Schumer, John Kerry, Andrew Cuomo, Bernie Sanders, Jill Biden, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Barack and Michelle Obama, Gabrielle Giffords, Doug Jones, and Elizabeth Warren are definitely NOT fluff. and don't forget Kamala Harris will accept the Democratic nomination for Vice President the day before Joe Biden's convention-ending speech.

You have a point about Harris. She is more likely to be president than any VP since FDR picked Truman. Her speech will be worth watching.

The rest of the bunch are fluff. You can only hear the same "Orange man bad" speech over and over so many times.

Do you have anything good to say about the "WE THE PEOPLE" theme and how it began?

Cultural diversity is awesome.

But this is an election with serious political consequences, people should be voting based on policy. Not voting based on which political party has more voters with non-white skin.

I felt like I was watching an episode of Dancing With The Stars.

Before Michelle Obama came on, the entire thing seemed like it was geared towards 19 year olds.

Last edited:
It's literally all they have. They have no actual policy, vision, or accomplishments to point to, so trolling the libs as their president instructs them to do is what they will do.

Lol did we watch the same convention?

Please point out the "policy" that was highlighted during that 3 hour cheesy mess.

All I got out of it was "Rise Up" and create a cultural civil war. While trying to argue that Trump was dividing the country.

I appreciate the fact that 80% of the faces I saw were non-white. This is not an intelligent reason to vote for Biden. Nor was George Floyd's death Trump's fault, since Minnesota was controlled by Democrats lol.

And Andrew Cuomo blaming everyone else but himself.

How many people tuned in? 5

i would say 0 that have a "Joe and the Ho" avatar/bumper sticker/screen saver/yard sign.

Seriously, who in their right mind would listen to idiotic politicians give bull**** speeches? Look at the Hildabeast, how many turned up at her rallies ( sweet **** all). Trump isn’t a politician, he is a showman, an entertainer who happens to have a patriotic message that resonates with roughly 45% or more Americans and people turn up for his show. You leftist nut jobs are 20 years behind him

Seriously, who in their right mind would listen to idiotic politicians give bull**** speeches? Look at the Hildabeast, how many turned up at her rallies ( sweet **** all). Trump isn’t a politician, he is a showman, an entertainer who happens to have a patriotic message that resonates with roughly 45% or more Americans and people turn up for his show. You leftist nut jobs are 20 years behind him

Problem is, I am out to hire a politician, because the job is politics-based, and your "entertainer" is ****ing up by the numbers.

The entire introduction...

People who aren't white, or do not appear to have white skin, are the key to our future...

This was the substance of it.

Following by a segment glorifying protest. Encouraging Americans to "rise up" against Trump.

Another important detail is the location captions. The purpose of that was to show the Star Spangled Banner applies in all 50 states, the nation's capital, and America's territories. And it is not an accident that all of the kids wore red, white, and blue t-shirts.

Seriously, who in their right mind would listen to idiotic politicians give bull**** speeches?

99e8efcd-704d-4f0c-8c69-225bd2747b12.jpg

Problem is, I am out to hire a politician, because the job is politics-based, and your "entertainer" is ****ing up by the numbers.

Tough titties

Another important detail is the location captions. The purpose of that was to show the Star Spangled Banner applies in all 50 states, the nation's capital, and America's territories. And it is not an accident that all of the kids wore red, white, and blue t-shirts.

This is so obvious, though.

Most of the individuals pictured were not white. We get that. It would be a decent power point presentation for 8th grade students learning about cultural diversity.

In the real world, we can’t help or magically change our skin color. Pence can’t wave a magic wand and make himself Hispanic.

Selecting a candidate, or political party, based on which party has more minority members, rather than on political policy, is extremely irresponsible.

This is so obvious, though.

Most of the individuals pictured were not white. We get that. It would be a decent power point presentation for 8th grade students learning about cultural diversity.

In the real world, we can’t help or magically change our skin color. Pence can’t wave a magic wand and make himself Hispanic.

Selecting a candidate, or political party, based on which party has more minority members, rather than on political policy, is extremely irresponsible.

We won't be needing your advice on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom