• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Democratic National Convention

Serious question: how soon after he leaves office do you think Melania will divorce him? I'm betting it's filed before the end of 2021. I should start a poll... and a pool.

eh. probably within 2 years.

and the settlement will include a gag order.

Clinton got lucky. Normally his idiotic tax hikes would have harmed the economy bu the dot com bubble saved his ass

There's always some extenuating circumstance that fouls up the conservative myth about tax hikes killing the economy.
Just like there's always some extraneous reason for tax breaks not paying for themselves like they're supposed to.

Clinton and the Democrats transformed a deficit into a surplus and oversaw a great economic expansion. But according to conservatives it was all a fluke. Funny how that works. (George Dubya and his Republicans quickly restored the federal budget to deficits with massive tax cuts and an unfunded war).

There's always some extenuating circumstance that fouls up the conservative myth about tax hikes killing the economy.
Just like there's always some extraneous reason for tax breaks not paying for themselves like they're supposed to.

Clinton and the Democrats transformed a deficit into a surplus and oversaw a great economic expansion. But according to conservatives it was all a fluke. Funny how that works. (George Dubya and his Republicans quickly restored the federal budget to deficits with massive tax cuts and an unfunded war).

THE TRUTH ABOUT TAXES: History Suggests High Tax Rates On Rich People Do Not Hurt The Economy (Business Insider)
Ending Special Tax Treatment for the Very Wealthy (Center for American Progress)
America’s tax code no longer adheres to the core principle of ability to pay—the idea that taxes should be based on a person’s capacity to pay taxes.1 Instead, today’s tax code turns that principle on its head by letting the wealthiest of the wealthy pay virtually nothing on their gains. Not only are top tax rates on ordinary income low by historical standards, the uber-wealthy also stockpile increasing amounts of capital income while paying little or no tax on those accretions of wealth. The resulting negative feedback loop—whereby the rich use their wealth to influence the U.S. political system to skew policy in their favor, including giving themselves even more tax cuts—undermines democracy. In many cases, this allows economic elites to get what they want, even if a majority of citizens disagree.2 The TCJA is a prime example of this problem. The bill passed into law despite overwhelming public opposition to tax cuts for the wealthy,3 and some lawmakers admitted that the motivation behind the bill was to satisfy political donors.4

Reaganomics: Why It Wouldn't Work Today (The Balance)

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Last edited:
I like that Trump keeps claiming Democrats removed “under God” from the pledge of allegiance when it’s on ****ing video that he’s full of ****. I also like that his supporters are stupid enough to believe him.

The economic boom is gonna return prior to trumps reelection
In whose alternate universe?

I love these substantiveless one-liner inanities. It contrasts so well with well thought out presentations by "our side". They are, however, worth a bellylaugh.

I like that Trump keeps claiming Democrats removed “under God” from the pledge of allegiance when it’s on ****ing video that he’s full of ****. I also like that his supporters are stupid enough to believe him.

The LGBT and Muslim-American caucuses at the DNC recited the pledge and left out "Under God"

I keep seeing this all over my facebook feed.

Lots of misinformation out there, and the gullible rubes believe it all. Scary times when 40-45% of the country believe everything some mobbed up demagogue says, even if it's proven without a doubt it's a lie.

I keep seeing this all over my facebook feed.

Lots of misinformation out there, and the gullible rubes believe it all. Scary times when 40-45% believe everything some mobbed up demagogue says, even if it's proven without a doubt it's a lie.

Lol will you all look at the post above?

It's not misinformation.

Unless you are claiming that someone doctored these videos.

Back
Top Bottom