• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democratic lawmaker hits justice as ‘Uncle Thomas’

apdst

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The term "Uncle Tom" is derogatory but not racist....If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck--it,s a duck...:) :)

The term "Uncle Tom" is derogatory but not racist....If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck--it,s a duck...:) :)

There is no need to distract from apdst's complaining about the truth with a silly statement like that. Of course uncle tom is a racist insult. You cannot be a white uncle tom. If you have to be black to fit the insult, then the insult is racist in nature. However, that does not mean the insult is not spot on. Thomas would probably be more of an Uncle ruckus rather than an uncle tom.

Scumbag lawmaker singled out one Supreme Court justice, did so based solely on his race, using a derogatory term...and look at all the racists jumping to defend the racist.

Man conservatives play the race card a lot.

It didn't take long for the racist Libbos to rear their heads.

Then, exhibit his shear stupidity,

All democrats have to say is "I didn't know" and that is a valid answer and their loyal hateful racist fanbase will by it hook line and sinker every time.

Well all I have to say is that if someone is too stupid to know that "Uncle Tom" is a racial slur they shouldn't be in government..

Mean while that Paula Dean woman is being persecuted for using "racial slurs"....

See how that works....

Oh yeah and there is no media bias here....

I'm tired of having my intelligence insulted and seeing people get off the hook for their racism just for their political affiliation - YEA I'M TALKING TO YOU PROGRESSIVES.....

You want ****ing equality YOU PROGRESSIVE PEOPLE - then hold people to the same standards.....

You progressives know this already tho - you just get your jollies off degrading people because your hate is a hobby....

Definition of UNCLE TOM

1. A black who is overeager to win the approval of whites (as by obsequious behavior or uncritical acceptance of white values and goals)
2. A member of a low-status group who is overly subservient to or cooperative with authority

How is this racist again? Oh I get it, if progressives point out the truth about how racism messes with the mind of people like Thomas, it's racism. Denouncing the effects of racism is racism.

Jesus, conservatives are dense.

Need to teach you a bit of grammer(spelling intentional). You used the plural, "libbos". For your edification: Plural - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Problem is, you meant the singular. "A libbo", not "libbos". This is why you should pay attention in school.

It is only a silly statement to those who disagree with the premise---If a black man acts like a white man and does not honor his own people, he is considered to be an Uncle Tom---so, like I said..if it quacks like a duck, it is a duck....It is certainly not the first time that Clarence Thomas has been called an Uncle Tom.....

Definition of UNCLE TOM

1. A black who is overeager to win the approval of whites (as by obsequious behavior or uncritical acceptance of white values and goals)
2. A member of a low-status group who is overly subservient to or cooperative with authority

How is this racist again? Oh I get it, if progressives point out the truth about how racism messes with the mind of people like Thomas, it's racism. Denouncing the effects of racism is racism.

Jesus, conservatives are dense.

Incredible! Thank you!

Scumbag lawmaker singled out one Supreme Court justice, did so based solely on his race, using a derogatory term...and look at all the racists jumping to defend the racist.

They're the overseers of the plantation.

It is only a silly statement to those who disagree with the premise---If a black man acts like a white man and does not honor his own people, he is considered to be an Uncle Tom---so, like I said..if it quacks like a duck, it is a duck....It is certainly not the first time that Clarence Thomas has been called an Uncle Tom.....
So..A supreme court justice, one with a lifetime appointment and conceivably one of the 9 most powerful people in the world...a man that never again has to apply for a single job or has to 'please' anyone in your mind should knock his uppity **** off and get back to acting black.

Beautiful.

Last edited:

So "white men" act in a specific way that you can generalize and stereotype? There is some universal means of "honoring his own people" that is somehow mandatory for all blacks to do by basis of their race? Your statement would look just as foolish if you were stating "If a black man acts like a black man and does what his people do, he is considered a nigger---so, like I said...if it quacks liek a duck, it is a duck".

It's a term used in a derogatory fashion hinged primarily around the concept of the individuals race and largely founded upon broad racial stereotypes.

There was a time where there was a call for people to be judged NOT by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. Suggesting someone is an "uncle tom" is judging them the content of their character BASED upon the color of their skin.

Need to teach you a bit of grammer(spelling intentional). You used the plural, "libbos". For your edification: Plural - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Problem is, you meant the singular. "A libbo", not "libbos". This is why you should pay attention in school.

But then the attempt to throw the "outraged" race card would be so much less impactful, come on now ;)

But then the attempt to throw the "outraged" race card would be so much less impactful, come on now ;)

What is sad is that if he had just been outraged at the comment itself, which was pretty ****ing vile, he would have been in the right. If you don't overreach, you can make much more effective points.

What is sad is that if he had just been outraged at the comment itself, which was pretty ****ing vile, he would have been in the right. If you don't overreach, you can make much more effective points.

That's been my general feeling and stance in terms of issues of race for quite some time...sadly, those that see it as a wonderful tool to bludgeon the opposition with and NOT as something they actually truly give two ****s about have no desire in anything other than scorched earth politics. Thus you get all libbos think clearence thomas is an uncle tom and all Cons hate Obama cause he's black.

:roll:

It was one "libbo". If one person in a group says something racist and that makes the entire group racist, then every group with more than 100 people is racist.

All democrats have to say is "I didn't know" and that is a valid answer and their loyal hateful racist fanbase will by it hook line and sinker every time.
The majority of the liberals in this thread aren't forgiving the ok or saying that it's ok. And I haven't seen anyone say it's ok because he didn't know. I've only seen one person say it's ok because it's actually not racist, not because "he didn't know". Your over generalization misses the mark.

Mean while that Paula Dean woman is being persecuted for using "racial slurs"....
Paua Dean campaigned for Barack Obama in 2008, even donating to his campaign. Yea, her employer doesn't like what she said. So they fired her. Are you saying that her employer shouldn't be allowed to fire her? If the people that voted the guy in want him gone then they should vote him out or recall him. In general I'm not fond of asking people that don't directly represent me in government to resign, as in congressmen from other areas, but if his constituents really want him gone then he should even resign. But still, this has nothing to do with Paula Dean and a private company.

See how that works....
Yes, but you don't.

Oh yeah and there is no media bias here....
Media bias? What planet do you live on? It's a congressman than I've never even heard of and if I google "uncle thomas" I'm getting all kinds of sources reporting on it. Considering that the guy only put "uncle thomas" and not something much more hateful like the n-word, it's getting plenty of coverage. You're probably whining about media bias without even checking who's reported on it yet.

I'm tired of having my intelligence insulted and seeing people get off the hook for their racism just for their political affiliation - YEA I'M TALKING TO YOU PROGRESSIVES.....
Then you should quit writing posts that resemble the rantings of a mad man.

You want ****ing equality YOU PROGRESSIVE PEOPLE - then hold people to the same standards.....
Every side wants to give more slack to someone who agrees with their politics. That's just a fact of life. It's not a progressive or conservative thing.

You progressives know this already tho - you just get your jollies off degrading people because your hate is a hobby....
He says while ranting about how terrible progressives are, lol. You must be a progressive because you seem really good at hating, lol.

Incredible! Thank you!

You're welcome. It shows that conservatives will do anything to divert attention from their own racist policies, including criticizing criticism of racism as racist. Bizarre.

They're the overseers of the plantation.

Ah, the plantation meme -- racism within racism pretending to criticize racism by using racist history.

That's what conservatives do!

Ah, the plantation meme -- racism within racism pretending to criticize racism by using racist history.

I'm curious, what color is the sky in your world?

Tim-

Your definition of "uncle tom" speaks volumes.

African Americans who leave the liberal plantation are subjected to especially vicious attacks.:cool:

African Americans who leave the liberal plantation are subjected to especially vicious attacks.:cool:

Conservatives just can't help it: using racist language to claim those who criticize racist attitudes are racist. Freaky.

No, it's not. But it's shameful every time it's said.

Back
Top Bottom